Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlxdiplomat View Post
    how do you get rid of the password for dev mode?

i made a bad choice and added a password :*(

now when i try to leave it blank, it says i ant leave it blank.
    As I've said, your only option to get rid of the password at that point is to do a full webos doctor reset. Instructions are in the initial post.

That's why I try to make it clear not to set a password. I'll add even more bold around this in the original post ;p.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I cannot get my computer to recognize this device. Win 7 64-bit. I have it plugged in and the Doctor open, but it's not recognizing it. I restarted the device whilst still plugged in, but it still didn't recognize it.

What am I doing wrong here? :\

EDIT: Scratch that. I figured it out. Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by Shamrock; 08/24/2011 at 10:55 PM.
    shamrock you need to put the touchpad in storage mode first. Turn off the TP, put usb cable on the TP, hold volume up while turning on the TP. This should bring up USB picture on the TP. Once you are at this point, run the webos doctor all the way to where "Next" button is greyed out and plug in the TP. this should update the TP to 3.0.2
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vladoski View Post
    shamrock you need to put the touchpad in storage mode first. Turn off the TP, put usb cable on the TP, hold volume up while turning on the TP. This should bring up USB picture on the TP. Once you are at this point, run the webos doctor all the way to where "Next" button is greyed out and plug in the TP. this should update the TP to 3.0.2
    I didn't realize that the first time apparently. I didn't know it had to be in that mode. Thank you for the quick reply! I really appreciate it.
    Everyone installing all 34 patches (except for choosing one ad blocker)?
    Hi all, I have a few general quick questions about my hp touchpad that people might be able to help me with...

1. I have synced my hotmail accound by the general email account, but my personal folders do not show up once synced...they do for my gmail account though. Do I have to set up differently???

2. I am wanting Web UI for torrents on the touchpad...can anyone point me in the right direction for this???

3. When I go into buy apps in the HP app catalog it is emtpy, should we be able to purchase apps yet???

4. Facebook tablet app does not seem to have a chat option and the Messaging App provided on the touchpad does not have a facebook option...how can we facebook chat on touchpads???

5. General AVI files do not show up...I know mp4 works and I have used a converter to convert a large AVI file to a smaller avi file format with mp3 sound and it works but can normal avi files not work???

6. Silly question, but if you use a micro usb to female usb, then plug a usb stick into the touchpad will it work???

Thanks to anyone that helps with these...
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markcincotta View Post
    Hi all, I have a few general quick questions about my hp touchpad that people might be able to help me with...

3. When I go into buy apps in the HP app catalog it is emtpy, should we be able to purchase apps yet???

Thanks to anyone that helps with these...
    #3, you might want to check out this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...d-country.html
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by markcincotta View Post

1. I have synced my hotmail accound by the general email account, but my personal folders do not show up once synced...they do for my gmail account though. Do I have to set up differently???
    I don't use hotmail etc so I can't speak on a solution to this. Gmail works because it is practically baked into the touchpad. Perhaps someone with more experience on this can chime in with their thoughts.

2. I am wanting Web UI for torrents on the touchpad...can anyone point me in the right direction for this???
    The way -I- handle this is by using Utorrent's built in web UI.

Set up Utorrent normally. Now go into Utorrent's options, then preferences, then the "WEB UI" tab. Enable the Web UI. Add a username and password.

Next, you'll need to know what port Utorrent is using. Click on the "Connection" tab, write down the port used for incoming connections.

Finally, you'll need to know the IP address of the computer running Utorrent. Go to What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More to get this.

So let's say for example your port was 30000, and your ip address was 155.555.55.5. You would open up your touchpad's web browser, and type into the URL bar:

155.555.55.5:30000/gui

It will prompt you for your name/password. Enter it, and poof, a full blown usable WEB UI at your disposal .

I am able to purchase apps etc, you should be able to as well. What do you mean it's empty? Are you in the US or another country? Explain this better please.

4. Facebook tablet app does not seem to have a chat option and the Messaging App provided on the touchpad does not have a facebook option...how can we facebook chat on touchpads???
    The built-in facebook app isn't as well polished as I would like. It lacks chat capabilities at this point. Honestly, I believe it's better to simply go to your regular web browser and surf to Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More. You will be able to chat there just as if you were utilizing a normal computer.

5. General AVI files do not show up...I know mp4 works and I have used a converter to convert a large AVI file to a smaller avi file format with mp3 sound and it works but can normal avi files not work???
    Try touchplayer.

You can download the IPK file here:

http://www.precentral.net/touchplayer

Install it with webOS quick install. Once installed, go into preware and make sure you install Jason's Homebrew Javascript Framework. Now reboot the touchpad. The application should be in your downloads tab ready to be used. Runs just about any video on the planet, but don't expect high-speed playback of a 1080P mkv file.

It should also be available inside preware soon (the current touchplayer in preware isnt working, it won't let you install).

6. Silly question, but if you use a micro usb to female usb, then plug a usb stick into the touchpad will it work???
    I've heard time and again that this does not work. I haven't personally verified it, but the consensus seems to be NO.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 08/25/2011 at 12:27 AM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc00ter
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the great post as I this tablet thing is so overwhelming.
    I have a question about the web browser. It seems if I want to check hotmail for some reason the touchpad doesn't work with msn (silverlight). are there any other browser options out there? thanks
    How To: Set Up Your MSN or Hotmail Email Account on the HP TouchPad | TouchPad Talk

How To: Set Up Your MSN or Hotmail Email Account On The HP TouchPad Using Microsoft Exchange | TouchPad Talk

That should get your hotmail working

thanks for your reply but I was referring to checking hotmail via the hp browser. I was successful in setting it up hotmail via the 'email set up' but since the TouchPad is shared I don't want others to be able to access my email. If I go onto hotmail.com it allows me to enter my email and password but then I get an error message from msn saying I can access my email.
    First tab, first time owning an o.s. other than windows and this is my first post on this forum, so I'm definitely new and that helped! Thanks for intro, OP!
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
    Quote:
    thanks for your reply but I was referring to checking hotmail via the hp browser. I was successful in setting it up hotmail via the 'email set up' but since the TouchPad is shared I don't want others to be able to access my email. If I go onto hotmail.com it allows me to enter my email and password but then I get an error message from msn saying I can access my email.
    Hotmail.com is broken on the touchpad browser, simple as that. Nothing we can do until HP or Microsoft fix it.

In the meantime, a possible solution:

Email Intervention - Homepage

ncinerate, thanks for you great help...
    1. I have emailed hotmail to see about getting the folders to show up...will work on this one...in relation to scOOter's comment, i was able to get onto hotmail through the browser.
    2. will install the webui as suggested...think this will will be fine.
    3. yes, when I push the paid tab in apps catalogue it is emtpy...recomended, free and new tabs have apps listed under them but nothing under paid...touchpad would not let me enter in credit card details also, came up with an errr
    4. Will just log onto facebook and use chat through the browser.
    5. will try the player and let you know. the trouble is, the larger avi file did not even show up in my videos area...when converted it showed up...i will try this program and see if a normal file without conversion shows up.
    6. I have tried with a similar connection, not working and agree this is not possible.
    I will try these outstanding issues and let you know.
    thanks again.
    Last edited by markcincotta; 08/25/2011 at 01:45 AM.
    I have a question. I just overclocked my touchpad to 1.7ghz. I did installed Govnah before installed F15C. Then after I restarted my touchpad, I open preware and Govnah is no longer installed in my touchpad. Do I need to reinstall it? How do I know if my touchpad has been overclocked? It seems a little bit faster now but I'm not sure if it has been overclocked yet. Thanks
    Thanks for tweak guide, i have mine running great

One thing i would like to know is if there is an update out and i want to update my touchpad what happens to all the patches and changes i made to the device? do i uninstall them and run update or just do the update on top of everything?

Thanks
    I love your post and would much like to follow the steps however, when I try to download webos doctor the site says sorry that is not a valid serial number. I don't even enter one in it auto populates (i'm guessing based on my original setup). Has anyone seen this before? Is there any way to get the doctor without going through that site?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    As I've said, your only option to get rid of the password at that point is to do a full webos doctor reset. Instructions are in the initial post.

That's why I try to make it clear not to set a password. I'll add even more bold around this in the original post ;p.

That's funny because WebOS Doctor was my second thought and it'd fail to flash. From a terminal, I could see it recognize my TP and begin the process but would eventually time-out and fail. And WebOS Doctor still refuses to flash. I'm at 3.0.2 at I downloaded 3.0.2... maybe I'll try another just for sh1ts ang g1ggles. But I have no need because I got it and I kept my password. Thanks.

If it helps. From linux; novaterm -t -r <YourPassword> -c LOGIN was my first successful login, and WOSQI also prompted for the password as expected for my second. I got nowhere with winbloz.
    Last edited by beaker_; 08/25/2011 at 06:14 AM.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar824 View Post
    I love your post and would much like to follow the steps however, when I try to download webos doctor the site says sorry that is not a valid serial number. I don't even enter one in it auto populates (i'm guessing based on my original setup). Has anyone seen this before? Is there any way to get the doctor without going through that site?
    That -is- strange. You might want to contact HP about this to ensure your touchpad will be able to properly have an account associated with it and to make sure you'll be able to download/purchase apps etc.

Anyway, you can also download webOS doctors here:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

There ya go.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erazor51 View Post
    Thanks for tweak guide, i have mine running great

One thing i would like to know is if there is an update out and i want to update my touchpad what happens to all the patches and changes i made to the device? do i uninstall them and run update or just do the update on top of everything?

Thanks
    Back in the day you used to have to clean everything out before a patch. Nowadays that's not necessary. The crew behind preware etc have made patches able to handle a background operating system install. If the patches are incompatible they will simply disable when you update, and you can re-enable them when the updates come out by using preware's nifty "update all" button.

And again, even if something did change on HP's end and borks everything up, it's nothing a quick webos doctor couldnt fix. As it sits though, you should be fine .
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by zumii View Post
    I have a question. I just overclocked my touchpad to 1.7ghz. I did installed Govnah before installed F15C. Then after I restarted my touchpad, I open preware and Govnah is no longer installed in my touchpad. Do I need to reinstall it? How do I know if my touchpad has been overclocked? It seems a little bit faster now but I'm not sure if it has been overclocked yet. Thanks
    I'm not supporting F15C in this thread - it's an advanced and somewhat bleeding edge kernel that isn't totally stable, is in constant flux at the moment, and is beyond the scope of what the average user should be using. For some users it will work fine with no issues whatsoever, but for many with "pink underwear" touchpads, it will not run properly and bork things up. It's likely it will do no real harm that can't be fixed with a little work, but I don't want to spend a ton of time trying to help people through the various issues that pop up when using an experimental and potentially dangerous kernel. I mentioned it in the initial post so the more advanced users who want to take things to the extreme know it exists and can do some research on their own.

I'm not opposed to it, I myself love pushing my hardware to the bleeding edge, I just think you should be asking your question in the F15C thread.
    ok, my wife and I use our university email as our primary email accounts. This is actually through hotmail but we can't seem to make the account work due to it not being an @hotmail.com account. Is there some workaround for that?
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast