1.    #1  
    I have a new $99 HP Touchpad and would love to be able to print from it to my Canon MP560 wireless printer. Is there a way to do that or will I be forced to buy an HP printer?
    I've been trying this with a Brother printer, but it gives me an error every time I put in the settings.
    It filters out non-HP printers. A couple of us tried to work around it but no progress was made. There's a thread 'Printing on the Touchpad' with more info.
    not currently possible. Hopefully the home brew community will create a method for printing to and printer that has an HP compatible mode (most do).
    I have a brand new Epson Workforce 840 that's still in it's sealed box. I would like to know the answer to this as well. I'm hoping there's a way to print through a wireless network. Anybody?
    only possible with certain HP printers. Sorry.
    Hopefully, with HP getting out of the webOS device business, they will relent on the non-HP device compatibility restraints. They have little or no reason now to restrict the phones that can pair with the Touchpad, and although they have a reason to protect their Printer empire, removing this restriction would make webOS more appealing to potential buyers or licensees. I would imagine that they already can do this, and had to write code to restrict the compatibility to HP devices. One of the best ways HP can show us that they are serious about supporting webOS moving forward would be to lift those restrictions in an OTA update in the near future.
  8.    #8  
    The way it looks Stevenc56, I wouldn't open your new Epson printer at this point. It looks like this is going to have to be done with a hack since, #1) HP doesn't have a lot of incentive any more to make the OS any more usuable. #2) HP is probably going to sell a lot of new HP printers that are currently compatible with all the thousands of new Touchpads they have and will sell sell over the next week or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by theclares View Post
    Hopefully, with HP getting out of the webOS device business, they will relent on the non-HP device compatibility restraints. They have little or no reason now to restrict the phones that can pair with the Touchpad, and although they have a reason to protect their Printer empire, removing this restriction would make webOS more appealing to potential buyers or licensees. I would imagine that they already can do this, and had to write code to restrict the compatibility to HP devices. One of the best ways HP can show us that they are serious about supporting webOS moving forward would be to lift those restrictions in an OTA update in the near future.
    Honestly, there was little reason to restrict printers to HP only in the first place.

I doubt we'll see any official change to that but hopefully someone will figure out how to make it work.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Here's the other thread with lengthy conversation and good information:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

Unless somebody is able to provide something via Preware, I'm not sure we'll ever see this functionality. It's frustrating that HP locked out any other printers but their newest ones.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ya- I mean even their printers aren't fully supported. I get you can have it all supported at launch, but it seems only printers inn the last 2 years are even covered! My 3300 is supported, but I have a fabuulous HP color laser that's roughly 4-5 years old & no go & I'd prefer to use that as my primary!.. Still love webos & hope for cont. Improvvements!
    printer on the network . I will email them to see if they have plans for the tp.
    Here is a solution that works great as long as you have a PC on therr same network as your printer: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3224306
    Quote Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
    ya- I mean even their printers aren't fully supported. I get you can have it all supported at launch, but it seems only printers inn the last 2 years are even covered! My 3300 is supported, but I have a fabuulous HP color laser that's roughly 4-5 years old & no go & I'd prefer to use that as my primary!.. Still love webos & hope for cont. Improvvements!
    Actually, HP supports a wide range or HP printers to print on the TouchPad as long as it meets a couple qualifications.

The webOS print solution supports all network-capable HP printers that support PCL page description language in the local area network (LAN). These printers include new HP ePrint-capable printers—Photosmart, Officejet, and LaserJet—as well as legacy printers approximately 5 years old or newer.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts