Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree48Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lagoldste View Post
    July 1
    So I could have kept my touchpad and not sent it on last week. Mine was bought on July 25. I did get a new touchpad from Onsale so I am OK. I am just unhappy that the change in refund policy did not come in time, I now have to install all the patches on my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Procrastination pays off!!! For the past 2 weeks I've been planning on calling in to Amazon to get an RMA, but news of the refund really just made my week
    Quote Originally Posted by lagoldste View Post
    I got one, too:

!!!! *bounce*
    Wholly sht!!!!! Me too. Happy freakig dance. after getting splashtop I was getting very depressed about returning my touchpad...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I bought mine using an Amazon gift card. I have already received the $400 on my account. I could use it this moment if I wanted.
    The timing is awfully suspicious. *I, too, am still angry about all the hours and stress that went in to buying a new TP so I could return the Amazon one. *And then a little more time to get around the $120 restocking fee. *And now, the day they announce their Fire, they get "customer-centric" again? *I'll never be loyal to them.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Got the same refund email today (for $486) after being denied twice a few weeks ago. I pre-ordered before July 1.
    Last edited by lordbah; 09/28/2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added amount
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I had actually just created a refund/return order and got the email with my packing slip info. 11 minutes later I got the email from Amazon about the refund. Maybe I tipped the scale.
    Heck yeah....I just saw my email and I literally sang aloud!

Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Kudos to Amazon for actually coming through on this. However, I am critical of how long this took. There were many a Touchpad fan that returned theirs and may still be looking for one because of Amazon's previous stance.

I was lucky to get my refund early, but I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't done that for me.
    I got my refund yesterday by simply posting an email via the Contact Us link in Amazon Help. I cited my order number and requested the refund based on the HP repricing. Within 12 hours, I got an email notifying that a refund of $444.88 was being posted to my credit card account. No questions asked.
    Has anyone found out if this will be the case for new orders? Id order from them if I knew they would refund the diffrence.
    I called Amazon Customer Service today just to express my frustration about being told "no" on the refund and then seeing everyone else get one. She obviously didn't get it, nor did her supervisor. Nor did the person who sent me this email:
    Hello,

With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

(name removed)
    Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

Wow, what a cluster-bomb amazon is with this issue.

Sent my TP back for full refund since they would not price match. Looked up my refund credit and they gave me a PARTIAL refund. Sigh!
    I see pandas.
    Wow, what a cluster-bomb amazon is with this issue.

Sent my TP back for full refund since they would not price match. Looked up my refund credit and they gave me a PARTIAL refund. Sigh!$2
    I went through that, too. I went to customer service chat and pasted quotes from their original email that indicated "full refund". It wasn't too hard to get them to refund an amount equal to the PARTIAL. Keep trying.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011