Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Well I got through to the end of the ordering process on TD and got a blank page. So not sure if they got my order or not. No email from them yet.
    LOL... Tiger Direct website has the 16Gig device at $999 now. Must have run out and not have wanted to take the page down.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Took forever to load. Currently unavailable 16/32 GB on both Circuitcity and CompUSA 16GB listed at $999.99 for some reason)..... Gotta wait til HP gets their returns in.
    Ummm... are they serious>???

ooops cutout the part that said Tigerdirect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Tiger Direct (and CompUSA) showing me $999.99 for the 16GB model and $549.99 for the 32GB one. No it really does say $999.99.
    Bet someone fat-fingered it while keying in the new price hehehe...
    <<posts merged>>
  8.    #28  
    compusa/circuitcity/tigerdirect are all the same thing with the $999 and not selling it online any longer. I knew compass and tiger direct were the same co, but didn't know circuit city was also part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsbenedict View Post
    compusa/circuitcity/tigerdirect are all the same thing with the $999 and not selling it online any longer. I knew compass and tiger direct were the same co, but didn't know circuit city was also part of that.
    I was gonna say, with them all showing the 999, and CompUSA and CircuitCity being out of business for quite a while now, that someone (looks like tigerdirect) probably just bought up the domains and trademarks, etc to get the traffic from people that think it's the same as the old brick and mortar they used to shop at. Average consumer more likely to buy from a name they know CompUSA or CircuitCity vs tigerdirect that they have never seen or heard of. It is crazy to me how people are still affraid of the internet.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I don't know if there are any Circuity City stores, but as I said, I know of at least one CompUSA store.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    That quick.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Completed a purchase through TigerDirect. Took 30 minutes of waiting and multiple windows. Was on hold for 25 minutes waiting for someone on the phone as well.
    Email confirmation as well!!!
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Pretty hilarious. If you go there now it lists the price as $999. I mean, I know this is a collector's item, but . . .
    I tried to order through CompUSA earlier today and I got all the way to the billing page. It didn't completely load so I tried to reload it. Lots of errors until it finally said that my cart was empty. Then the price jumped back up to above normal.

I drove to 2 different Walmarts near me on Saturday. In both cases, the people just in front of me in line took the last ones. I keep getting denied!!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Email confirmation as well!!!
    And now I have a Tracking Number! Looks like I might have been the only one around here to score from TigerDirect.
    11B1P likes this.
    Hope you didn't pay $999.99
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Hope you didn't pay $999.99
    32gb for 149 and 20bucks overnight shipping.
    I had a 32GB in my cart but couldn't checkout so I paid through googlecheckout and have already received my tracking #.
    Right now the TigerDirect alliance (CompUSA/CirCity) are all showing the standard pricing model: $399/499 with units only available in stores.

That said. They are reporting models are in stores. I'd take that for what it's worth, and watch for their price to come down. It's likely they bumped that price back up to prevent their entire business from getting DDOSed by a lossleader...

I'd imagine they're still gonna take HP up on their $99 offer, at some point, until they're out of stock.

HP TouchPad FB454UT Tablet - WebOS 3.0, Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual-Core APQ8060 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 16GB Internal Storage, 9.7 XGA Capacitive Touch, 802.11 a/b/g/n at TigerDirect.com

Looks like tiger, comp and circuit city are all the same website just different names. I had no idea there were any stores still open, I thought they had closed them all. Cc told me that none would be sold.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast