Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
    I've called about 5 times now, still no luck. They are unable to explain why 12 Aug is the cutoff for price matching.

I have my return authorization all set to go - I'll keep trying to get them to give me the price match and hopefully I'll be able to find a Touchpad at the firesale price in the next round (and return the one I have now for a full refund). Annoying.
    This is exactly what I'm doing.

I want to keep my touchpad, but if it's a matter of 600 dollars than I will absolutely pull the trigger and send it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    3 phone calls for both of you and you wonder why you arent getting the results you want, I have 15+ emails for customer surveys in my inbox, I have 5 additional emails from supervisors following up, I called until I got the answer I was looking for, you have all the tools plus additional order numbers to create a valid argument, their inability to follow their own policy is the reason why all of you should be getting your partial refunds. You arent fighting hard enough, you are allowing amazon to keep your money.
    I had given up a few days ago, with a couple of chat sessions and stock replies.

I was trying every other vendor in the fire sale and am yet to get an order shipped successfully. Most of them were cancelled, because I was too late to the game or they are put on hold (like the SMB order).

Having ran out of options of getting a new one, I was thinking how I can write to HP requesting them to help me out with the refund. Then just suddenly thought, why not search through our PreCentral forums. And Bingo hit this thread.

And if not for mikevember's persistent words to keep trying, I would have given up.

I tried the negative feedback option (for a chat session that I had a few days back) and requested them to call me. After a few failed attempts, I got through to a CSR. She had the same stock Aug 12 answer and since mine was Aug 5, she said the system isn't letting her give the refund. Went on hold. Came back and again explained her helplessness. I was still asking her why Aug 12? Seeing that I persisted with the same question, she put me on hold for like some 10 mins and came back with the good news and email confirmation right away for the refund.

Will come back and post the order # & details, once I get the credit.

Thanks to all you guys who shared your order numbers and dates (I didn't have to use them though, just mentioned to the CSR about having them). And a special thanks to mikevember. Y o u M a d e M y D a y.
    I have also called, did the chat and emailed with NO luck! When I asked WHY is the date Aug 12? the rep told me in their policy if a price drops a lot they will refund orders up to 2 weeks back... I said my order was only 6 weeks ago, its not like I asking for something crazy!! UGH!!!! He said IF the policy changes he will email me.

You bet everytime they are sending a survey I am giving them negative and explaining in detail I don't agree with the policy!!! Make sure you hit them on the survey it matters to them!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    I have also called, did the chat and emailed with NO luck! When I asked WHY is the date Aug 12? the rep told me in their policy if a price drops a lot they will refund orders up to 2 weeks back... I said my order was only 6 weeks ago, its not like I asking for something crazy!! UGH!!!! He said IF the policy changes he will email me.

You bet everytime they are sending a survey I am giving them negative and explaining in detail I don't agree with the policy!!! Make sure you hit them on the survey it matters to them!
    I've hit NO on the survey email about 13 times now. I'm sick of this. Not quitting yet though.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    I had given up a few days ago, with a couple of chat sessions and stock replies.

I was trying every other vendor in the fire sale and am yet to get an order shipped successfully. Most of them were cancelled, because I was too late to the game or they are put on hold (like the SMB order).

Having ran out of options of getting a new one, I was thinking how I can write to HP requesting them to help me out with the refund. Then just suddenly thought, why not search through our PreCentral forums. And Bingo hit this thread.

And if not for mikevember's persistent words to keep trying, I would have given up.

I tried the negative feedback option (for a chat session that I had a few days back) and requested them to call me. After a few failed attempts, I got through to a CSR. She had the same stock Aug 12 answer and since mine was Aug 5, she said the system isn't letting her give the refund. Went on hold. Came back and again explained her helplessness. I was still asking her why Aug 12? Seeing that I persisted with the same question, she put me on hold for like some 10 mins and came back with the good news and email confirmation right away for the refund.

Will come back and post the order # & details, once I get the credit.

Thanks to all you guys who shared your order numbers and dates (I didn't have to use them though, just mentioned to the CSR about having them). And a special thanks to mikevember. Y o u M a d e M y D a y.
    Mine was the fifth too! This is good news to hear!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post

Keep trying, it's getting clear that persistence is paying off with Amazon. The effort is definitely worth the $400+ potential. I must have made 10 calls over 3 days and spent a total of about 6 hours on the phone with them.
    ElizaRenn likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Just happened for me through chat as well. I was on the phone with a rep and she told me she wasnt going to speak with me because someone had just processed it. Good Luck and keep at it.

Order#105-4908135-6326645
    Order Date: June 23 2011
    Thanks Mike, this was the magic ticket.

I just got mine approved (hopefully). When I first called up (using Call Me Now), the very helpful gentleman said that there was a note already attached to the account, but he misread the part about "on or AFTER August 12th". He said that I would get the refund, he just needed approval from a supervisor. The supervisor wasn't able to approve because of the August 12th date, but he offered $150 instead. I then told him that other people were receiving it, and gave him your order number. He looked at it for a couple minutes, and he was able to get a supervisor approval when he did it that way.

I had previously contacted Amazon via email, so that may be why the note was already attached to the item.

If I see that it actually works, I'll add my order number as a reference.
    Still trying. And still unsuccessful, so far. Getting a little more hopeful from the latest discussion with a supervisor that they take this issue seriously and are perhaps working on a change in the overall policy (he more than hinted at this, but, of course, wouldn't promise anything).

Thanks for posting the order #s.
    Here is the email that I just received:

I accommodated your request to be credited for the lower price for the HP Touchpad. Here is our policy on the discount.

We can only refund for the HP Touchpad price changes that occur within 30 days from the time your HP Touchpad order is shipped, and if the order was placed before Aug. 12, 2011.

Order number: 002-8290810-6379453
    Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Here is the email that I just received:

I accommodated your request to be credited for the lower price for the HP Touchpad. Here is our policy on the discount.

We can only refund for the HP Touchpad price changes that occur within 30 days from the time your HP Touchpad order is shipped, and if the order was placed before Aug. 12, 2011.

Order number: 002-8290810-6379453
    Did you purchase your TP before or after Aug. 12 ? I have been told after the 12th was the cut off, but you say he says before.

I am within the 30days and was obviously purchased before the 12th.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    I got the feeling that even though I was told this was going to stop (refunds per the "policy") I am seeing people still posting they have been given money back. So I ask all of you, If you have received money back, PLEASE tell us the date it was "awarded". I believe that with order #'s and dates that others have been given refunds, we can fight with more ammo.
    Thanks guys

Amazon =
    Has anyone played the whole "I want to return it because I can buy one for $150 elsewhere" bit?
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    Did you purchase your TP before or after Aug. 12 ?
    July 4th.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Welp. That was easy. On my 3092480932855th chat. I verified myself.

"I will issue a refund right now"

I said "You are the man"

Seems like HP and amazon spoke.

I'm so happy I don't have to return it.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Ok, I just sent ANOTHER email with all the order numbers asking for the same. ~fingers crossed!~
    I really thought I was getting somewhere. Supervisor was quite interested in the order #s. Once again though, I am foiled. Says he appreciated the effort but there is nothing he can do. He says those refunds were incorrectly processed.

So, I guess I have to keep calling until someone incorrectly processes mine. This is grande...

Has anyone whose gotten a refund seen a change of heart after giving the order numbers?
    Also struck out again, even referring to order numbers, to which the response was simply "processed incorrectly" for them. Same as nyquistJack.
    I wrote up a letter with all the details. I am sending it to their corporate office via snail mail tomorrow.

The last supervisor I talked to said he made my return lable eligable for a full refund and its good for 30 days. So that gives me some time to wait for a response from the corporate office. Guess we'll see what happens. I'll, of course, report back on any results.
    I submitted an email to Amazon and was denied with 'our standard price matching policies'. However, I called the next evening and spoke with a very nice guy who, after a few minutes of being on hold, came back and told me 'sure, you're eligible...i'll get the credit going right away'. Got a confirmation email of the credit...he said it should hit my account in 2-3 business days. $450 credit on the TouchPad 32Gb. Keeping my fingers crossed until I see $450 hit my credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlarsen30 View Post
    I submitted an email to Amazon and was denied with 'our standard price matching policies'. However, I called the next evening and spoke with a very nice guy who, after a few minutes of being on hold, came back and told me 'sure, you're eligible...i'll get the credit going right away'. Got a confirmation email of the credit...he said it should hit my account in 2-3 business days. $450 credit on the TouchPad 32Gb. Keeping my fingers crossed until I see $450 hit my credit card.
    what was the date of your purchase, and what is your order#. If your not comfortable in giving your order# until after you get your money, that's fine.... But PLEASE return and post the # then, so we may have more proof that this is being done. Thanks !

Amazon =