Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When the news came down about HP, I went straight to Staples to get the price match. Unfortunately, at the time I was on day 16. My only option was to return for a full refund, but I didn't have the box anymore. So that wasn't an option either. I just got off the phone with Staples, president's office and was told that an email just came down that will allow price matching of the Touchpad beyond the 14 day window starting tomorrow, Tue 8/23. Hopefully their won't be any more problems for those of us trying to cover ourselves with Staples.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjoker View Post
    When the news came down about HP, I went straight to Staples to get the price match. Unfortunately, at the time I was on day 16. My only option was to return for a full refund, but I didn't have the box anymore. So that wasn't an option either. I just got off the phone with Staples, president's office and was told that an email just came down that will allow price matching of the Touchpad beyond the 14 day window starting tomorrow, Tue 8/23. Hopefully their won't be any more problems for those of us trying to cover ourselves with Staples.
    Finally some good news! It wasn't making any sense, they were one of the last big retailers without a special promotion about the Touchpad. I will call my Staples tomorrow and make sure they give me a price match
    good to know, I was thinking about calling them about matching the price but I didnt care enough. might as well do it now and use the money I saved to buy another TouchPad!
    Thank you for the good news! I was so frustrated about this. As a college student this money back will be so nice!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Bought my TouchPad more than 14 days ago. Went to the Staples store and they said they couldn't help me. After reading this, I called the Staples store; they said they haven't heard anything nor received any email. Called the 800 number. The first thing that came on was a recording about the TouchPad. They are out of stock on 16GB and 32GB, won't take backorders, and will price match only if you purchased within the last 14 days.

Talked to a representative. She said as far as she knew, the policy was unlikely to change (but admitted that she couldn't speculate). On hold for corporate, don't think they will answer before they close for the night. Representative said corporates call queue was busy, likely with calls about this issue.

**Update** 5:15pm
    Just spoke with somone at Staples corporate. She said that the store, customer service, and apparently their recording system did not get the update yet, but that starting tomorrow, they will price-match for those who purchased after July 1, including those who bought longer than 14 days ago. She said this has been the "topic of the day," and that she had many, many calls about it. Kind of a relief - I was beginning to think that I should purchase expensive technology products anywhere but Staples...
    Last edited by DCFlyer; 08/22/2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Bought my TouchPad more than 14 days ago. Went to the Staples store and they said they couldn't help me. After reading this, I called the Staples store; they said they haven't heard anything nor received any email. Called the 800 number. The first thing that came on was a recording about the TouchPad. They are out of stock on 16GB and 32GB, won't take backorders, and will price match only if you purchased within the last 14 days.

Talked to a representative. She said as far ash she knew, the policy was unlikely to change (but admitted that she couldn't speculate). On hold for corporate, don't think they will answer before they close for the night. Representative said corporates call queue was busy, likely with calls about this issue.
    Let's hope for the best, but it's still not looking very promising to me...
    i got lucky was only 1 day over the 14 days but what i did i called my staples and spoke to the manager and he talked to corprate and they said price match
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjoker View Post
    I hope that Amazon does the same thing soon.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I called Staple's "President's Office" a few minutes ago, and can confirm everything the OP has stated. I came here to Precentral to share the good news when I found this thread.

Staple's is doing the right thing.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Glad it's working out for some people. Took my TP to Staples on Sat to hopefully get a price match and they wouldn't. Only thing they would do was a return, which I did. Oh how I regret that now It was nice to get my refund but for $149 I would have kept my TP. I was trying to convince them but they wouldn't. Oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Glad it's working out for some people. Took my TP to Staples on Sat to hopefully get a price match and they wouldn't. Only thing they would do was a return, which I did. Oh how I regret that now It was nice to get my refund but for $149 I would have kept my TP. I was trying to convince them but they wouldn't. Oh well
    I did get the price match on Saturday, and the new prices were already in their system. I'm suspecting that some local managers just didn't want to join in HP's reindeer games. By the way, I was born and raised in Palm Beach County and went to Cardinal Newman High!
    Anyone have any luck with this? I called Staples this morning and the customer service person said that they were not doing any sort of price matching on the touchpad.
    I got the price match today. Customer service told that I have to go to the store and talk to the manager. The manager at the store talked to the corporate and accepted for the price match. I never wanted to return my touchpad. But when I heard that staples started giving price match, I wanted to get it. I am totally happy.
    I called my local store and the manager there said that the memo that went out was somewhat vague about what to do. He is calling his district manager to confirm the action that he can take and will give me a ring back. It would be even more awesome if they could credit it back over the phone!
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I just talked to the Sales Mgr at my store and he was OK with my 8/5 purchase date but to be sure he looked for a newer notice and found the OK that went out to them today to adjust regardless of purchase date so to come on down! I was so happy I didn't even ask if I could do it over the phone hahaha

SO happy to be a loyal fan and pay the same price as thousands of people who didn't know what it was last week!!

Cheers and good luck to everyone else! Clarice
    Update -

The store called back and said the morning's memo only addressed returns/pricematches for the first 14 days. Then 2 minutes later, they called back and said they just got a memo clearing them to price match everyone. They also seem to be using it as an upsell point to sell "discounted" extended warranties. I'm headed over after a few conference calls to claim my cash :-)
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Just returned from Staples with the cheerfully-refunded difference on my card. Purchased the TouchPad 7/13.
    just got off the phone with my local staples they said they couldn't do it. any suggestions on where to point them to memo name or number anything? I am leaving for a trip and want to get this taken care of before I leave.

Edit: just called customer support and the corrected the price to match 99.99. Awesome.
    Last edited by elpollodiablo1; 08/23/2011 at 09:00 PM.
    Just did the price-match through Staples.com customer service chat. They cheerfully gave me a refund for $431 for my launch-day Touchpad. Thanks to everyone for the tip!
  20. c4r
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jingoro View Post
    Just did the price-match through Staples.com customer service chat. They cheerfully gave me a refund for $431 for my launch-day Touchpad. Thanks to everyone for the tip!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast