• 2 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By simseysyd
  • 1 Post By trowany
  • 1 Post By arcticrobot
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By sepherous
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
  1.    #1  
    I want everyone that has gone through it with Palm/HP and the WebOS saga to be able to get one if they wanted one before. I think it is sad there are so many wanting this for Android flashing and not to simply use the device. Or that there are people that just bought it without knowing anything about WebOS first. Some (like me) that want one to use WebOS further. But that is how it is sometimes with a good thing. I plan not to miss out so I am determined to get one this week. Good luck to everyone still looking!!!
    This will be my first introduction to WebOS. From what I hear, it's great.

I guess that makes me a "people that just bought it without knowing anything about WebOS first". Somehow, I don't think that that's a bad thing.

This is a chance for me to be exposed to something which I had never even considered before. Was I lured by the $100 price tag? Damn straight. I'm a full time student and couldn't even think of getting a high-priced tablet until now.

Will I use Ubuntu or Android on it? I have no idea. THAT is up to WebOS and how it treats me. If it treats me right, then I'm a convert. If not, then I have options.

Still, I can appreciate the sense of community surrounding those of you who've been there from the beginning. Just don't forget that some of us newbies might have something to add in time, too.
    Rockbeast and trowany like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    This will be my first introduction to WebOS. From what I hear, it's great.

I guess that makes me a "people that just bought it without knowing anything about WebOS first". Somehow, I don't think that that's a bad thing.

This is a chance for me to be exposed to something which I had never even considered before. ....
    Still, I can appreciate the sense of community surrounding those of you who've been there from the beginning. Just don't forget that some of us newbies might have something to add in time, too.
    Not a bad thing at all...a bit of a new-ish thing though, as many who have found their way here have done so admiring webOS from afar. Still, there are many who 'unwittingly' garnered a webOS phone and came along for the ride, but never so many at once as we have now. It will be fun in here as we all try to be the community we ought to be to move us onward and upward. We all have a part in helping and protecting what we have here.

What was it Commissioner Gordon said at the end of the Dark Knight? "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. "

What does that have to do with our community? I don't know, I just thought it sounded good...and I saw the end of that movie last night...so...

Welcome! (oops, hope I didn't scare you!)
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

MercuryCrest and trowany like this.
    This would be a much better way to "make it right" sell the remaining touchpads you get back in stock, HP, to the Pre/Pixi early adapters. Take a look at the date a Palm profile was registered and send out an email!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    This would be a much better way to "make it right" sell the remaining touchpads you get back in stock, HP, to the Pre/Pixi early adapters. Take a look at the date a Palm profile was registered and send out an email!
    As much as I wish they would have done this, it is kind of nice that there are some new webOS users.
    Last edited by simseysyd; 08/23/2011 at 08:16 AM.
    trowany likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Being new WebOS is fine. I guess what I fear in this is that the percentage of people with buyer's remorse will be high because we are dealing with a company that is not trying to make customers happy in the long run. Since you are new you may not understand the heartache that has surrounded this whole thing since the beginning (picture Lucy, Charlie Brown, and a football). That could be a good thing, however history and even current events surrounding this show this company isn't very responsive. Just mention "Make it right" in a few thread responses and you will see. I just would like to see more people that have been exposed to it, have it on their phones and were going to get one be able to.

Bring on the newbies too because you do have something to say. Especially to the fact you didn't notice it as an option before, but was willing to spend your money on it now. A smart company would seek out users like you (maybe there will be some threads/stories about this) to get your fresh perspective.
    MercuryCrest likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Not a bad thing at all...a bit of a new-ish thing though, as many who have found their way here have done so admiring webOS from afar. Still, there are many who 'unwittingly' garnered a webOS phone and came along for the ride, but never so many at once as we have now. It will be fun in here as we all try to be the community we ought to be to move us onward and upward. We all have a part in helping and protecting what we have here.

What was it Commissioner Gordon said at the end of the Dark Knight? "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. "

What does that have to do with our community? I don't know, I just thought it sounded good...and I saw the end of that movie last night...so...

Welcome! (oops, hope I didn't scare you!)
    Saying you watched it on your TouchPad would have wrapped it up nicely...
    I really wanted to get one of those Touchpads and still searching for one. It will compliment my Maemo-linux powered Nokia N900 rather nicely. Coming from(and not going away) from Maemo community I know, that as long as there are people who care and contribute, platform will not be dead. Consumers(in a bad manner of speaking) will hunt for the "hottest" and "greatest" offer on the market like ipad/iphone/android. Supporters will stand by their powerful maemo, webos and meego(upcoming) devices and contribute to the communities with whatever they can.
    I'm also surprised that, according to all touchpad discussions over the internet, so many people want to run android on the thing.
    trowany likes this.
  9.    #9  
    I'm suprised too there are so many discussions about Android/Ubantu with this. Plus there was a story on cnet.com and a few other places about it. I think its just a "because I can" type of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trowany View Post
    Saying you watched it on your TouchPad would have wrapped it up nicely...
    Sniff...sadly, I haven't yet obtained that level of webOS nirvana. But I have picked the blue flower and reached the snowline...hoping to reach the mountain top 'any day now' once HP's warehouses open their shipping doors...fingers crossed.

Once I reach it (get my TouchPad), I suppose I will have to try and watch the movie first!

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

trowany likes this.
    I'm suprised too there are so many discussions about Android/Ubantu with this. Plus there was a story on cnet.com and a few other places about it. I think its just a "because I can" type of thing.
    IF webOS really dies, like really dies, i'd run android on mine or actually a friend of mine last night mentioned waiting till next year and eventually running the win8 tablet version of the os, something about the hardware being able to do it, i can't really recall anyway my point is, i'll keep on truckin until only webOS internals and i are left hahaha
    trowany likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    IF webOS really dies, like really dies, i'd run android on mine or actually a friend of mine last night mentioned waiting till next year and eventually running the win8 tablet version of the os, something about the hardware being able to do it, i can't really recall anyway my point is, i'll keep on truckin until only webOS internals and i are left hahaha
    Yeah that's understandable if it truely dies out. Then you are breathing new life into it. Seems some are writing it off completely. It's only on life support now and the HP doctors are checking in on it since it's pulse jumped with the firesale.
    Yeah that's understandable if it truely dies out. Then you are breathing new life into it. Seems some are writing it off completely. It's only on life support now and the HP doctors are checking in on it since it's pulse jumped with the firesale.
    Is it like when Neo reached inside Trinity and massaged her heart to get it going again? Whoa...I've got to come up with something more than movie references...I mean...All this, is not who I really am...I am more...

trowany likes this.