Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Took a while. I got it later that afternoon - say 4 or 5 hours.
    I just got off the phone for the 3rd time. Crashed and burned again. CSR was very helpful - and like others have stated, there was a feeling of them not wanting to risk their job to do this for me. The girl put me on hold three times and looked at a couple of the other order numbers that are provided here and said that each of those were "extraordinary" circumstances outside of the 'fire sale' price drop.

If the trick to receiving the refund is to have the CSR post a reason other than the HP-initiated price drop (I'm not accusing anyone of this, just saying)...then I'm not going to pursue it. My $400 isn't worth risking someone else's employment.

Does that mean this doesn't suck??? Of course not - but the bottom line is I'm not willing to send back my TP....it isn't like they aren't giving me an option. If I can find another TP...I'll send this one back.
    Quote Originally Posted by indivisibletears View Post
    If the trick to receiving the refund is to have the CSR post a reason other than the HP-initiated price drop (I'm not accusing anyone of this, just saying)...then I'm not going to pursue it. My $400 isn't worth risking someone else's employment.
    My email from Amazon
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on hp Touchpad. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $450. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.
    I am not sure what finally made Amazon give me my money back but I assure you I started every conversation with "HP dropped the price on the TouchPad", I was adamant in regards to their "policy" inconsistencies and continued to call. Its not fair for some to receive the refund and others not. I will not purchase from Amazon unless all others asking for the partial refund are given what most every other retailer is offering. 20 phone calls for $400+ is not unreasonable, if you stop after 3 you are doing a disservice to yourself.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    mikevember,

I guess what I'm saying is that I was willing to pay $600 for it 2 months ago - and I'm not willing to send it back today. I don't want another device, I don't want another OS, I don't want the option to put android on it.

With the recent update to VPN to include PPTP and the (reported) upcoming update to quickoffice, I'm only a remote desktop app away from everything I could ever want on it. Homebrew makes it fun to tweak and Precentral gives me a place to talk it over.

I'm not giving up yet, just hate the idea of this potentially causing people to lose jobs.
    ElizaRenn likes this.
    mikevember,
    I'm not giving up yet, just hate the idea of this potentially causing people to lose jobs.
    I really don't think anyone is going to lose their job over it. Possibly what is happening behind the scenes is HP is eating the loss for this, as we know, and Amazon (and other retail chains) retains their full profit even after a partial refund. In essence, they probably aren't taking a loss at all.

We can speculate all we want about why they aren't doing it openly (slowed Kindle sales, Amazon tablet, etc), and I doubt HP will be able to do anything about it either - even if we hope they could at this point.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    mikevember,

I guess what I'm saying is that I was willing to pay $600 for it 2 months ago - and I'm not willing to send it back today. I don't want another device, I don't want another OS, I don't want the option to put android on it.

With the recent update to VPN to include PPTP and the (reported) upcoming update to quickoffice, I'm only a remote desktop app away from everything I could ever want on it. Homebrew makes it fun to tweak and Precentral gives me a place to talk it over.

I've had 3 phone calls and one online chat with Amazon and the best I've gotten from them is that they'll give me a full refund if I send it back. Even when giving the order numbers of those that did get a fire sale refund.
    3 phone calls for both of you and you wonder why you arent getting the results you want, I have 15+ emails for customer surveys in my inbox, I have 5 additional emails from supervisors following up, I called until I got the answer I was looking for, you have all the tools plus additional order numbers to create a valid argument, their inability to follow their own policy is the reason why all of you should be getting your partial refunds. You arent fighting hard enough, you are allowing amazon to keep your money.
    sara.ramli and ElizaRenn like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    3 phone calls for both of you and you wonder why you arent getting the results you want, I have 15+ emails for customer surveys in my inbox, I have 5 additional emails from supervisors following up, I called until I got the answer I was looking for, you have all the tools plus additional order numbers to create a valid argument, their inability to follow their own policy is the reason why all of you should be getting your partial refunds. You arent fighting hard enough, you are allowing amazon to keep your money.
    mikevember,

Thanks for the encouragement - and you're right. I'm back on it...on my 3 round of emails already with them. They are starting to recognize that I've also made phone calls because it was mentioned in one reply. Other than that, the rest of it is a canned message because it is written just the same way as others who have posted their replies from Amazon.

gracias!!!
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    Although there are similar threads, haven't seen the specifics below posted. Talks of returns, but with a little persistence with customer service (866 216-1072), received $400 credit for my preorder. Good for Amazon!

HP TouchPad Customer Returns and Exchanges
    Purchases from Amazon.com
    Amazon.com is extending the return/exchange policy for the HP TouchPad and accepting returns for units purchased on or after June 19, 2011, excluding HP TouchPad 16GB sold at $99.99 or HP TouchPad 32GB sold at $149.99. Please contact customer service for more details.

HP TouchPad 16GB sold at $99.99 or HP TouchPad 32GB sold at $149.99 are considered final sales and Amazon.com will not accept returns on these units.

Purchases from Other Sellers on the Amazon.com Website
    Please contact the individual sellers for information about their return/exchange policies on the HP TouchPad.
    I love this community. My wife was all set to return her Touchpad when I found this thread. So with a return authorization in hand, she made another call and now have an email verifying a rebate of the difference between original price and fire sale price.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    So you keep on calling until someone just gets fed up with you? How many hours did you spend doing this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    So you keep on calling until someone just gets fed up with you? How many hours did you spend doing this?

3 or 4 hours over three days. I wouldnt have continued if I didnt continue to see new reports of people being successful. Its not right for them to grant this partial refund to some and not to others.
    sara.ramli and ElizaRenn like this.
    Of course it's not right, but I don't want to give myself a stoke by trying to remain calm with these knuckleheads, either.

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Of course it's not right, but I don't want to give myself a stoke by trying to remain calm with these knuckleheads, either.

It's your money, not mine. I wasnt willing to leave that amount on the table.
    I'll get my money back one way or the other. I just don't want to through the hassle of returning my original device when HP has told the retailers to due the partial refunds. :<

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    My email from Amazon

I am not sure what finally made Amazon give me my money back but I assure you I started every conversation with "HP dropped the price on the TouchPad", I was adamant in regards to their "policy" inconsistencies and continued to call. Its not fair for some to receive the refund and others not. I will not purchase from Amazon unless all others asking for the partial refund are given what most every other retailer is offering. 20 phone calls for $400+ is not unreasonable, if you stop after 3 you are doing a disservice to yourself.
    Lol, you and I got the same email. I wonder if we had the same rep?
    doodad64 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeVuPlay View Post
    and my Email:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I've requested a refund of $300.00 to your Visa Card.

You'll see the refund on your Visa Card statement in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here:
    I finally got an email similar to that tonight after clicking on the "if no" link (with comments), sent an email, and called 3 times. I got an odd message that they were closed the first time (??), sat on hold for most of an hour before getting cut off for the next call, and was quite livid for the last call. I immediately asked for a supervisor because I had been cut off, the CSR took my terse two sentence reason for calling, put me on hold for about 10 minutes, and then said they'd give me the fire sale refund.
    mikevember and sara.ramli like this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I am giving up. I have done the chat 5 times, called at least 8 times, and had them call me a few times.

I am so sick of dealing with them, I am just going to return the item. I already was able to purchase a new one last Friday night for $149, so at least I will have that one. I will also be keeping my eye out for a new one on the next fire sale that happens. I wanted to give the new one to the gf, but if I don't manage to get another one, then I guess she will have to do without for now.

It is really unfortunate, because I really liked Amazon and loved shopping on Amazon, but they have just been to hard to deal with and I don't trust that if something like this happens in the future, that I won't be screwed again.

So long Amazon.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My Touchpad purchase was made on July 7. The policy statement from Amazon representatives has been the same that many others have reported: For purchases prior to August 12, the only refund option is to return the Touchpad for a full refund.

I really don't want to do that at this time. But I had paid $570 for mine and may still decide to go that route.

The representatives have each been polite and have made an extra effort (or at least said they were) to search for solutions for me. The result however was the same: Return the Touchpad for a full refund.
    Last edited by DenDiMarco; 08/24/2011 at 10:43 AM.
    I've called about 5 times now, still no luck. They are unable to explain why 12 Aug is the cutoff for price matching.

I have my return authorization all set to go - I'll keep trying to get them to give me the price match and hopefully I'll be able to find a Touchpad at the firesale price in the next round (and return the one I have now for a full refund). Annoying.
    My refund hit the bank today, Amazon messed up the refund amount, $500 for a 32g, with the $50 early adopter rebate and $50 app credit, I basically got a free TouchPad. Keep pushing guys you will get your refund.
    sara.ramli likes this.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast