Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Didn't they release a new TouchPad on Thursday?
    I think they "soft launched" the white model the night before killing the entire thing.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone finds out they secretly started selling the 7 inch TouchPad in Portugal.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I ordered one off B&N this morning -- is it true I won't be able to pair my BT headphone to the Touchpad ???

that would be an insane "feature"
    All I can say is my memory from playing with the demo is that there were more options for BT pairing than just to pair with a webOS device. All I had on my at the time, however, was my Pre, so I couldn't actually test it.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I think they "soft launched" the white model the night before killing the entire thing.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone finds out they secretly started selling the 7 inch TouchPad in Portugal.
    That would be par for the course.
    I ordered one off B&N this morning -- is it true I won't be able to pair my BT headphone to the Touchpad ???

BT headphones should not be a problem. I don't have any, but several members have reported pairing several different brands.
  5.    #25  

I am sure it will pair with headsets without a problem.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Didn't they release a new TouchPad on Thursday?
    Believe or not, the white Touchpad is now on the UK site as "coming soon". So they are launching it after killing it.
    HenryAlan likes this.
    as for the bluetooth pairing ...bluetooth will pair w/ any other bluetooth device, if you are referring to the feature of receiving calls that rang to your phone and can be answered on the touchpad, that is a webOS feature thus requiring you to have a webOS phone(would like saying y didnt motorola let me use their docks w/ my phone)

as for the printing aspect...you should be able to print to any wifi enabled printer thats actually setup for wifi and not just HP printers.

as stated before...research the product you are interested in to know what you are purchasing and dont be disappointed by the cons, you may wish it the phone call feature worked w/ all phones but dont be po'd that it doesnt knowing full well that wasnt capability of the device when you bought it.
    ariker01 likes this.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Believe or not, the white Touchpad is now on the UK site as "coming soon". So they are launching it after killing it.
    Nothing they do is surprising anymore.
    reggieb likes this.
    Well... If do you want to sell, PM! Serious.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    as for the printing aspect...you should be able to print to any wifi enabled printer thats actually setup for wifi and not just HP printers.
    Nope, you can't. It actively prevents connecting to a non-HP network printer, whether Wifi or wired.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    as for the bluetooth pairing ...bluetooth will pair w/ any other bluetooth device, if you are referring to the feature of receiving calls that rang to your phone and can be answered on the touchpad, that is a webOS feature thus requiring you to have a webOS phone(would like saying y didnt motorola let me use their docks w/ my phone)

as stated before...research the product you are interested in to know what you are purchasing and dont be disappointed by the cons, you may wish it the phone call feature worked w/ all phones but dont be po'd that it doesnt knowing full well that wasnt capability of the device when you bought it.

Nope. My Epson runs on WiFi and the touchpad tells me printer not supported. I tried to pair my Motorola to transfer files, pictures or whatever and no go. Doesn't even see my Atrix.

I also searched this problem on google and came up with several people running into the same wall.
    Well that blows, and as much as I read this forum, you think I would have known that. Darn it.

(Still, I am not disappointed at all, for the price.)

What printing options are there for the TP if one doesn't use an HP printer? I bought the TP for MrFinngirl and while I have a non wireless HP for me, his is a wireless Lexmark.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

I don't recall having any issues pairing my BT headphones with the TP. I've also heard plenty of reports of people pairing their non-webOS phones, cars, etc.,.
    The Touchpad has a number of limitations and/or absent apps that need fixing (and in all likelihood will never get fixed). Nevetheless, I was still happy with it at the previous price point. For all that it can do, however, its an unbelievable deal for $160, and am not sure why anyone who bought it at that price would complain. Heck, the wifi Kindle costs $139 and it only allows one to read books. Be thankful you were able to get hold of one.
    All for One and One for All!
    angiest likes this.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

My Motorola Rokr EQ7 works just fine with my TouchPad streaming Pandora, Amazon Cloud Player, Youtube, etc. Don't fret.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    The Touchpad has a number of limitations and/or absent apps that need fixing (and in all likelihood will never get fixed). Nevetheless, I was still happy with it at the previous price point. For all that it can do, however, its an unbelievable deal for $160, and am not sure why anyone who bought it at that price would complain. Heck, the wifi Kindle costs $139 and it only allows one to read books. Be thankful you were able to get hold of one.

I actually got a hold of two. Like I said before, I am extremely happy with the quality of the TP. The fit, finish and solidness of this piece are incredible. I just think its ridiculous when companies restrict the full use of devices. All companies are guilty of it, but limiting printers you can connect to is going a little far IMO.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts

No, it's not true. I have successfully paired to a Jabra BT headset.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DegreesLower View Post
    I actually got a hold of two. Like I said before, I am extremely happy with the quality of the TP. The fit, finish and solidness of this piece are incredible. I just think its ridiculous when companies restrict the full use of devices. All companies are guilty of it, but limiting printers you can connect to is going a little far IMO.
    Funny how so many people were complaining of it feeling cheap, and "plasticky". Glad you like it. Hope I get a retro kick back on the price, and find another one. Impossible today to get through anywhere for me.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Nope. My Epson runs on WiFi and the touchpad tells me printer not supported. I tried to pair my Motorola to transfer files, pictures or whatever and no go. Doesn't even see my Atrix.

I also searched this problem on google and came up with several people running into the same wall.
    Thanks to Apple and his bad example to market!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Funny how so many people were complaining of it feeling cheap, and "plasticky". Glad you like it. Hope I get a retro kick back on the price, and find another one. Impossible today to get through anywhere for me.
    What about the fingerprints on the back? Oh, the Nexus S picks up those as well.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast