Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By joshuapingley#WP
  1.    #1  
    Are there no more TouchPads anywhere?
    HP.ca apparently says so, and also there's someone saying the distributors are all out as well.

I would advise EVERYONE to NOT buy any on eBay or Craigslist. Punish those hoarders who are flipping them.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    HP.ca apparently says so, and also there's someone saying the distributors are all out as well.

I would advise EVERYONE to NOT buy any on eBay or Craigslist. Punish those hoarders who are flipping them.
    Oh I REFUSE to give them eBayers the satisfaction of making a 200% profit muwahahahah
    un_designer likes this.
    eBay for now, but I think HP has more (possibly on the Small Business site). Check tweet from Lisa Brewster (@Adora) regarding someone on the team who is working this: @BrynaAtHP
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

Don't bid any more on eBay than what you believe to be their cost + shipping. If I find some, I'm planning to donate at least one to the webos-internals team. HP should have done this clearance at $249 & $199. That would have been way more than fair value, but I think HP just wanted to get this out of the way.
    Dan Donovan
    Some retailers may still be returning their stock to HP. You might still want to watch the HP site.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Some retailers may still be returning their stock to HP. You might still want to watch the HP site.
    That is what I plan to do. As much as I thought I didn't want a TouchPad I think I would really enjoy it. I know I loved it on the Pre I used to have and I've played with a TouchPad at Best Buy and thought it was actually pretty nice. I hope HP gets some back in stock!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    When I went into the Boise Costco on Friday night, the guy told me that he wasn't sure what was going to happen, but he was sure they would be discounted... I went in on Saturday morning, and the whole display was gone... I spoke to the same guy, and he said that Costco was returning them all to HP. For what it's worth
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I think there are more TouchPads to "find" but the main load of local, available stock seems gone. Maybe they're waiting for the big barges from Asia to come in with the rest

The good thing is since $99 is the "official HP" price, they should be devalued in a few weeks/months [EDIT] Theoretically.
    Just checked the HP Shopping site. It looks as if the Touchpad availability notification page has been updated. The phrase "temporarily out of stock" was used. This leads me to believe there are more. Patience is a virtue. (Wish I had taken my own advice.) The inflated prices on eBay will come down as soon as more stock is available directly from HP.
    Dan Donovan
    My son works @ Best Buy in Boise & the guy who runs their mobile division said HP would have more in stock by Wednesday...says his source at HP...good luck to all!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

And really, if HP were serious about licensing webOS to someone, they would have let the TouchPad go for a much shallower discount and stretched things out. There was NOTHING to gain from this kind of fire sale other than getting rid of available inventory as quickly as humanly possible.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Just checked the HP Shopping site. It looks as if the Touchpad availability notification page has been updated. The phrase "temporarily out of stock" was used. This leads me to believe there are more. Patience is a virtue. (Wish I had taken my own advice.) The inflated prices on eBay will come down as soon as more stock is available directly from HP.
    Now it says out of inventory. I'm really hoping I can get one. I had family move in who fell on hard times. We went from a 2 person household to an 8 person household. The kids are sleeping on the sofa bed in the family room where my pc is, so unless I move it, I wont have access after 8 or 9 pm duing the week, and I don't even get off work until 6.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Supposedly hp has over 200,000 so I think they will get more in stock it is just their site couldn't handle all the load so they want to get everyones order straightened out and get them shipped out then allow others to order once their site is back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    Supposedly hp has over 200,000 so I think they will get more in stock it is just their site couldn't handle all the load so they want to get everyones order straightened out and get them shipped out then allow others to order once their site is back to normal.
    I hope this is the case, and I hope they limit it to 1 or 2 per address so everyone gets a chance.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Germany is completely and utterly sold out of anything webOS - TouchPads, Pre3s, Veers.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sukiyaki View Post
    i hope this is the case, and i hope they limit it to 1 or 2 per address so everyone gets a chance.
    ^ this!
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    See the Firesale: Part 2 article. And I agree, limit the sales to 1 or 2 per person.