1.    #1  
    Ok all, I picked up a Touchpad during the firesale for my wife - she currently has a Blackberry 8530 that she LOVES - however, I've been reading up some on the integration between webOS phones and the Touchpad - I have an old Pre Plus lying around that I'm contemplating upgrading to webOS 2 for her to use in conjunction with the Touchpad - has anybody used a Pre Plus upgraded to 2.0 and, if so, how did it go and what benefits can I expect to see? Do all features work with the Touchpad or am I out of luck on some of them even though its running 2.0? Also, does anyone believe this is worth the headache or should I just call it good enough and stick with the Blackberry? I currently use a Bold in conjunction with my Playbook (AWESOME) and am wondering if I'll be getting her the same kinds of benefits by going to the Pre Plus?

THANKS!
    the only benefit you will get on your old Pre is being a le to make and receive phone calls from the touchpad that is paired with the phone.
  3.    #3  
    Dang, was hoping for at least SMS and the like - oh well - one other thing though, that'd I'm thinking regarding the Pre+ ... I would be able to install FreeTether on it and allow her to connect anywhere with the Touchpad, correct? Or would I be able to tether via the blackberry and bluetooth?

THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustmonkey View Post
    Dang, was hoping for at least SMS and the like - oh well - one other thing though, that'd I'm thinking regarding the Pre+ ... I would be able to install FreeTether on it and allow her to connect anywhere with the Touchpad, correct? Or would I be able to tether via the blackberry and bluetooth?

THANKS!
    SMS was supposed to be available with webOS 2.2, not sure if it'll ever see the light of day now. With HP saying they'll continue working on the software side it's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.