webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide
New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide
Like Tree308Likes

Old 10/08/2012, 11:21 AM   #1001 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernator View Post
actually, I had figured it all out and was able to install.
How did you get it to work, I'm having the same problems.
wevudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2012, 12:44 AM   #1002 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wevudo View Post
How did you get it to work, I'm having the same problems.

Assuming you already have these files: Universal Novacom Installer, WebOSDoctor, and WOSQI 4.4.0

Then, run the Universal Novacom Installer.

When prompted, click Select File button and point towards the WebOSDoctor file already downloaded.

After driver installation, developer mode is enabled in the Device and connected to PC.

Run the WOSQI 4.4.0 and click the third button (globe button) on the right side. All available files will be downloaded.

Select the Preware and install it.

All the above actions are done in PC. Hope this helps! Good luck!
bimmernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2012, 11:23 PM   #1003 (permalink)

guys i did most of the essential stuff in the first post back in late 2011 when i bought the touchpad, but i've been so busy with school and work that i never really had time to fiddle around with it until just now. has a lot changed since i followed the "get started" guide?

also, is there a newer version of cm9 coming soon? i'd like to get it installed this weekend, but i'd be willing to wait if a newer, better version is coming sometime soon.
Spaceman Spliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2012, 08:18 AM   #1004 (permalink)

From the last I heard is that the CM9 version is still the same "officially". Now there is a series of nightly builds that you could use, but I think the latest stable one hasnt change in a while.

Also there was some talk about CM10 for the TP, but I have not seen any posts about it on here.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
DJeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2012, 11:29 PM   #1005 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
From the last I heard is that the CM9 version is still the same "officially". Now there is a series of nightly builds that you could use, but I think the latest stable one hasnt change in a while.

Also there was some talk about CM10 for the TP, but I have not seen any posts about it on here.
thanks man. do you know if i should re-do the get started guide since i did it back in late 2011? has anything significantly changed from the op in this thread?
Old 10/20/2012, 12:12 PM   #1006 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
thanks man. do you know if i should re-do the get started guide since i did it back in late 2011? has anything significantly changed from the op in this thread?
Open Source has been released... So far no word on ports for TP.

However, prior to that HP released an updated LunaSys that Internals turned into CE (Community Edition) and you can try out the updated Luna here: LunaCE 4.x
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2012, 07:08 PM   #1007 (permalink)

Similar to Spaceman Spliff, I'm just getting my TP back up running again after about 8 months of it lying dormant.

What to do?
Ok, so I'm still running webOS on it, which does all the music and photo stuff I currently need, as well as email basic surf etc.
But as I pay for Netflix, I really want to use the TP for that, and not via Splashtop
Also would like to watch BBC iplayer and ITV player.

Is this possible? Practical?
I feel like there is so much more I could be doing with it, but am not the most tech savvy person to the point where I fear bricking it if I mess about too much.

Thanks in advance
stulec52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2012, 07:45 PM   #1008 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Open Source has been released... So far no word on ports for TP.

However, prior to that HP released an updated LunaSys that Internals turned into CE (Community Edition) and you can try out the updated Luna here: LunaCE 4.x
can you give me a layman's version of what lunasys does? i tried googling it and all im getting is a buncha nerdspeak that i'm too dumb to understand

also, is there a superawesome faq/"get started guide" for installing lunasys? i dont even know what this "beta-woce feed" or tweaks is

Last edited by Spaceman Spliff; 10/23/2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10/23/2012, 10:21 PM   #1009 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
can you give me a layman's version of what lunasys does? i tried googling it and all im getting is a buncha nerdspeak that i'm too dumb to understand

also, is there a superawesome faq/"get started guide" for installing lunasys? i dont even know what this "beta-woce feed" or tweaks is
Lunasys controls the UI (user interface) and its reactions to your input. There's lots of nice new card manipulations in there. I left a link in my previous post.

I'm on day two with my TP and loving the new card gestures.

*shrug* I don't believe I'm terribly advanced beyond mediocre understanding of what Developers actually do - but I found it fairly easy to follow the first post in the thread (LunaCE 4.x) and get the install done. Tweaks then assists in setting up the new gestures and card behaviors.

Also... Yes this is an awesome thread and the first post here is wonderfully written.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Spaceman Spliff
Old 10/29/2012, 03:55 PM   #1010 (permalink)

quick question:
ive been trying to find some of the software listed in the OP on preware and i cant find them. i'll open up preware, click applications and do a search all for "touchplayer" or "remove me", which are both listed as being in preware, but nothing comes up. any ideas?
Old 11/03/2012, 05:50 PM   #1011 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulec52 View Post
Similar to Spaceman Spliff, I'm just getting my TP back up running again after about 8 months of it lying dormant.

What to do?
Ok, so I'm still running webOS on it, which does all the music and photo stuff I currently need, as well as email basic surf etc.
But as I pay for Netflix, I really want to use the TP for that, and not via Splashtop
Also would like to watch BBC iplayer and ITV player.

Is this possible? Practical?
I feel like there is so much more I could be doing with it, but am not the most tech savvy person to the point where I fear bricking it if I mess about too much.

Thanks in advance
I also keep reading about Android.
but I can't find good information on what version to try, and how if I don't like it to revert back to webOS

anyone?
Old 11/03/2012, 06:04 PM   #1012 (permalink)

Quote:
I also keep reading about Android.
but I can't find good information on what version to try, and how if I don't like it to revert back to webOS

anyone?
Here's a whole forum for you:

http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
Old 11/03/2012, 06:12 PM   #1013 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
great thank you.

I just want to really get some use out of my TP, poor thing never gets played with
Old 11/09/2012, 06:47 AM   #1014 (permalink)

Quote:
great thank you.

I just want to really get some use out of my TP, poor thing never gets played with
Make the jump. Just make sure you install one of the latest nightly for CM9 (right now there isn't really a stable jelly bean release, but the ICS release is basically complete and rock-solid-stable).

ICS on the TP is so good at this point that I haven't touched webOS in ages (and I have webOS tweaked like -crazy- to make it as capable as possible - it just can't really hold a candle to my tweaked ICS setup). Netflix works beautifully, everything works beautifully. My TP has basically become my 3 year old's daily driver, but I still pick it up every so often when I'm lounging on the couch. Perfect for general use and easily as capable as any tablet currently on the market in almost every single way (although the new ipad screens can give you pixel-envy).

It's sad to see webOS slipping away, but that's the nature of technological advancement. Hell, I finally gave up my hacked frankenpre 2. Swapped up to a galaxy nexus. Of course, in true form, the first thing I did was gutted my old pre backplate to add inductive charging to this nexus - can't live without my touchstone .

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html

If you find anything I do here is useful, please feel free to
!!!

Long Live webOS and our Palm gear!
ncinerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2012, 08:02 AM   #1015 (permalink)

I will probably go to ICS on my TP but right now I use it with my headless Mac Mini via Splashtop HD. Works pretty good that way and still have full TP functionality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE using Tapatalk 2
narvarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 12:14 AM   #1016 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
Make the jump. Just make sure you install one of the latest nightly for CM9 (right now there isn't really a stable jelly bean release, but the ICS release is basically complete and rock-solid-stable).

ICS on the TP is so good at this point that I haven't touched webOS in ages (and I have webOS tweaked like -crazy- to make it as capable as possible - it just can't really hold a candle to my tweaked ICS setup). Netflix works beautifully, everything works beautifully. My TP has basically become my 3 year old's daily driver, but I still pick it up every so often when I'm lounging on the couch. Perfect for general use and easily as capable as any tablet currently on the market in almost every single way (although the new ipad screens can give you pixel-envy).

It's sad to see webOS slipping away, but that's the nature of technological advancement. Hell, I finally gave up my hacked frankenpre 2. Swapped up to a galaxy nexus. Of course, in true form, the first thing I did was gutted my old pre backplate to add inductive charging to this nexus - can't live without my touchstone .
I'm really not confident I could do the change to Android myself, it really needs to be a one click deal for me.
I don't actually understand yet what nightly build means :">
I will read more about it though and do want to try.
thanks again
Old 01/07/2013, 03:52 PM   #1017 (permalink)

Thanks for imparting all this useful knowledge. I'm anticipating the arrival of my HP Touchpad any day now and am getting a jump on digesting info about all the things I'll be able to do to it to make it mine. So glad to have found the WebOS Nation...
Old 02/16/2013, 01:25 AM   #1018 (permalink)

Have new TP 4G recd unlocked which has Web OS 3.0.1. I Wanted to update to latest 3.0.5 without affecting sim unlock.
Pl advice I can use webos doctor and will remain the device still sim unlocked.

Thanks,
chandra2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 09:02 AM   #1019 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yes it will remain unlocked

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 02/23/2013, 09:03 PM   #1020 (permalink)
Tazmorator

I bought this:
FS: New sealed HP Touchpad 32GB w/ Folio Case $215 Shipped

I'm anxiously excited.

I'm hoping it gets delivered early this coming week.

First on my list will be to get Android up and running.
Then, I'm going to ease myself into webOS.
I've never really used webOS, so I have hopes that it'll do most of my wants/needs.
If not, I'll still have android to fall back on.

I've been content with Android on my Thunderbolt.

So, I had better get reading up in these forums.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0