1.    #1  
    Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to connect the TouchPad to a PC so it can be used as a tablet input. I primarily want to use it for writing math using TeX Tablet.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Don't want to leave you out in the cold here with no answer whatsoever, so I'll say that I have not heard of anyone accomplishing this with the touchpad yet.
    I would recommend getting a Wacom tablet or similar. The Touchpad is really intended for finger nav, and the touch resolution isn't as fine as with an actual art tablet.

I have a Wacom Intuos4 S. Its a wired (USB) tablet, comes with both a mouse and a pen. Its very accurate and pressure sensitive. I can sign my name or write with the pen and it looks like I'm writing on a piece of paper. They aren't that expensive either. You can also get bluetooth tablets from Wacom as well. I think the model is called Bamboo.
    If you're not looking to spend a fortune on a Wacom (I really wish I could), I picked up a MonoPrice tablet for $40. It isn't super fancy or anything, but it does exactly what I need it to.

Also, I'm curious as to TeX Tablet...I tried searching and didn't get a single hit. Presumably they have a website. I've got some tricky algebra courses coming up and something that would make note taking easier is worth looking into....
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the input, guess I'll be looking at a legit input tablet. I was just curious in using a TouchPad because they're having a firesale at the local Best Buys and it'd be cool if I could get something significantly more powerful than a Wacom for the same price. Especially since people are already working on a Gingerbread and Honeycomb port. Also, for MercuryCrest, here is the website for TeX Tablet:

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~sl203/?id=39