Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Want to thank EVERYONE in this thread who encouraged persistance with amazon.com. I ordered my TouchPad July 30th. Called repeatedly and was told about the August 12th cutoff date. Then called back and explained to them about all the exceptions I saw, including order numbers. I asked them if amazon.com could at least explain why they were making exceptions for some and not for others. Still got nowhere. I chatted with a guy for almost an hour, becoming so angry that by the end, all I asked for was for him to tell me that amazon made exceptions to their written policy (he would never admit it).

I kept coming back to precentral.net and reading success stories. Yesterday I read more encouraging stories and called again. The woman I spoke to said yes, there had been exceptions, but the cutoff date for exceptions was Wednesday (which happened to be the date I chatted for almost an hour). It was a bs story. Again, I came back to precentral.net for more encouragement. Minutes after my phone call, I decided to chat with amazon yet again, expecting yet another drawn out, futile conversation. Here's the transcript:

Me:Hello. I'm wondering about the price difference HP has given their customers for the TouchPad.6:40:43 PM
    Raghav :Hello, my name is Raghav. I'll be happy to help you.6:41:08 PM
    Me:I hope you are well today6:41:16 PM
    Raghav :May I know the order number.6:41:55 PM
    Me: I am really hoping you can work with me on my TouchPad issue. My order #105-8379396-1183442 6:42:36 PM
    Raghav :Thank you.6:43:51 PM
    Raghav :Its OK.I will issue a refund for $398.6:45:14 PM
    Me:You are my favorite person in the world. You just made me cry.6:45:31 PM
    Me:I'm serious. I am crying.6:45:43 PM
    Raghav :Thank you.6:47:02 PM
    Me:What do I need to do?6:47:25 PM
    Raghav :You will receive a refund with 2-3 business days.6:48:02 PM
    Raghav :I will also send an email confirmation with in 15 minutes.6:48:25 PM
    Me:Thank you so so so much. I truly appreciate your help. I will now place a big amazon.com order. I'm serious, too.6:48:56 PM
    Raghav :YOu are welcome.6:51:06 PM
    Raghav :Is there anything else I can do for you today? 6:51:19 PM
    Me:No. I will not bother amazon.com again. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. 6:51:42 PM
    Me:Thank you!!!6:51:52 PM
    Raghav :Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon.6:52:29 PM

THANK YOU EVERYONE! KEEP TRYING!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    No luck with the order #'s for me.. I emailed and they said "Im not able to speak to the reasons others received a refund in this case..." They went on to say they dont do price matching for orders already shipped.. DUGH! didnt even mention the Aug 12th date. This person OBVIOUSLY donst have the right info.. OMG! Im gonna rip my hair out!!!!

Keep trying. I called / chatted countless times, sometimes more than once a day. I think you will wear them down eventually. My refund was granted yesterday (August 26) and I purchased July 30th.
    Quote Originally Posted by eallan View Post
    Welp. That was easy. On my 3092480932855th chat. I verified myself.

"I will issue a refund right now"

I said "You are the man"

Seems like HP and amazon spoke.

I'm so happy I don't have to return it.
    Your message was the one that sparked me to try ONE MORE TIME yesterday (after my gazillionth time contacting amazon). I went through chat, using your model. Instant success. Thank you so much for the encouragement.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaRenn View Post
    Your message was the one that sparked me to try ONE MORE TIME yesterday (after my gazillionth time contacting amazon). I went through chat, using your model. Instant success. Thank you so much for the encouragement.
    Good! It took 2 or 3 days to get the refund email as well. Be patient.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    NOTE: not sure yet if the email address I used is actually real or monitored as I obtained it from a blog post from a couple years ago.

I have been patiently waiting since last week for Amazon.com to change their policy to match the HP Price Directive (Jean-Luc?)

However, after reading the latest posts here, I have finally found the end of my willingness to wait for Amazon.com to take corrective action. Below is the email (modified version of hrminer92's email) I submitted to Amazon just now.

HP has instructed its retail partners to refund ALL TouchPad owners the difference between the actual purchase prices of $99 for a 16G Touchpad or $149 for a 32G Touchpad.

Source: BREAKING: HP Crediting Fire-Sale Difference to Current TouchPad Owners | Featured, News |webOSroundup

The HP directed price adjustment is being done by Staples, Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, WalMart, as well as other retailers. However, one major retailer that is NOT following the HP price directive is Amazon, who has decided to implement an arbitrary policy of only refunding those amounts if the customer purchased a Touchpad since August 12th. Or, if the order was before August 12, the HP TouchPad can be returned for a FULL refund. This makes exactly ZERO business sense to issue a 100% refund plus the return shipping costs and handling costs at Amazon's warehouse, instead of the requested refund without additional costs.

Not only is this illogical and arbitrary policy against the wishes of the manufacturer, it is not being followed consistently by Amazon. Some people are getting the "fire sale refund", while others are getting denied. If the policy is not being enforced equally for all customers, it should not be enforced at all.

Source: Amazon HP TouchPad Return Policy

I know the following orders received refunds:

Order #103-2950109-7531437,
    Order Date, June 2011

Order #105-4908135-6326645
    Order Date: June 23 2011

Order #105-4594142-6427442
    Order Date : June 22, 2011

Order #103-9329304-5883454
    Order Date: June 20, 2011

Order #102-3804800-3653018

Order #102-4708905-5469053
    Order Date: July 12, 2011

Order #105-7284653-0090621
    Order Date: June 19, 2011

Order #105-9434674-5829862

Order #102-9079450-4173052

All of those people purchased their Touchpads prior to Aug 12 and are getting the refund that HP instructed the retailers to provide to their customers. We are not trying to scam Amazon, just get the refund that HP says is rightfully ours. The Aug 12 policy is inconsistent with HP's instructions to retailers and is not being uniformly applied. For a company that prides itself on "Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company", this policy is jeopardizing the relationships between it and many long time Amazon customers, myself included.

I respectfully request the $450 refund that HP has directed retailers to honor. Please step up to the plate and change your policy!

My details:
    Order #104-6350956-1483448
    Order Date: June 27, 2011

Sincerely,
    Chris
    I had been considering just sending it back for the full refund.

However, I feel it's just wrong to not honor the HP Price Directive consistently with all customers, let alone following all(?) other major retailers.

So, as a matter of principal, let's keep sending emails to Amazon.com to hopefully "make things right" (LOL, sorry. It had to be done!)
    I see pandas.
    Did anyone buy from an independant reseller on Amazon.

I paid 220 ($360) on 25/8 for a 16GB

I am very happy with the device but I was unaware of the promotion at the time (just came back from holiday)

The reseller on amazon has refused a complete and partial-refund.

I don't know what to do now.

If someone can help me it would be appreciated. I live in the UK btw

Thank you
    Well, I'm sitting here typing this on my HP Touchpad I bought from Amazon on June 19th and received on July 1st. I refused to send it back because I wanted it at $600 as much as I wanted it at $150.

I just got off the phone with Nikki with Amazon after 4 phone calls, 3 online chats, and 3 emails (2 completely ignored with no response at all) and I now have a refund confirmation email. I didn't even need to mention the other orders that people here have shared. Seems to be all about getting the right person.

KEEP AT IT GUYS....I'm just like so many others, thanks for the encouragement to keep trying. Hope it shows up on my Credit Card soon.

My purchase information is below for use to help others:
    Order Placed: June 19, 2011
    Amazon.com order number: 104-7592990-9880232
    Success story here. I have been reading the thread for a few days, and finally decided to chat. The conversation was very short and went something like this:

Me: I would like to get a price match on order ###
    Rep: Sorry we cannot, your order was before Aug 12th
    Me: That is disappointing, I know of someone who got a price match and they ordered before that date (I have the order number), why does this not apply to me?
    Rep: Can you give me the order number?
    Me: sure it is ### (I gave them the order number posted by gregm)
    Rep: Hold on for a minute.
    Rep: We will grant you a $300 rebate as a one-time exception
    Me: Thank you so much

The money just came through, here are my details:
    Order date: Aug 8th
    My order number: 103-0603907-1563430
    Date of chat: Aug 25th
    Amazon is still F'ing me, I just spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with 3 people. I am not returning my TP unless I can buy another one! And I will no longer do biz with Amazon, along with completely blasting them to every person I can, I hope their stance on this hurts them.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Just so everyone knows this has ALWAYS been Amazons policy.
    It should not come to anyone's surprise that they are following it now.

There are hundreds of TPs on ebay at any given time. People can easily return one to Amazon and get another at a discount although time may be running out. Being stubborn and demanding fire sale pricing may not be the best solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    Just so everyone knows this has ALWAYS been Amazons policy.
    It should not come to anyone's surprise that they are following it now.

There are hundreds of TPs on ebay at any given time. People can easily return one to Amazon and get another at a discount although time may be running out. Being stubborn and demanding fire sale pricing may not be the best solution.
    first let me welcome you to the forum, but the fact that Amazon has always had this policy isn't the problem, it IS the fact that they arbitrarily chose to set a date of Aug. 12 as the cut off. And then have many time disregarded the "policy" (Aug. 12) for quit a few people, we want consistency! ie money back for all. It is my belief that HP will refund the diff. For all sales, BB would never go out on a limb if they weren't getting the money from HP.

Amazon =
    I think those that never get any money back should take the return label they offer and put a note in the box saying this is the last penny you get from me, and tape a penny to the paper. Nothing else in the box!

Amazon =
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Sure they can.

But if you believed what people were saying, nobody was even interested in the TouchPad in the first place.

As it is, it seems like a lot of people were keeping an eye on the TouchPad's price - which means that a lot of people WERE interested and merely didn't want to pay the full price for it... which has always been one of webOS' biggest problems: the reciprocal "well I'll see whether anybody else buys it and if they don't I won't either" effect that has historically resulted in the chicken-and-egg "no users, no apps / no apps, no users" paradox.

Now we've got a lot of webOS devices in peoples' hands, which will turn out to be a fantastic thing for the platform going forward -- [b]if OEMs pick it up[/i]. It's all moot if nobody does, because then webOS will, indeed, truly be dead.

But that's a situation I don't even want to think about... having used Android and iOS extensively, I can say with some certainty that I'd hate to be forced to use either privately.
    I suppose I'm like a Mac user - even if my platform of choice is severely lacking in terms of how many programs are available and doesn't have any marketshare to speak of, and regardless of how many people have said that my platform is doomed to die over the course of the years, I like my platform because I consider its UX to be far superior to anything else on the market.
    I was quite interested in tablets when they first came out but I was not going to pay the big price tag when I can get a great laptop at the same price! I wasn't even keeping an eye on tablet prices or what was going on with them. It was just a fluke of luck that my fiance stumbled upon a post on one of his deal sites mentioning the price drop and that is when we started looking at it.

For all of you having problems with Amazon, first let me say what a headache and I feel for you all, but has ANYONE (I will admit now I haven't read the entire thread- got to page 5 and was too annoyed with Amazon to continue I am sorry) tried calling HP and getting a refund through them or talking with anyone at HP about what Amazon is doing?

I am not an attorney or know much about law but what about a lawsuit as it seems plain to me that some people are indeed getting a "price match" refund and with proof of this it would seem to me that Amazon can be sued for playing favorites so to speak. And if something can be gotten from HP stating that they have paid Amazon the difference for all the TouchPads I would think that any judge would look at Amazon and tell them to pay up. I would look into this if anyone has a friend or good acquaintance that is an attorney. Hell, some attorneys will even give you a free consultation meeting.

Just some suggestions for those of you at the end of your ropes to try. I wouldn't just give up. I understand it's annoying and hard work, but did you not work hard for your money in the first place??

Good luck and don't give up!
    OMFG!! I cannot believe this!!
    This Jerk hung up on me!!!!

You are now connected to Bhanu from Amazon.com.
    Me:I would like to get a price match on this order if I can?
    Bhanu:Hello, my name is Bhanu Sri. I'll be happy to look into your question.
    May I have your order number, please?
    Me:Order #102-2713361-5613804
    Bhanu:I'm sorry we'll not be able to refund you the difference.
    Me: That is disappointing
    Bhanu: Do you have any other questions?
    Me:I know of someone who got a price match and they ordered before that date (I have the order number), why does this not apply to me? Cab you explain please?
    Bhanu:I do not know of someone who was able to get price match. I'll not be able to do it.
    Me:Their order number us Order # 105-4594142-6427442
    Bhanu:I'll not be able to price match.
    Me:why did you do it for my friend and not me?
    you I mean amazon
    Bhanu:I do not know of someone who was able to get price match.
    I'll not be able to do it.
    Do you have any other questions?
    Me:did you check the second order number?
    Bhanu:Yes.
    Me:It shows the refund was processed
    Bhanu:I cannot honor you.
    Me:you did not tell me why?
    Me:you do now.. its on the order number I gave you
    Bhanu:I cannot honor you that price.
    Me:why can I not get a price match the same
    why
    Me:you did not explain
    Me:can you check
    Bhanu:I already check it.
    *checked
    I cannot honor you that price.
    Me:then why?
    Me: please tell me why Amazon is doing price match for some an not others
    Me:you said that, but you did not tell me why you cannot do mine. I cannot honor is not a reason Bhanu
    Bhanu:Unless there is a different issue I can help you with, I will be ending this chat.
    I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.
    Bhanu from Amazon.com has left the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    first let me welcome you to the forum, but the fact that Amazon has always had this policy isn't the problem, it IS the fact that they arbitrarily chose to set a date of Aug. 12 as the cut off. And then have many time disregarded the "policy" (Aug. 12) for quit a few people, we want consistency! ie money back for all. It is my belief that HP will refund the diff. For all sales, BB would never go out on a limb if they weren't getting the money from HP.
    Thanks for the welcome I have been a member over @ android central for awhile now.

I have one question... were your orders filled by amazon or a third party? this may have some impact on who gets a pm and who doesn't (just a guess).
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    They are screwing around over there. I sent them an email Thursday, with all the order #s and once I submitted it, it said I would get an email response in 12 hours. Roughly 40 hours later I started a chat with "John" and asked him why hadn't my email been responded too. He said a colleague of his was still looking into it and I would receive an email within 12 hours of our conversation. It has now been about 5 hours since the conversation, and still nothing. They have until 7:20 tomorrow to send that email or else they are going to be on the phone with me ALL DAY tomorrow. I am sick of this.
    it was the 800 number that worked for me. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I had 2 emails ignored too.
    (I pre ordered mine from Amazon )
    I just spoke with Amazon after my email got denied AGAIN! she said all the orders that said they were going to get credited need to go through a manager to get approved. She said they probably will get cancelled.
    SO- if you got the email confirm that you will get a credit the golden question is.. Has it been deposited to your bank account yet???
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    (I pre ordered mine from Amazon )
    I just spoke with Amazon after my email got denied AGAIN! she said all the orders that said they were going to get credited need to go through a manager to get approved. She said they probably will get cancelled.
    SO- if you got the email confirm that you will get a credit the golden question is.. Has it been deposited to your bank account yet???
    Mine was.

Details:

Order Date: August 5, 2011
    Order #: 105-9434674-5829862
    Price Paid: $400 for the 16GB
    Refund Requested: $300
    Chat 1: Aug 21
    Chat 2: Aug 21
    Call 1: Aug 25
    Refund Email from CSR (Requested): Aug 25 (right when I hung up)
    Refund Email from Amazon (Processed): Aug 25 (3 hours later)
    Refund Credit to Bank: Aug 27

BTW, the CSR I spoke to, did put me on hold for about 10 mins, to talk to her manager for approval, before granting it.

HTH
    Ugh! I have to give up...This is consuming me... I've called and emailed so many times! I am going to return it. *tears*
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast