Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    I can not speak for nyquistjack, but I have made comments like that before, simply pointing out where I believe my call has landed.
    I concur. This is useful information. I usually have better success when routed to a call center in the US. I'm not sure how Amazon's policy works but call centers in the states seem to have more authority than call centers off shore.
    Those of you posting success stories, could you provide your date of purchase? That seems to be the major hang-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Those of you posting success stories, could you provide your date of purchase? That seems to be the major hang-up.
    bobsentell, mine was a pre-order purchase. June 22nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    bobsentell, mine was a pre-order purchase. June 22nd.
    Thanks. I'm also hoping for some July 1 purchases that have had a successful price match.
    I can not speak for nyquistjack, but I have made comments like that before, simply pointing out where I believe my call has landed.
    I'm probably going to make this worse, but (at the risk of being flamed) I'll go there.

Would it have been better if he said "a call center clearly not in the US where the employees are obviously trained to not stray from the flow chart, and who don't sympathize with people who risk $300 to get a toy when that's probably less than what they take home in a month?"

I know it's not PC to simply say indian... and I can understand how it might be offensive. But I do believe it adds context. It's not really racist to recognize cultural differences. It kills me to deal with any government employee over the phone, because sometimes it feels like they are paid to say no a certain amount of times before they say yes... so I might say to a friend "of course he gave me the run around and wasted an hour of my time just to give me what I aksed for in the first place... he's a government employee!" see, that adds context, but can't be characterized as racist... If he had simply said "a dude in a foreign call center" it could still be the expression of latent racism, but it wouldn't be as easy to finger-point. All I know is that when I used to deal with Asurion (for multiple Palm Pre replacements) the best people I dealt with were from Costa Rica. I'd also say that the best BofA reps live on twitter @bofa_help (they will refund like $300 in fees the first time you ask). It's a cultural thing - and it has more to do with the particular office or department most of the time... but I can't remember ever dealing with anyone from an obviously foreign call center in Asia or the middle east somewhere that didn't need to do everything strictly by the book.

This

Certainly wasn't a "racist" comment, I have worked with plenty of Indians in the tech industry. My frustration is that in most of my experiences with over-seas call centers is they rarely have power to do anything to help. They are outsourced and tend end with "sorry, nothing I can do."
    Ok, here's my revised recommendation to everyone..

There appear to be three ways to contact them, each with differing degrees of success, based on the feedback of everyone who's posted here: online chat, calling them directly, and using the "contact me" button. I had success using the "Contact me" button. It looks like a few others have had luck this way too. Those responding as to success/failure, please include how you contacted them.

I bet these 3 options route to different departments. TRY EACH until you get the answer you're looking for. If you don't try all three, you're giving up too soon. If you try all three and get shut down each time, then it's time to try another as yet undiscovered approach.

I wouldn't get into the race thing guys, Amazon still just doesn't have it's ducks in a row on this thing. It's unclear what the official party line is on these refunds. Just get in quick in-case they get everyone on message that they don't give adjustments.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    At this point I don't care where they are, or the nationality, I just want the price adjustment! It isn't that we are trying to scam them, we just want the same treatment as nearly all other TP owners. I have been working really hard to buy one elsewhere, so I can just send this one back with a note on it stating "this is my final purchase I will make with Amazon, and now you made zero profit". Before this experience, I would praise Amazon for being very easy to work with, now I can't tell enough people that they should spend money elsewhere!
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'm on the phone with Amazon right now and they absolutely refuse to issue a price match! Damn them!
    I sent them a kindly worded email request last night and included the fact that I have been an Amazon Prime member for the past 5 years and got my refund notification this morning. Good luck to all.

Edit: I ordered my touchpad on July 4th

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $450.00 for your Order 102-4708905-5469053.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-inch Tablet Computer
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: B0055D66V4
    Reason for refund: Item billing error

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $450.00

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

AmericanExpress Credit Card [ending with]: $450.00

Refunds typically complete within 10 business days and appear as a credit on your statement.

Have questions about our refund policy?
    Visit our Help section for more information:

Amazon.com Help

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com
    We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company
    Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only e-mail address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
    Last edited by ksyjoe; 08/23/2011 at 11:30 AM.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    **Staff Note**

Please keep all of the chatter about ethnicity out of the threads. This is about returning the devices, not about who answers. Thanks.

<thread cleansed>
    Nice, ksyjoe. I'm not a prime member, but have bought a good number of things from them in the past. Customer patronage could be part of their criteria.
    I wanted to let everyone know that I was just told, all of the accepted refunds that are outside of the policy, are being looked at. I spoke to a supervisor and she claims that those that let this through are going to be beat with a stick, but really if you already got your money back great! As I type this I just got a email, she sent me a return label! I guess she expects me to send it back. I don't want to send it back, I want to keep it for 149! She also told me it wouldn't matter if I called back in 15min. - 4hours - days later, I wasn't getting money back. This sux!

Amazon =
    I wanted to let everyone know that I was just told, all of the accepted refunds that are outside of the policy, are being looked at. I spoke to a supervisor and she claims that those that let this through are going to be beat with a stick, but really if you already got your money back great! As I type this I just got a email, she sent me a return label! I guess she expects me to send it back. I don't want to send it back, I want to keep it for 149! She also told me it wouldn't matter if I called back in 15min. - 4hours - days later, I wasn't getting money back. This sux!
    Just checked and the adjustment posted to my account this morning, fyi. They're not getting the money, nor my TP, back. I'll post here if they try.

They can't ask for you to return your TP unless they're giving you ALL of your money back.
    I will add they don't care if you have proof of others getting refunds, they wouldn't listen to order#s they said it didn't matter, they are looking at all of the price adjustments related to the TP. The supervisor was nice but not helpful.

Amazon =
    Man, this is BS. I guess I will write a letter to the corporate office tonight. I posted the address on a thread somewhere. I can try to track it down if anyone also wishes to write the corporate office.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    When I talked to a US based customer service rep last night, her response in a nutshell was "it's against policy and I'm not going to risk my job to help a customer". The offshore guy hemmed and hawed and after 30 minutes of being on hold, he said the amount was over the amount he could do and he could have someone call me today. The phone call today said it was against policy and if I wanted any money back, I'd have to return it.

BTW, apparently the trick to talking to the 2nd level support in the US is to make an initial call and then call back within 20-30 minutes. They're assuming that since you're calling back, you need more help and those CSRs are supposed to have more authority to get things done to help the customer.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    I will add they don't care if you have proof of others getting refunds, they wouldn't listen to order#s they said it didn't matter, they are looking at all of the price adjustments related to the TP. The supervisor was nice but not helpful.
    The last rep I talked to last night said that it was also against policy to open up an order for a customer other than the one they were talking to on the phone.
    Amazon's inconsistency on policy will be the reason everyone receives this refund. Continue to call and point out this fact. Regardless it it was a "mistake" that we received this refund it still happened, for multiple customers. I called back to back to back. I told them I would continue to call until I received credit. $400 is a fairly decent amount of money. While I was struggling yesterday I emailed the CEO at HP and attempted to contact others through twitter, you can sit back and wait for amazon to miraculously change their policy or you can be proactive and do whatever it takes to get your money back. Good luck guys, keep trying.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I am curious. I was able to get a refund today, but still haven't received a verification e-mail from amazon. For those who did get a refund, how long did it take to get that refund notice from Amazon?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast