webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide
New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide
Like Tree308Likes

Old 03/06/2013, 12:09 AM   #1041 (permalink)

I downloaded the webos doctor for my touchpad from the links given on wikipedia and it downloaded it as a winrar file. Whenever I decompress the file I get 3 different folders but I can't see a program or a software to run. I feel like I'm stuck !! PLEASE HELP!!
exeicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2013, 12:15 AM   #1042 (permalink)

The easiest way to Doctor your device is to log into your webOS profile on your computer, click on "Device Options", and then click "Get webOS Doctor". Follow the prompts to run.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2013, 12:21 AM   #1043 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeicker View Post
I downloaded the webos doctor for my touchpad from the links given on wikipedia and it downloaded it as a winrar file. Whenever I decompress the file I get 3 different folders but I can't see a program or a software to run. I feel like I'm stuck !! PLEASE HELP!!
What file extension does your winrar file has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 03/06/2013, 12:33 AM   #1044 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeicker View Post
Change the file extension to .jar and double click the file. Make sure you have java on ur PC.
mschumacher69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: exeicker
Old 03/06/2013, 12:33 AM   #1045 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
What file extension does your winrar file has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Archive WINRAR ZIP, that's what it says as the format type.
Old 03/06/2013, 12:40 AM   #1046 (permalink)

I believe I got it now!! THANKS!!
Old 04/10/2013, 07:21 AM   #1047 (permalink)

I need a little help. I just purchased a Touchpad that has dual boot. At the moboot screen it says it can boot both CM9 and Webos. It automatically goes to CM9 and I don't know how to allow for a boot in Webos. Can someone help me?
bryanhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2013, 07:57 AM   #1048 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhuffman View Post
I need a little help. I just purchased a Touchpad that has dual boot. At the moboot screen it says it can boot both CM9 and Webos. It automatically goes to CM9 and I don't know how to allow for a boot in Webos. Can someone help me?
Boot into webOS and go into Preware, then search for Cyboot.

Install it, then launch this program. now you can easily change the settings of moboot. Set the boot default to webOS and you're golden. You can also change the bootloader timeout to anywhere between 1 and 9 seconds. Set it to a slightly higher amount of seconds (I find 7 seconds is the sweet spot) and now you'll be auto-booting into webOS and have a slightly greater amount of time for any selections when MOBOOT loads.

Do be careful in cyboot however, do not fiddle with the other settings and don't ask the touchpad to "boot into cyanomod on next boot" as these settings can cause the touchpad to skip moboot on reboot and make it difficult to return to webOS without doctoring etc. You've been warned.

Source: CM9 on the Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide!
You can always use the Thanks and/or Like button if you think my post was useful

Last edited by mschumacher69; 04/10/2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04/10/2013, 08:34 AM   #1049 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumacher69 View Post
Boot into webOS and go into Preware, then search for Cyboot.

Install it, then launch this program. now you can easily change the settings of moboot. Set the boot default to webOS and you're golden. You can also change the bootloader timeout to anywhere between 1 and 9 seconds. Set it to a slightly higher amount of seconds (I find 7 seconds is the sweet spot) and now you'll be auto-booting into webOS and have a slightly greater amount of time for any selections when MOBOOT loads.

Do be careful in cyboot however, do not fiddle with the other settings and don't ask the touchpad to "boot into cyanomod on next boot" as these settings can cause the touchpad to skip moboot on reboot and make it difficult to return to webOS without doctoring etc. You've been warned.

Source: CM9 on the Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide!
mschumacher69, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I can't even get it to boot into WebOs in order to change it. It automatically boots into CM9 without giving me an option. It counts down at the startup menu, but doesn't allow for changes.

Is there a way to change it in CM9?
Old 04/10/2013, 08:40 AM   #1050 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhuffman View Post
mschumacher69, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I can't even get it to boot into WebOs in order to change it. It automatically boots into CM9 without giving me an option. It counts down at the startup menu, but doesn't allow for changes.

Is there a way to change it in CM9?
You have to scroll up or down to webOS using the Volume rocker and then press the Home button to boot it.
You can always use the Thanks and/or Like button if you think my post was useful

Last edited by mschumacher69; 04/10/2013 at 08:47 AM.
Liked by bryanhuffman likes this.
Thanked By: bryanhuffman
Old 04/10/2013, 10:43 AM   #1051 (permalink)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I understand what I was doing incorrectly. I appreciate your help very much!
Old 04/11/2013, 07:33 PM   #1052 (permalink)

I have a new question. I have Webos and CM9 on my new HP Touchpad. I am able to connect my Touchpad to my computer when I am in CM9 with no problem. However, when I try to connect to my computer when I am in Webos, my computer wants to format the Touchpad. I have not allowed it to format for fear that I will destroy something I don't want to destroy. How do I connect my Webos to my computer to access files and put music on my Webos?
Old 04/12/2013, 08:36 AM   #1053 (permalink)

This is weird. If you open a File Manager app on CM9 (like File Expert), can you access your SD Card under folders?
Old 04/12/2013, 10:06 AM   #1054 (permalink)

Please be patient with me. The Apps that I have do not have a File Manager or File Expert. It does have Settings and Terminal Emulator. I viewed Settings and in the folder for Apps, it did give me access to the "On SD Card". The Storage folder displayed the "SD Card" and gave me access to "Apps", "Audio", and "Downloads" with the option to "Erase SD Card"(of all data). Is this what you are asking?
Old 04/12/2013, 10:19 AM   #1055 (permalink)

Yes, your SD Card should be OK then. Try installing a File Manager from the Play Store and see if you can access the SD Card to confirm.
Old 04/12/2013, 12:21 PM   #1056 (permalink)

I got File Manager (for CM9) and File Explorer (for WebOS) and am able to access the SD Card. It still asks me to "Format" drive when (in WebOS) I try to access the SD Card on my computer (Windows 7). What now?

Last edited by bryanhuffman; 04/12/2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04/12/2013, 12:49 PM   #1057 (permalink)

Your SD Card seems to be fine, I'm not sure why it's asking you to format it when you connect from webOS. If you can access it from your PC when on CM9, transfer the files you want when on CM9 and then boot into webOS and you'll find them there in webOS.
Old 04/12/2013, 01:19 PM   #1058 (permalink)

Thanks. The main reason why I was concerned was that I was planning on Installing Preware Homebrew and it needs to be computer accessible. Do you have any suggestions?
Old 04/12/2013, 01:50 PM   #1059 (permalink)

You don't need to access your sd card to install preware, when u connect ur touchpad to the pc on webos, don't select usb drive and then install preware from wosqi.
Old 04/12/2013, 01:51 PM   #1060 (permalink)

Will my computer or Touchpad recognize each other in order to do that?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0