Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  • 1 Post By un_designer
  • 1 Post By sinistersai4d
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way?
    nope, no way to arrange bookmarks either, but you can add bookmarks.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Plus no frequently used websites can come up on browser. Plus no css transformation in browser. Plus no other good browsers available. But with such a good user base, bigger than android, I can see opera coming. Unlike safari we dont have nitro java boost either
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I don't know, because I always use Just Type!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    strykr_ac likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyReN View Post
    Is there a way?
    no there isn't. however, i think that you might be able to re-arrange the bookmarks if the browser on the TP is the same as on the Pre.... basically, go into the edit bookmark mode, and just drag the bookmarks up or down to re-arrange.
    ESWG likes this.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    how do you go into edit bookmark mode?
    I'm not sure and can't check since I don't have one, but on my Pre, you just go into the app menu (top left corner) and click on "bookmarks" to go into the bookmarks edit mode (bookmarks shown as a list, where you can just drag & drop to move, or swipe from left to right to delete).

I know that on the TP the bookmarks are in a drawer on the right side of the browser that you activate via a button to the right of the URL bar. That "drawer" might be the edit mode... try dragging a row to see if you can re-order the bookmark, and swiping from left to right to see if you can delete a bookmark.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ah yeah, no drag and drop on touchpad. You can only swipe to delete
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    this has to be the most useless browser.. how could something like a browser not have a homepage option?
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    this has to be the most useless browser.. how could something like a browser not have a homepage option?

er, just just go to the page you want.... Hit share... Add to launcher.

then replace the globe icon with the icon for the webpage you just saved to launcher. Yeah you lose the shiny globe, but it serves an identical purpose.
    tvc15 likes this.
    Dumb question....where's the "share" button located on the touchpad browser?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    just to the right of the address bar. Its the icon of a square with an arrow
    out of curiosity, what do you need a homepage for?
    What I did was go to Yahoo, select "Add to Launcher", and replaced the Globe with the Yahoo shortcut.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by t0byd0g1 View Post
    What I did was go to Yahoo, select "Add to Launcher", and replaced the Globe with the Yahoo shortcut.
    yeah that's what I suggested above. I also use yahoo. Additionally, if youwant to be anal you can add a 90x120 pixel image to the launcher and have it redirect to yahoo... So you get a nice icon. Don't know if that makes sense.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Not integrated but goto 3x3links.com, setup your Speed Dial type pages then save the bookmark to favorites. Replace your browser button on the launch bar with this new bookmark and now you have a homepage with your custom links.
    here's a way to hard code one in: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-new-post.html