Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
  1.    #1  
    Although there are similar threads, haven't seen the specifics below posted. Talks of returns, but with a little persistence with customer service (866 216-1072), received $400 credit for my preorder. Good for Amazon!

HP TouchPad Customer Returns and Exchanges
    Purchases from Amazon.com
    Amazon.com is extending the return/exchange policy for the HP TouchPad and accepting returns for units purchased on or after June 19, 2011, excluding HP TouchPad 16GB sold at $99.99 or HP TouchPad 32GB sold at $149.99. Please contact customer service for more details.

HP TouchPad 16GB sold at $99.99 or HP TouchPad 32GB sold at $149.99 are considered final sales and Amazon.com will not accept returns on these units.

Purchases from Other Sellers on the Amazon.com Website
    Please contact the individual sellers for information about their return/exchange policies on the HP TouchPad.
    ElizaRenn likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    Although there are similar threads, haven't seen the specifics below posted. Talks of returns, but with a little persistence with customer service (866 216-1072), received $400 credit for my preorder. Good for Amazon!

Amazon.com is extending the return/exchange policy for the HP TouchPad and accepting returns for units purchased on or after June 19, 2011, excluding HP TouchPad 16GB sold at $99.99 or HP TouchPad 32GB sold at $149.99. Please contact customer service for more details.

HP TouchPad 16GB sold at $99.99 or HP TouchPad 32GB sold at $149.99 are considered final sales and Amazon.com will not accept returns on these units.

Please contact the individual sellers for information about their return/exchange policies on the HP TouchPad.
    I'd like to know if anyone else has had success? I just spent 20 minutes listening to an Indian say "I understand you are frustrated, I would be too. We can only accept a return."

I am very very unhappy. I am just shocked that Best Buy is beating Amazon in customer service. It has GOT to cost them more to process a return than to just refund the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I'd like to know if anyone else has had success? I just spent 20 minutes listening to an Indian say "I understand you are frustrated, I would be too. We can only accept a return."

I am very very unhappy. I am just shocked that Best Buy is beating Amazon in customer service. It has GOT to cost them more to process a return than to just refund the money.
    I just had a 45 minute conversation with a supervisor who said they can't do anything about it either. This is getting beyond frustrating. I keep seeing Amazon do it for people, but I've gotten rejected each time. They said they don't know why some are getting it done but others aren't.

Really unhappy with Amazon right now.
    Can those claiming to have received a refund (that preordered through amazon) please PM me with an email address or phone number linked to their account, I spoke with a supervisor who said with that information can help me further, thanks and have a great day.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Now I am REALLY fired up. I just got this email from Amazon customer support. They are making like its just a normal price drop instead of a firesale. It's insane. I will call a hundred times if I have to.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the HP TouchPad
    Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-inch Tablet Computer you recently purchased. Our
    prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on Jul 9, 2011 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post

Would it be possible for you to PM me with your order # from Amazon? I have called several times and chatted with them, and they will not give me the refund. I told them other people have got it, and they asked me for the order #. If you would be willing to do that, I would be very grateful. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    Would it be possible for you to PM me with your order # from Amazon? I have called several times and chatted with them, and they will not give me the refund. I told them other people have got it, and they asked me for the order #. If you would be willing to do that, I would be very grateful. Thanks
    If Tim sends you his and it works for you, can you send me yours and I'll try that? If I can get it, i'll pay it forward to the next person in line.
    Here is what I don't get. If HP is refunding them the difference, why on earth wouldn't they just process a refund. They may at least still make some money, otherwise the whole thing will definitely be a loss. They are offering us a full refund plus shipping costs paid. So they are taking a hit on shipping costs, taking a hit on processing them when they come in and then having to process them back to HP.

Plus, at what point do all of us whiney people calling 5 times a day hurt their customer service. They guys I talked to seem exhausted from answering these questions. You can hear it in their voice "oh god, not another one."
    It's funny because a large percentage of units sold at $99/$149 were bought by people who have no intention whatsoever of returning them because they're greedy buggers who only bought them in order to flood eBay at 100% profit - which is the only way a lot of people will be able to get any TouchPads because they've all been sold... to the people who are putting them on eBay.

Seriously, I know I sound bitter (although I may turn out to have no reason to be, thanks to one special PreCentral forums member) but if a majority of TouchPads were NOT sold to resellers, the only way to explain how quickly they have sold out everywhere (within four hours here in Germany) is to assume that there were a LOT of people who liked the TouchPad but didn't buy one earlier because they were on the verge, weren't 100% sure on taking the plunge and wanted to wait and see whether the price would drop some more...which it just did - an impossible proposition because I understand that absolutely nobody cared for the TouchPad or had any sort of interest in it. You know, too fat, too heavy, no HDMI and stuff. So if that's true, nobody would've looked back and nobody would even have noticed the price drop, much less noticed it within HOURS of the drop going online.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    It's funny because a large percentage of units sold at $99/$149 were bought by people who have no intention whatsoever of returning them because they're greedy buggers who only bought them in order to flood eBay at 100% profit - which is the only way a lot of people will be able to get any TouchPads because they've all been sold... to the people who are putting them on eBay.

Seriously, I know I sound bitter (although I may turn out to have no reason to be, thanks to one special PreCentral forums member) but if a majority of TouchPads were NOT sold to resellers, the only way to explain how quickly they have sold out everywhere (within four hours here in Germany) is to assume that there were a LOT of people who liked the TouchPad but didn't buy one earlier because they were on the verge, weren't 100% sure on taking the plunge and wanted to wait and see whether the price would drop some more...which it just did - an impossible proposition because I understand that absolutely nobody cared for the TouchPad or had any sort of interest in it. You know, too fat, too heavy, no HDMI and stuff. So if that's true, nobody would've looked back and nobody would even have noticed the price drop, much less noticed it within HOURS of the drop going online.
    lol, $99.

Yes you listed a lot of negatives, but at $99 many people can excuse negatives.
    I've had the same experience. Hopefully someone from HP/Palm can step in here and straighten this out. If not, then hopefully my HPSMB order will actually get filled so I can send one back to Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    lol, $99.

Yes you listed a lot of negatives, but at $99 many people can excuse negatives.
    Sure they can.

But if you believed what people were saying, nobody was even interested in the TouchPad in the first place.

As it is, it seems like a lot of people were keeping an eye on the TouchPad's price - which means that a lot of people WERE interested and merely didn't want to pay the full price for it... which has always been one of webOS' biggest problems: the reciprocal "well I'll see whether anybody else buys it and if they don't I won't either" effect that has historically resulted in the chicken-and-egg "no users, no apps / no apps, no users" paradox.

Now we've got a lot of webOS devices in peoples' hands, which will turn out to be a fantastic thing for the platform going forward -- [b]if OEMs pick it up[/i]. It's all moot if nobody does, because then webOS will, indeed, truly be dead.

But that's a situation I don't even want to think about... having used Android and iOS extensively, I can say with some certainty that I'd hate to be forced to use either privately.
    I suppose I'm like a Mac user - even if my platform of choice is severely lacking in terms of how many programs are available and doesn't have any marketshare to speak of, and regardless of how many people have said that my platform is doomed to die over the course of the years, I like my platform because I consider its UX to be far superior to anything else on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    If Tim sends you his and it works for you, can you send me yours and I'll try that? If I can get it, i'll pay it forward to the next person in line.
    I would like to be kept up to date on this too... thanks!
    I have started tweeting people at HP to try and get support for this @HPSupport @HP_Listens and @BrynaAtHP they may not be able to help but hopefully they can get in contact with someone who can.
    can you give me information on who I should contact on @amazon 's refusal for partial refund on @HP #TouchPad
    sara.ramli likes this.
    I just used the "call me" function on Amazon's website. When they called (immediately), I asked the associate for a price adjustment down to the current price. I didn't say what that price was, because the website is currently showing a price of $337 for the 32G. The associate stated that I "qualify" for the "adjustment" and transferred me to another department that would credit me the amount. She didn't say how much. I was sure I'd get the boot from the receiving deparment, but sure enough, they credited my account back to the $149 price! Thanks Amazon!

I recommend that if you call and don't get the answer you're looking for, keep calling..
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    I just used the "call me" function on Amazon's website. When they called (immediately), I asked the associate for a price adjustment down to the current price. I didn't say what that price was, because the website is currently showing a price of $337 for the 32G. The associate stated that I "qualify" for the "adjustment" and transferred me to another department that would credit me the amount. She didn't say how much. I was sure I'd get the boot from the receiving deparment, but sure enough, they credited my account back to the $149 price! Thanks Amazon!

I recommend that if you call and don't get the answer you're looking for, keep calling..
    When did you purchase yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post

I have called 10 different times, and been on chat about the same, did you purchase before 8/12 and if so can you PM me your email or order number for proof with amazon.
    June 20th
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I have started tweeting people at HP to try and get support for this @HPSupport @HP_Listens and @BrynaAtHP they may not be able to help but hopefully they can get in contact with someone who can.
    I also just tweeted something similar.
    sara.ramli likes this.
  20.    #20  
    Obviously different folks are getting different results. After Customer Service rep checked with supervisor, I was first offered the opportunity to return everything, which could work, but more work involved for all. Rep was very apologetic, saying that was best he could do. I persisted (very politely), and he said he would check one more time with a supervisor. Came back and said he could do it. Took about 20 minutes on the phone.

My order # is 103-2950109-7531437.

Good luck all
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast