Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok, so I called my staples yest and they said they would refund my difference, I also told them I used the coupon for to get it for 299. Today I went to the store and they were like oh ur the 1 that used the coupon. I said yes and then they told me that the coupon was "no good" when I used it. At that point I said it was good and it was all over the internet where people had used them and pretty much sold out staples across the country. Then the girl proceeded to tell me that she would not give me a refund. I said to her if it was a fraud coupon then why did ur computer system accept it. She informed me that I would have to talk to the general manager later today. I said fine what is his name and she told me and as I was leaving she says he "knows" bout you he has a "file" on it. Now I am really really ****ed off because she makes it seems as if I had stolen the dam thing and they were watching out for me! I'm thinking you clowns made a mistake by putting out a coupon on the internet and that its ur fault not mine so don't make it as if I had done something wrong! At this point I want to persue this cause of their attitude towards me! Any thoughts from you guys?
    just call staples customer service, they didnt ask any questions and know I used the coupon to get 299 price when I bought mine. gave me refund to match the 99 price. I even had a conversation with the guy about him wanting a TP and he tried ordering it at like 4 different places but all were sold out. kind of funny but we had a good conversation. That is much easier and less stressful then dealing with the store. the store said they could not do a refund for me either so I called them.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    thanks 4 the reply! that's great but I paid cash at the store! And also what phone # you use?
  4.    #24  
    Went to staples yesterday and had no problem getting a price match. I had bought on 8/5 when they first went on sale with the coupon. They returned it and sold it back to me for $149. I didn't have a box or receipt. They looked it up in the system and took care of it. Pretty frustrating that they were slower to react than some other retailers but at least they are taking care of it in the end. For $149 I'll keep my touchpad.
    oh cash yeah that is a little more difficult but maybe they can contact the store if need be. 1-800-333-3330 the one on their website.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Update- called the 800 # elpollodiablo gave me and explained the situation and they were very nice telling me that I didn't have to go back to the store that they would cut me a check and send it to me in the mail! Very nice people I dealt with! So went today to another staples and they had touchstones and cases in stock and they price matched those to best buy prices! Very happy now! Got the tp, case, and touchstone for a total of a $170! This whole thing is just really crazy! Love the tp though, haven't used my laptop in 3 weeks! Thanks 4 the help everybody!
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    thanks for the updated stories (and happy they worked out) - my sister has the receipt for the one I got her but no time to hit up her Staples (Plus i don't want the $149 chargeback going to HER credit card). I will take care of it for her! Thanks Clarice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12