Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By deesugar
  1.    #1  
    I have been out of pocket for 2 weeks and haven't checked on the touchpad revolution. I am very surprised at what has happened. I never thought it would get this bad and i think it is really sad...
    Yes, it is sad to see it go.

Wait a minute, I just remembered I'm a brand new user who just bought a TP.
    I see nothing bad about it. Have you seen webosroundup's latest article about developers chiming in on their weekend sales? And I would say about 75% of the people who got a TP over the weekend havent even received one yet! Stand by, a tidal wave ensues.
  4.    #4  
    im seriously still in shock. crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    I see nothing bad about it. Have you seen webosroundup's latest article about developers chiming in on their weekend sales? And I would say about 75% of the people who got a TP over the weekend havent even received one yet! Stand by, a tidal wave ensues.
    you see NOTHING bad about it?

I wish i could have your general optimism.
    Stand by, a tidal wave ensues.
    And then the water will just lie there and grow stagnant, a cyber-malaria outbreak waiting to happen, since every piece of webOS hardware that will ever be made has been sold as of this week. No hardware manufacturer will want to touch it after this, especially since the webOS tablet experience has been devalued to $99-$149 in the eyes of consumers. No one bought them at full price, and there is no profit in selling them under $200.

It will be an interesting few months, for sure, but then it's off to the fringes like all the other abandoned tech.
    I feel sorry for all you webOS and Palm dedicated users, really I do. I don't really know what it's like to have a product that you love and have invested in that was just abandoned (esp. you devs!)... However, the majority (90%?) of new touchpad users in the 2 weeks to come will most likely be first-time users (I'm part of that) without any other affiliation to Palm or webOS.

However, I do have a Palm IIIxe (and se) that I occacionally play pong or snake on. :P I can still hear the beeps and the bops of the ball rebounding from my childhood! Gah!

This community is going to be swamped and changed by this. I GUARANTEE this especially because of an unsupported tablet that a LOT of people now (or soon will) have, mostly geeks and twinkers, that want homebrew etc.

We'll see for the better or not, and in what ways, soon enough. Let's not be judging optimistically or pessimistically.
    That's pretty optimistic.

I'm a first time user and have quickly grown to be a fan of the OS. It does need some work, though. Android and Apple have some key capabilities it lacks. And then there are the shortcomings of the app market.

I'd consider buying another WebOS device if they made some improvements, but who is going to want to make the investment in doing that? The problem isn't just coming out with a quality product. You've got to make the public aware of it and also convince them to leave an established OS. This is very difficult to do, since one of the things that will attract people is the fact that they know people who are using a given system and want their stuff to be compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeharding View Post
    I feel sorry for all you webOS and Palm dedicated users, really I do. I don't really know what it's like to have a product that you love and have invested in that was just abandoned (esp. you devs!)... However, the majority (90%?) of new touchpad users in the 2 weeks to come will most likely be first-time users (I'm part of that) without any other affiliation to Palm or webOS.

However, I do have a Palm IIIxe (and se) that I occacionally play pong or snake on. :P I can still hear the beeps and the bops of the ball rebounding from my childhood! Gah!

This community is going to be swamped and changed by this. I GUARANTEE this especially because of an unsupported tablet that a LOT of people now (or soon will) have, mostly geeks and twinkers, that want homebrew etc.

We'll see for the better or not, and in what ways, soon enough. Let's not be judging optimistically or pessimistically.
    Looks like you couldn't find touchpad in this madness and talking all this BS here. go find some other place for BS.
    lol still classic uber defensive Precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    lol still classic uber defensive Precentral.
    We are the Spartans of the mobile device world
    I don't really think anyone really knows exactly what will happen next. I'm makin' some popcorn . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    We are the Spartans of the mobile device world
    THIS....IS....PRECENTRAL!!!!!

anyways, yes the past few days have neen nuts. Unbelievable even.