Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Does anybody know if I would be able to return the Touchpad with Amazon if it doesn't have the upc on the box? I took the upc off for the early adopter rebate. Also, will they let me return the case and Touchstone? I figured I'll try to get the refund, but if not, I'd rather just return everything.
    I finally got through. Will be posting my order number and order date as soon as I get the confirmation that this refund has gone through. They are telling me that this is an "exceptional" case and it still should not have been done.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried contacting HP direct to see if they would grant the price match on Amazon's behalf? I tried calling Amazon on saturday and they would only offer me a return where I would have to pay a re-stocking fe and shipping and the rep told me to contact HP if I wasn't happy, haven't had a chance yet though.
    SkindancerAng likes this.
    Email Confirmation:

Hello,

I've requested a refund of $421.99.

You'll see the refund on your statement in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here:

[removed link]

As stated, this is an exception refund because with the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee.We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

Best regards,

Melissa B.

Purchase Date : June 22, 2011
    Order # 105-4594142-6427442

Thanks to all for their help, and let me know if I can be of any assistance.
    to those not posting order numbers or dates,

We have provided you with this information to help you, do the same for others. You used our information to help your cause but many others are still fighting this, give them the ammunition.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    mikevember, you're right. I'm just being paranoid. Thanks for putting it tactfully. Here's a cut/paste of my credit confirmation email. The order number is 103-9329304-5883454. My confirmation is strangely different than joen05's, in format and content. I'm not expected to return my touchpad, this is just an adjustment. I purchased on June 20. Hope this helps someone!

-------------------------------------------

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $450.00 for your Order 103-9329304-5883454.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB Tablet Computer (FB359UA#ABA)
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: ABCDEFGHIJ

Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $450.00

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

[xxxxx] Credit Card [xxxx]: $450.00

Refunds typically complete within 10 business days and appear as a credit on your statement.

Have questions about our refund policy?
    Visit our Help section for more information:

Amazon.com Help

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com
    We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    mikevember, you're right. I'm just being paranoid. Thanks for putting it tactfully. Here's a cut/paste of my credit confirmation email. The order number is 103-9329304-5883454. My confirmation is strangely different than joen05's, in format and content. I'm not expected to return my touchpad, this is just an adjustment. I purchased on June 20. Hope this helps someone!
    When I called them, they still said they could not honor the fire sale price match refund for anyone who bought a TouchPad prior to Aug12. When I gave them your order number as an example of someone who did, they claimed it was against policy to pull up an order for a customer who wasn't the one on the line. They implied that anyone who said otherwise was a liar. Ama- zon!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Here is the convo I had with Amazon. Hue disappointment. I am so sick of talking to them about this. I tried to be polite, maybe you could tell me if I was rude, but I was trying hard to be polite. She basically just left without saying by or anything. Very rude customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Conversstion

You are now connected to Vikas from Amazon.com.

Me:Hi,
    How are you doing? I am inquiring about a price match refund for the HP Touch Pad. I know that HP has recently lowered their price on the item, and that most of the retailers who were carrying the Touch Pad are refunding the difference to their customers.
    I have spoken with Amazon a few times regarding this issue, and have been told that the refund is not available to me because I purchased the Touch Pad before August 12th. However since then there have been several reports from other Amazon customers who have said that they also purchased the Touch Pad from Amazon before August 12th, and have gotten the price difference refunded to their account. They have posted their account numbers for reference purposes.
    I do not want to return the Touch Pad, instead I would like to keep it and get the price difference refunded to my account.

Vikas:Hello, my name is Vikas. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:Great!

Vikas:Let me review your issue please.

Me:Sure thing
    I am kind of on a bad internet connection, so hopefully I don't lose my connection

Vikas:Thanks so much for waiting.

Me:No problem

Vikas:I'm sorry but we're unable to honor the price match. You can return it for a refund.
    It is not possible to issue the refund as the order was placed on July 30 and currently we're issuing the refund for only those order which were placed on or after August 12.

Me:I don't understand, it seems like Amazon's return policy is inconsistent. As I stated, there have been several other people in the exact same situation as me, who have been given the refund.
    103-9329304-5883454 is one order # where the person was credited the different

Vikas:I'm sorry but it is not possible for us to issue the refund for the price difference.

Me:Well, it seems as though it is possible...seeing as that other people have been credited
    I am having a hard time understanding why Amazon is not processing this refund for me, but they are processing it for other customers.

Vikas:I'm not able to speak to the reasons why the refund for the order you've provided was issued.
    Unfortunately, we're unable to issue the refund.
    I'm sorry I don't have better news for you; this is our policy at this time. We won't be able to comment on this issue further.

Me:Well, I know exactly why they were issued. The refund was issued because Amazon matched the price for him

As a matter of fact, here is the email Amazon sent to him:
    We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $450.00 for your Order 103-9329304-5883454.
    This refund is for the following item(s):
    Item: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB Tablet Computer (FB359UA#ABA)
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: ABCDEFGHIJ
    Reason for refund: Account adjustment
    Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:
    Item Refund: $450.00
    We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):
    [xxxxx] Credit Card [xxxx]: $450.00
    Refunds typically complete within 10 business days and appear as a credit on your statement.
    Have questions about our refund policy?
    Visit our Help section for more information:
    Amazon.com Help
    We look forward to seeing you again soon.
    Sincerely,
    Amazon.com
    We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

Vikas:I'm sorry for the disappointment.
    Is there anything else that I can do for you today?

Me:I guess you are done talking about this?

Vikas:I'm so sorry that we're unable to issue the refund for the item.
    Thanks for contacting Amazon.com. We hope to seeing you again soon.
    Vikas from Amazon.com has left the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    Here is the convo I had with Amazon. Hue disappointment. I am so sick of talking to them about this. I tried to be polite, maybe you could tell me if I was rude, but I was trying hard to be polite. She basically just left without saying by or anything. Very rude customer service.
    that is rude, I hope to resolve mine in the morning, I am planing the same attack. It would be great if we could ask for and speak to the same reps that have a clue.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    the really messed up thing about this is, every person that deals with tech knows that HP fouled this up and is selling TP's for 99 & 149. But Amazon is gonna take a hit because "this is not our policy" I know after this I am really second guessing future purchases with them. Over the years I have spent a bunch of money with them. STUPID

Amazon =
    None of this is really giving me much hope to keep mine and get partial refund. But then, maybe I should just return it and roll the dice on a cheap firesale unit chance since mine has the crack by the speaker.

Either way, my likeliness of continuing to support Amazon (and I make the majority of my purchases through them) has gone significantly down due to this.
    I was able to get an email confirmation of the refund. I bought the touchpad for $320 and their email says that I will receive a $300 refund!! If this pans out, I will have paid $20 for the 16 G touchpad!!

Here is the Chat Session I had with them.

Chat
    End Chat
    You are now connected to Muzaffar from Amazon.com.
    Merice question3:41:50 AM
    Muzaffar :Hello, my name is Muzaffar. I'll be happy to help you today. 3:41:53 AM
    Me:thanks!3:41:59 AM
    Muzaffar :You are welcome.3:42:18 AM
    Me:I purchased and hp touchpad for about $320 from Amazon (last week). Since then the manufacturer has discontinued the product and had a firesale, price dropped to $99. Many of Amazon purchasers have received partial credits in lieu of returning the product. I would like to get this same service. I have been an Amazon customer for years. 3:44:17 AM
    Muzaffar :I apologize for the inconvenience. Is this the order number #102-3804800-3653018 ?3:44:54 AM
    Me:I can provide references of customers that received this, order numbers etc. 3:44:57 AM
    Me:yes that is correct3:45:29 AM
    Muzaffar :Thank you for confirming.3:45:36 AM
    Me:Youre welcome sir!3:45:55 AM
    Muzaffar :You need not worry. I have already issued refund of $300.00 as your order eligible for this refund.3:46:12 AM
    Me:That is FANTASTIC! Is there a reference number or something I can hold onto in the meantime?3:47:05 AM
    Muzaffar :I have sent e-mail confirmation also about the refund.3:47:12 AM
    Muzaffar :Please check the e-mail right now.3:47:25 AM
    Me:Oh thank you so much! as expected Amazon never disappoints!!3:47:36 AM
    Muzaffar :My pleasure helping you today. You are always welcome. We are always here to help you. 3:47:50 AM
    Muzaffar :I appreciate your patience and also your business with Amazon. Thanks. 3:48:02 AM
    Muzaffar :Is there anything else I can do for you today? 3:48:06 AM
    Me:Thank you! i received the email confirmation!3:48:17 AM
    Me:that is all I was hoping for. Thank you!3:48:35 AM
    Muzaffar :Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon! 3:48:43 AM
    Muzaffar :Have a good night. Take care.3:48:51 AM
    Me:You too!
    and my Email:

I've requested a refund of $300.00 to your Visa Card.

You'll see the refund on your Visa Card statement in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summar...bosnation0e-20

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey...bosnation0e-20

If no, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey...bosnation0e-20

Best regards,

Muzaffar.A
    Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
    Good luck to all out there!!!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I also was notified that I will receive a refund of 349.01.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I'd like to know if anyone else has had success? I just spent 20 minutes listening to an Indian say "I understand you are frustrated, I would be too. We can only accept a return."
    So are you suggesting that were it not for an Indian, the response would have been different? Because if your not, then I fail to understand the relevance of mentioning the ethnicity/nationality of the customer service rep.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    My latest email:

Hello,

I realize our last message was disappointing news for you.

If you decide to return the HP TouchPad Tablet Computer and reorder, the return would be subject to our usual returns policy. Please visit Amazon.com - Returns Center for details.

Prices on some items may change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we can't honor new discounts for completed orders.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you; this is our policy at this time. We won't be able to comment on this issue further.

We hope to see you again at Amazon.com.

I'm committed to providing world class customer service. Please tell me how I did by clicking the appropriate link below.

Did I solve your problem?

[url removed]

If not, I'm very sorry. Please click the link below. You'll also have the opportunity to contact Amazon via phone for immediate help with this problem.

[url removed]

Best regards,

Sucharitha T.
    Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
    [url removed]
    Keep trying people! Don't give up!
    ElizaRenn likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    So are you suggesting that were it not for an Indian, the response would have been different? Because if your not, then I fail to understand the relevance of mentioning the ethnicity/nationality of the customer service rep.
    I can not speak for nyquistjack, but I have made comments like that before, simply pointing out where I believe my call has landed.

Amazon =
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    I just used the "call me" function on Amazon's website. When they called (immediately), I asked the associate for a price adjustment down to the current price. I didn't say what that price was, because the website is currently showing a price of $337 for the 32G. The associate stated that I "qualify" for the "adjustment" and transferred me to another department that would credit me the amount. She didn't say how much. I was sure I'd get the boot from the receiving deparment, but sure enough, they credited my account back to the $149 price! Thanks Amazon!

I recommend that if you call and don't get the answer you're looking for, keep calling..
    I used the contact me button, went into a chat with a customer rep (Ejaas) and asked for a price adjustment on my Aug 19th purchase (TP/32G). I was credited over $300 to bring my purchase dow to 149. No hedging, just an immediate adjustment from Amazon. A nice experience.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast