Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    When I close apps (cards), the TP now makes a different sound. It used to make a wooosh type sound and now it's more rattled. Did one of the patches do this and if yes, which one (I like the old sound more)?
    Quote Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc00ter
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the great post as I this tablet thing is so overwhelming.
    I have a question about the web browser. It seems if I want to check hotmail for some reason the touchpad doesn't work with msn (silverlight). are there any other browser options out there? thanks
    How To: Set Up Your MSN or Hotmail Email Account on the HP TouchPad | TouchPad Talk

How To: Set Up Your MSN or Hotmail Email Account On The HP TouchPad Using Microsoft Exchange | TouchPad Talk

That should get your hotmail working

thanks for your reply but I was referring to checking hotmail via the hp browser. I was successful in setting it up hotmail via the 'email set up' but since the TouchPad is shared I don't want others to be able to access my email. If I go onto hotmail.com it allows me to enter my email and password but then I get an error message from msn saying I can access my email.

Haha, thanks, but I can't handle the change :-)
    I have contacted Silverlight to see if they can recommend anything. I find it pretty amazing is this day and age that I can't access my email using a normal browser. I guess it's like Apple and Flash ;=}
  3. DS3
    There is a fix to get Hulu working that Id thought Id let you know about, new users might want to do it.

Heres the guide I followed, its kind of poorly written but it definitely works. Just hexediting the flashplayer to identify itself as windows.. very easy to reverse if it causes any problems (dont think it does).
    Touchpad Hulu Block Bypassed - Pastebin.com
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by DS3 View Post
    There is a fix to get Hulu working that Id thought Id let you know about, new users might want to do it.

Heres the guide I followed, its kind of poorly written but it definitely works. Just hexediting the flashplayer to identify itself as windows.. very easy to reverse if it causes any problems (dont think it does).
    Touchpad Hulu Block Bypassed - Pastebin.com
    HAHA, this works a treat.

I was actually JUST in the process of searching through novacom looking for the libflashplayer.so file so I could attempt a manual change (I had a file from android that I thought might work).

This works -perfectly-.
    Ive installed alot of the patches etc. and would like to overclock but for some reason Uberkernel does not show up in the list of things available to install. Anyone know why? I installed Govnah already
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by m1dwestrep View Post
    Ive installed alot of the patches etc. and would like to overclock but for some reason Uberkernel does not show up in the list of things available to install. Anyone know why? I installed Govnah already
    It's in the available packages/kernels tab, or should be.

If you're not seeing it there, I'm not sure why...
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    check your apps tabs, you might have already installed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    It's in the available packages/kernels tab, or should be.

If you're not seeing it there, I'm not sure why...
    I have never saw it listed anywhere under kernals, application, etc.
  9.    #149  
    I have never saw it listed anywhere under kernals, application, etc.
    you could try surfing and downloading it manually...

Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/
    Are you checking on your computer or on your touchpad. For me there is a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by snooks570 View Post
    Are you checking on your computer or on your touchpad. For me there is a difference.
    checking on my computer using the WebOS ap
    I just want to say thank you for putting this guide together. It's great to have a list to go off of and my touchpad is ready to go in a big way.
    Get it on the Preware app on your TP. I was confused the same way.
    My install for has been stuck at 8% for 40 minutes?

Is that normal? It got to 8% and stopped.

Running Windows 7 34 bit on a HP Media Center PC

The touchpad is dark other than the Hp logo in the center
  15.    #155  
    I went ahead and added some new content to the original post as well - such as how to set up ORB for media streaming to the touchpad, and how to get Hulu/BBC Iplayer radio working.
    Ncinerate;

Is there a way to force the screen to flip when watching a movie (or amazon VOD, etc) so that I can have the speakers facing up??
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This guide was fantastic, thanks for all the work put into it. I'll definitely share it with all my friends that were lucky enough to snag TouchPads.

Only thing that's really been bothering me about this thing is the lack of websites that are formatted for it. What I really wish I could do is change the user agent to spoof an iPad, since so many sites are already optimized for that. If anyone's found a way to do it, I'd appreciate it. I haven't been able to find anything so far.
    So I was adding feeds and by mistake I typed and added ipkj instead of ipkg...now how do I delete/edit those two preware feeds?

Thanks
    Can't find these from the recommended list. Where are they at?

Increase Touchpad Volume (lite)
    Audiophile
    Facebook needs to be on that list as well... it's a beautiful app. Although missing chat? I could really use a facebook messaging app...
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast