1.    #1  
    I purchased my TP from office max Saturday and it unfortunately took me more than 24 hours to notice a defect in the build of unit. The screen is raise up above the plastic shell on the left side. I'd you you finger down the corner of the unit, you'll feel the raised plastic lip created by the plastic shell. On the left side of mine, the glass comes above this lip. Obviously this doesn't affect functionality but it still really bugs me. Since there's nothing left in stores, I can't swap it out.

Anyone else have issues with build quality?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Have you contacted HP about a manufacturers warranty?
    it still has the HP warranty, so HP can repair it for you.

but if it took that long to notice the first time, i'd just ignore it...
    Ah, that sucks. Personally I'd just return it if I can and try to get one somewhere online, or later from eBay.
  5.    #5  
    No I havent contacted HP yet. I have kind of a pessimistic Outlook of what they could possibly do in the wake of this liquidation. If I can find another one for the sale price, then I'll just return it.

On an unrelated note, this thing screams overclocked at 1.7GHZ! What a great deal!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    One of our TPs we got on Saturday has a bit of a defective power charging port. It was misaligned in the body and it was almost impossible to plug the charging cord into the TP. We finally got it after a few minutes of wiggling. Looks like we'll be picking up a Touchstone for sure.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    One of our TPs we got on Saturday has a bit of a defective power charging port. It was misaligned in the body and it was almost impossible to plug the charging cord into the TP. We finally got it after a few minutes of wiggling. Looks like we'll be picking up a Touchstone for sure.
    For your future reference and for anyone else with a broken port, it's possible to transfer files to and from your touchpad over wifi by setting up an FTP server on your touchpad. I've been doing it for months with my Pre- and I imagine the touchpad can do the same. I haven't plugged in my Pre- in months between the touchstones and FTP syncing.

Free method: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...filezilla.html

Paid method, but I haven't checked in on the features here in a long time:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire....wifimediasync
    I have the same screen defect on my new Touchpad. I called HP and they sent me a box to ship it in for "repair" (probably a swap). It sucks because it will probably take 7 days but better than waiting a month and realizing dust or something is getting under the screen.