Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just thought I would make a post for everyone to keep each other posted on there carphone warehouse order :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2.    #2  
    Any1 recieved a processing or shiping email of them yet ??

3.    #3  
    Sum guy who said he worked at the carphone warehouse said on twitter that apparantley they had lots of stock so lets hope who ever placed and order gets 1 :-)

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Nothing as yet for me.

I'm not very happy that CPW has a get-out clause on their website that says confirmation emails don't mean you're confirmed as having purchased anything, just that they're confirming having received your order. So basically until you get the second out for delivery email they could pull the plug and you'd have no comeback.

What really bugs me is that tech places online don't use the same e-commerce systems as ticket agencies. There, you get allocated the tickets and get 10 minutes to complete your purchase. If you fail, they go back into the available stock list automatically. But most tech places have a "who completes first wins" system that can have you get right to the end of the process and *then* get thrown out with no indication that they have no stock - it's like queuing up in Tescos then having someone run up at the last moment and grab your shopping from your trolley, run through another till and leave you shafted. Annoying.
  5.    #5  
    I myt ring them up I sent them an email yesterday asking when mr order would be dispatched and they still havnt got back to me which is pretty bad in my book

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have a tracking number and it says out for delivery today. I ordered over the phone though, not on the internet.
  7.    #7  
    I'm going 2 ring them up now I'll let you guys no what they say

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    That's a bummer. Did you get the initial order confirmation email with an order no. (not a tracking no.), or no emails from them at all?

If they're now saying they don't have orders in their system even when they've sent out emails I'll be seriously hacked off.
    Hi,

I just called and they said I will get an email by end of day. It was likely to go through as they should receive more stock shortly and they are workng through the orders. Time will tell.

Cheers,

Chris
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Just had both my 32gb's delivered by DHL. Ordered last night at 6:37pm over the phone.
    I guess I should have phoned.......
    guess i should have phones aswell haha anyway just got some more news, i
    Talked to CPW again 10 mins ago and the woman read out an email she had *just* received from upper management stating that anyone who got a confirmation email last night (the 1st one) will have their order processed today and stock has been allocated to them. Don't know how reliable it is, but that's all i know for now. yeahhh budy, fingers are still crossed
    churcwa how are they m8, have u had a play around with them yet haha im well jealous
    also u only ordered it last night, how have u got it allready coz they will not of shipped it that quick
  14.    #14  
    Still not recieved an email, any1 else had any look

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Still nothing for me either, and no reply to my email query to CPW (and indeed no automated email reply just to say they got the message either).

I appreciate they'll be busy and all that, but it's a bit slack. I doubt I'd be able to find another Touchpad now anyway if it falls through, but even if I could I'd be loathe to put more money down when I don't know whether I've already bought one or not!
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Update: just got this email:

Dear <details deleted>,

Thank you for choosing to purchase your HP Touchpad at The Carphone Warehouse. We're writing to let you know that unfortunately due to high demand, there has been a slight delay in processing your order.

We will contact you as soon as possible to confirm your request has been completed, and to organise delivery for all successful orders. This may take up to a week for a small number of customers but we are working hard to minimise the delay.

We have not taken any money from your account, and will not do so unless we send you an order confirmation email.

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience with this issue.

What do you need to do now?

You don't need to do anything - there is no need to contact us; we are in the process of placing your order.

Alternatively, if you wish to cancel your order, you can call us on 0870 087 0870*, dialling option 1, then option 4.

If you've already received an e-mail updating you on the status of your order, please disregard this message.

We apologise once again for this delay, and hope to process your order shortly.

Many thanks for choosing The Carphone Warehouse.

The Carphone Warehouse Team

I dunno. It doesn't say for sure the order will go through, but doesn't say it won't either. The bit about ringing to cancel doesn't fill me with confidence though - makes me wonder if they're hoping some people will give up and they can reallocate stock.

Oh well, fingers crossed...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    hey noobftw, I was surprised too but they did get it to dhl at 5am this morning. I am posting from it right now. Just sorting it all out with my accounts. Wish cb messenger was on it.
  18.    #18  
    Yeah I got that email of cpw aswell, I think we might still get 1 of them though as they have supposidly made a promise to get a touchpad to every1 who recieaved a confirmation email, we shall have 2 wait, I wont b best please if they string us along for a week then tell us no though, that will b horrific because I cant affort 2 try and purchase another1 elsewere :-(

You could order one somewhere else, then cancel this one. On the other hand, the guy I spoke to said they were getting a few thousand more in. They must have got a lot of orders......
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Received a text from carphone warehouse:
    "Hello and thank you for your HP Touchpad order. Unfortunately due to high demand there has been a slight delay in processing you order. You don't need to do anything; we'll contact you within a week with more information regarding your order. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. The Carphone Warehouse"

I am just checking this is standard due to the uncertainty of actually receiving my ordered touchpad. Just want reassurance thanks guys!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast