Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    hey guys I think we have strayed from posting our "ammo", those of you that have had success in getting your money back, PLEASE post you date of purchase and order#. I am also requesting that you tell us the date you get someone to give you the refund. I believe that with all of this information we (the ones that are being told no) can take this info and hopefully get our money back as well. I would like to make one more request, if you have success through chat, copy and post that, and any email received.

We will get our way eventually, if they want to put a policy in place they either need to enforce it (everyone) or not. Obviously everyone is not following the "policy" a unfair one I might add.

thanks everyone!
    Last edited by liv4rc51; 08/25/2011 at 02:54 PM.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    nyquistjack and thesaint05 like this.
    No luck with the order #'s for me.. I emailed and they said "Im not able to speak to the reasons others received a refund in this case..." They went on to say they dont do price matching for orders already shipped.. DUGH! didnt even mention the Aug 12th date. This person OBVIOUSLY donst have the right info.. OMG! Im gonna rip my hair out!!!!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I was a 32GB preorder that has had no luck in a pricematch (heck, I only asked for $100 before the firesale and was shot down), but I just had an epiphany...

* I was lucky enough to sign up for the early adopter rebate - $50...may or may not still be processed if I return my TP.
    * $50 app credit that I've all but used, and based on threads I've read should transfer to a new device.

Rather than spend hours and hours trying to fight Amazon I'm considering returning, buying from some CL poster for $250-$275, and on a net/net basis ending up practically even w/ the firesale pricing (or $50 less if my rebate gets pulled somehow). Not necessarily the "right" thing per amazon, but a lot less brain damage.
    diddly4 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by StompAWOT View Post
    I was a 32GB preorder that has had no luck in a pricematch (heck, I only asked for $100 before the firesale and was shot down), but I just had an epiphany...

* I was lucky enough to sign up for the early adopter rebate - $50...may or may not still be processed if I return my TP.
    * $50 app credit that I've all but used, and based on threads I've read should transfer to a new device.

Rather than spend hours and hours trying to fight Amazon I'm considering returning, buying from some CL poster for $250-$275, and on a net/net basis ending up practically even w/ the firesale pricing (or $50 less if my rebate gets pulled somehow). Not necessarily the "right" thing per amazon, but a lot less brain damage.
    Thats seems like what I wil have to do also....I have $100 in credits also and if I get one for 250 on ebay its all the same.
    BTW-
    I had to return my original TP since it was cracked at the speaker and all my app and other info were saved on my palm profile so they came back when I transfered.
    Quote Originally Posted by StompAWOT View Post

After unsuccessfully trying for a price match, I'm returning my pre-ordered Touchpad. I at least got the Amazon rep to let me return the case and touchstone for a full refund as well. I figured if I can get lucky and somehow get a firesale one, I can probably find the accessories cheaper than I originally paid for them.
    I am really tempted just to return mine. I like it, but Amazon is disgusting. If this is their after sale support, I don't want them to get anymore of my money. I don't have the box anymore, so it would slow down the resale of my TouchPad if I sent it back. This is after at least four chats, and two phone calls.

HP isn't going unscathed in all of this, still no word on the rebate. Amazon was listed in the rebate form as an 'authorized' HP retailer, yet either Amazon is outright ignoring HP's directive, or HP isn't communicating very well. Or perhaps a little of both.

I don't want to come off entitled, if HP had simply stated that it wasn't doing jack for people who paid full price, it'd be fine. HP had to open their trap.
    So I spent about 2 hours on the phone with the Amazon sales rep. I was rejected. They told me that because I bought it before the 12th there's nothing they can do. Same story for the last 4 times I called. I asked them to verify the serial number that I have on file with them. They told me they don't record that, and if it's returned they just verify that it's a 32 gig model and that all the supplies are included and that it works. So I'm thinking that I could just buy another one on ebay or maybe if HP comes through next week and return that to them so I don't have to go through the hassle of setting up another model (and so I may still get that HP $50 refund).
    I too will no longer shop with Amazon and I told them that tonight. I know one customer boycotting won't make that much of a difference, but for my sake, I will not shop there anymore, which is a shame because I was looking forward to using the Kindle App. They are clearly not concerned with their customers and they are trying to keep the profit of the Touchpad for themselves. I suspect that they're willing to offer the full refund because they can send those models back to HP and get reimbursed for them.
    Got fed the on or after August 12th date. Can somebody PM their order number who was successful? One of the numbers listed on the thread that I tried to reference was allegedly processed as a full refund. My order was placed on July 8th.
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes9 View Post
    Got fed the on or after August 12th date. Can somebody PM their order number who was successful? One of the numbers listed on the thread that I tried to reference was allegedly processed as a full refund. My order was placed on July 8th.
    if you start on page 3 here, you will see when the order #'s started to be posted and the experiences they had.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    I'm still going to keep mine regardless because I'm using it for development, but it's really annoying that they're essentially holding their stock right now, and almost hoping people send it back for a full refund. In a lot of ways it feels downright fraudulent. It has very little to do with the policy at the moment, since any company in their right mind would refund customers if it was going to get reimbursed by another company since it means customer satisfaction, which results in more sales, which means more profit.

In this case, they give customers their money back. HP reimburses (we have to assume this is what they're doing anyway), then the customer has that much more money to spend and will likely spend more back in that same company because they're happy with the service they received.

Pretty sure that's basic customer service and customer retention. I know... logic - big companies don't always seem to have any.
    FWIW, here's what I emailed Amazon:

HP has instructed its retail partners to refund ALL TouchPad owners the difference between the actual purchase prices of $99 for a 16G Touchpad or $149 for a 32G Touchpad.

Source: BREAKING: HP Crediting Fire-Sale Difference to Current TouchPad Owners | Featured, News |webOSroundup

This is being done by Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, WalMart, and others. The major retailer that is NOT following these instructions is Amazon, who has decided to implement an arbitrary policy of only refunding those amounts if the customer purchased a Touchpad since Aug 12.

Not only is this illogical and arbitrary policy against the wishes of the manufacturer, it is not being followed consistently by Amazon. Some people are getting the "fire sale refund", while others are getting denied. If the policy is not being enforced equally for all customers, it should not be enforced at all.

Source: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rn-policy.html

Example orders that received these refunds:

Order #103-2950109-7531437,
    Order Date, June 2011

Order #105-4908135-6326645
    Order Date: June 23 2011

Order # 105-4594142-6427442
    Order Date : June 22, 2011

Order # 103-9329304-5883454
    Order Date: June 20, 2011

Order # 102-3804800-3653018

Order #102-4708905-5469053
    Order Date: July 12, 2011

All of those people purchased their Touchpads prior to Aug 12 and are getting the refund that HP instructed the retailers to provide to their customers. We are not trying to scam Amazon, just get the refund that HP says is rightfully ours. The Aug 12 policy is inconsistent with HP's instructions to retailers and is not being uniformly applied. For a company that prides itself on "Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company", this policy is jeopardizing the relationships between it and many long time Amazon customers, myself included.

I demand the $450 refund that HP says that I am owed. My details:
    Order #105-7284653-0090621
    Order Date: June 19, 2011
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    ... had to return my original TP since it was cracked at the speaker and all my app and other info were saved on my palm profile so they came back when I transfered.
    Awesome - that confirmation just about puts a nail in the coffin of this saga for me. A potential upside for me is that I think I have one of the "warm" screens (colors aren't nearly as vivid as our ipads) so a replacement may be an upgrade...
    Nice email - please let us know how you go.
    I continue to be shot down by Amazon, and the latest is I am not receiving any response at all to emails sent through the Amazon system. I've called 3 times, sent 3 emails, and now 3 chat attempts with no progress....including 2 emails completely ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
    Nice email - please let us know how you go.
    the refund was deposited in my account yesterday.
    joen05 and sara.ramli like this.
    BTW Just got the refund credited to my account.

So here goes the order # as promised: 105-9434674-5829862
    Quote Originally Posted by indivisibletears View Post
    I continue to be shot down by Amazon, and the latest is I am not receiving any response at all to emails sent through the Amazon system. I've called 3 times, sent 3 emails, and now 3 chat attempts with no progress....including 2 emails completely ignored.
    Keep trying. Personally I think calling is the best option and the least comfortable for the CSR to shy away from / ignore you. And that is what worked for me after a couple of chat sessions.
    For people who are still trying, do one of you want to take this Groubal route?

Corporate Complaints - Writing a Complaint That Works | Groubal

Create one explaining Amazon's inconsistencies on this policy and ask for a fair treatment.

(I myself could do that, but thought it would be more appropriate for a person who is still requesting a refund, to do it)

Come back and post in this forum and all of us can sign it. And spread the word through our twitter and facebook accounts.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    If it helps anyone my order number was 102-9079450-4173052.

I received my credit back to my credit card a few days ago.
    I ordered the 32gb Touchpad on June 19, 2011 and received it on July 1

My history with the refund was I first contacted chat and was told no but my my case was sent to the accounting department by the CSR because it was too great an amount for the CSR to deal with. The following day I used the Call me feature and CSR transfered me to a supervisor who was totally apologetic but he said his hands were tied and there was nothing he could do. A few minutes after I hung up the phone I contacted chat again and was given the refund in about 5 minutes.

Good Luck and keep trying.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast