Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    Obviously different folks are getting different results. After Customer Service rep checked with supervisor, I was first offered the opportunity to return everything, which could work, but more work involved for all. Rep was very apologetic, saying that was best he could do. I persisted (very politely), and he said he would check one more time with a supervisor. Came back and said he could do it. Took about 20 minutes on the phone.

My order # is 103-2950109-7531437.

Good luck all
    Thank you, I will be calling later with this information, if I get a good result, I'll place my order number in the pile as well.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    June 20th
    Saltcreep, can you please post your order number here? This will definitely help others in their fight to get their partial refunds. Thank you!!!
    Obviously different folks are getting different results. After Customer Service rep checked with supervisor, I was first offered the opportunity to return everything, which could work, but more work involved for all. Rep was very apologetic, saying that was best he could do. I persisted (very politely), and he said he would check one more time with a supervisor. Came back and said he could do it. Took about 20 minutes on the phone.

Good luck all
    when did you purchase yours?
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    when did you purchase yours?
    I think Tim Dugan's is a preorder... which will help me out a ton.

Good luck all
    The key to your success is highlighted above!!! It's my experience that if you are patient with the CSR's they will reward you or do their best to. Amazon did it for me with the initial price drops. I got my $599 purchase price refunded to the $559 price when it first started to drop. They can (and will) do that for you if you are...like Tim Dugan....POLITE about it.

I'm gonna hold off on calling Amazon and ask for a refund (for a third time) until another person or two post their order #'s. I'm hoping for some ammunition. Thanks to all who are posting on this!

blessings...
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by indivisibletears View Post
    The key to your success is highlighted above!!! It's my experience that if you are patient with the CSR's they will reward you or do their best to. Amazon did it for me with the initial price drops. I got my $599 purchase price refunded to the $559 price when it first started to drop. They can (and will) do that for you if you are...like Tim Dugan....POLITE about it.

I'm gonna hold off on calling Amazon and ask for a refund (for a third time) until another person or two post their order #'s. I'm hoping for some ammunition. Thanks to all who are posting on this!

blessings...
    I'd like to believe that being politely persistent would be the key. I tried calling Amazon earlier today, and after 45 minutes of politely persisting, I got nowhere. My sister was in the room the whole time, and she (who works at an orientation office and has to deal with angry parents all the time) said that I was one of the most difficult to deal with: someone who is rational, yet extremely persistent about what I'm trying to get. I asked if I were being rude or yelling (as I was pretty angry, but tried not to express that), and she said I wasn't. So that is not the only key. I will either be calling tonight or tomorrow, and hope to add my order number to the list.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    joen,

I understand what you mean. I've called twice already with no luck. I guess what I was trying to do was encourage people to not call with the expectation of having to get angry and immediately go on the offensive. I think that if more of us are polite and rational - the more of us will succeed at receiving a refund.

The CSR's really are just reading from a screen and telling us what Amazon policy is. It usually isn't their fault if you don't get what you want. Don't shoot the messenger....
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Friday night I spoke to Amazon via chat. They gave me a full refund. I ordered it July 11. Order #102-0787072-3621059
    Just happened for me through chat as well. I was on the phone with a rep and she told me she wasnt going to speak with me because someone had just processed it. Good Luck and keep at it.

Order#105-4908135-6326645
    Order Date: June 23 2011
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by lekiare View Post
    Friday night I spoke to Amazon via chat. They gave me a full refund. I ordered it July 11. Order #102-0787072-3621059
    Are you returning it?

Amazon has stated that they will provide full refunds for returns even for the preorders. I'd like to see them refund the difference between the purchase price and HP's fire sale price. That is what HP was doing and was instructing its retail partners to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Sure they can.

But if you believed what people were saying, nobody was even interested in the TouchPad in the first place.

As it is, it seems like a lot of people were keeping an eye on the TouchPad's price - which means that a lot of people WERE interested and merely didn't want to pay the full price for it... which has always been one of webOS' biggest problems: the reciprocal "well I'll see whether anybody else buys it and if they don't I won't either" effect that has historically resulted in the chicken-and-egg "no users, no apps / no apps, no users" paradox.

Now we've got a lot of webOS devices in peoples' hands, which will turn out to be a fantastic thing for the platform going forward -- [b]if OEMs pick it up[/i]. It's all moot if nobody does, because then webOS will, indeed, truly be dead.

But that's a situation I don't even want to think about... having used Android and iOS extensively, I can say with some certainty that I'd hate to be forced to use either privately.
    I suppose I'm like a Mac user - even if my platform of choice is severely lacking in terms of how many programs are available and doesn't have any marketshare to speak of, and regardless of how many people have said that my platform is doomed to die over the course of the years, I like my platform because I consider its UX to be far superior to anything else on the market.
    You can't really be suggesting that everyone who got one was waiting on a reduced price? $99 for the touchpad is a price, if the device wasn't just EOL'd, would have never came to it.

At $99 it becomes an impulse buy. I know people who bought it who literlly have never used WebOS. Would they have bought it at even $200? It certinaly would not have generated interest that a $99 tablet did....hell, at $200 I still wouldn't own one myself.

At $99 its an impulse buy...a $99 good tablet is much more attractive than a $500 awesome tablet.

(yes yes i know many people here think the Touchpad is better than the iPad2...but the mass population does not).

EDIT: Just to note, i too would hate to be trapped in iOS world but even hardware aside, if you gave me $500 to buy a tablet, the Touchpad, from what i've used for it so far, would not beat out the iPad...the iPad simply has a ton more polish and knowing that the notifications are FINALLY being improved just makes it more attractive.

A honeycomb tablet on the other hand I could make an argument for but would still go honeycomb even if HP didn't annoyance what they did simply because even before that, HP gave me no reason to put faith behind WebOS again.

But at $99, i'm in...a good digital picture frame cost more than that.
  12.    #32  
    It was a preorder in June.
    Thanks for all of the helpful information! I was able to get a price adjustment refund from Amazon. They didn't argue or anything!
    It was a preorder in June.
    Quick update to this. I just called Amazon again and referenced the two orders that have had confirmed successful partial refunds and this is what I found out:

Tim Dugan, your order 103-2950109-7531437, they are expecting you to return the product, not a partial refund. I informed them that this is not what the rep told you, and if this is what they think, they need to contact you because that's not what you're expecting.

Mikevember, your order 105-4908135-6326645, they said that your partial refund request has been requested, but will likely not be granted due to Amazon's precise wording on the refund policy for the HP Touchpad. I told them that this is not likely what the rep informed you.

They are escalating this further, and will be calling me back in roughly 30 minutes to 1 hour to discuss this more. I was on the phone for nearly 45 minutes.

This is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpmom View Post
    Thanks for all of the helpful information! I was able to get a price adjustment refund from Amazon. They didn't argue or anything!
    Can you please put your order number / order date in this thread or PM me with this? We will need all the ammunition we can get, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Tim Dugan, your order 103-2950109-7531437, they are expecting you to return the product, not a partial refund. I informed them that this is not what the rep told you, and if this is what they think, they need to contact you because that's not what you're expecting.
    I was told that this was for a partial refund but for an amount smaller than the refund I was expecting.

My refund is showing up on my order page now, so I will let you know later this week or next week if it has hit my account.

The email I received
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on hp Touchpad. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $450. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.
    Keep calling, dont wait for call backs, I was promised those as well. There are tons of call centers, apparently you just need to find the one that will grant you your refund.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I was told that this was for a partial refund but for an amount smaller than the refund I was expecting.

My refund is showing up on my order page now, so I will let you know later this week or next week if it has hit my account.

The email I received

Keep calling, dont wait for call backs, I was promised those as well. There are tons of call centers, apparently you just need to find the one that will grant you your refund.
    Thanks Mikevember, I'll give it about another half hour and call again. This is far more stressful than it needs to be.
    I sent them another email. This time a referenced the email posted above but didn't actually give them the order number (make them look for it themselves). I basically told them I am appalled by this inconsistent refund policy. I told them that I have been a long time amazon.com shopper but their refusal to provide the same price match service their competitors (walmart, Best Buy, etc) are providing is making me question my shopping habits.

I then reminded them it would be cheaper for them to price match than to pay for my return shipping, pay for the full refund, and then turn around and sell the device for $99.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Quick update to this. I just called Amazon again and referenced the two orders that have had confirmed successful partial refunds and this is what I found out:

Mikevember, your order 105-4908135-6326645, they said that your partial refund request has been requested, but will likely not be granted due to Amazon's precise wording on the refund policy for the HP Touchpad. I told them that this is not likely what the rep informed you.

They are escalating this further, and will be calling me back in roughly 30 minutes to 1 hour to discuss this more. I was on the phone for nearly 45 minutes.

This is ridiculous.
    This is the reason I haven't posted my order number. I received confirmation from Amazon of my $450 adjustment for the difference via email today (32G), but will wait until I see the money in my account before drawing attention to it, in case they try to screw me out of it. joen05 and mikevember, I'm happy to answer all questions about how it went down today, and will definitely post my order number in this thread when I see the funds have hit my account. Not trying to be a **** but it doesn't help anyone if they end up reversing my xaction just to prove a point. If it goes through, everyone can legitimately reference it..
    After two hours I got a 400 dollar credit.
    sara.ramli likes this.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast