1.    #1  
    Here's a technical question, in case you're getting tired of all the talk about where to get a bargain HP TP.

I'm trying to play a 90 minute video that's about 3 GBs. The video and audio format is OK. It works with shorter, smaller videos. Video is MP4 with a bitrate of about 4600 kbps.

Do you think the file size might be stopping it from playing, or the bitrate? It plays on my Android tablet, which makes me think that it should be able to play on the HP, since they pretty similar when it comes to processing power. Of course, the processor isn't everything.
    Definitely 2GB limit problem.

I don't know where I read it... But it is know.

I would buy the video player in the store (forgot the name) and see if it works playing from it. Otherwise, streaming from it over 3GB things should work.
    I've heard that there's a 2GB limit on video file sizes. Either split the video or compress it even more.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    there's a thread here with an optimized handbrake profile that might answer your questions...search handbrake and touchpad.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    or compress to be smaller than 2GB, which should be easy... 3GB is big for a video file when you can have perfectly good enough quality in 1-1.5GB for a 2hour movie.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    or compress to be smaller than 2GB, which should be easy... 3GB is big for a video file when you can have perfectly good enough quality in 1-1.5GB for a 2hour movie.
    Yes, I'm going to do this. Compression is so good now that it'll still look decent at 2GB.

Thanks for the help. Good to know what the problem was.
    Yep, 2GB file size restriction. HP is aware of it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Save yourself the trouble and download KalemSoft Media Player from the App Catalog.
    Another thread mentioned that KalemSoft is bound by the same limitation. It's a system issue.
    I've tested files at 3.9GB and it worked fine using KalemSoft.