Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the great post as I this tablet thing is so overwhelming.
    I have a question about the web browser. It seems if I want to check hotmail for some reason the touchpad doesn't work with msn (silverlight). are there any other browser options out there? thanks
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the great post as I this tablet thing is so overwhelming.
    I have a question about the web browser. It seems if I want to check hotmail for some reason the touchpad doesn't work with msn (silverlight). are there any other browser options out there? thanks
    How To: Set Up Your MSN or Hotmail Email Account on the HP TouchPad | TouchPad Talk

How To: Set Up Your MSN or Hotmail Email Account On The HP TouchPad Using Microsoft Exchange | TouchPad Talk

That should get your hotmail working.
    Dumb question but how do I turn this sucker off! If I hold the sleep awake button on top right it doesn't do anything except sleep/awake. Thanks!
    OK. I'm bouncing off the walls with this and the best I can do is get HP's SDK to recognise it. What obvious step have I missed? And I say obvious because I've been staring at this way too long and way too close for it to be hidden.

Here's what I've tried:
    - Post 1 on Win7 pro (32bit). Also tried with hp's webos sdk installed just for good luck. Best I can get is hp's novacom file browser to browse. So at-least something communicates.

- Post 1 on clean install of WinXP Pro in Virtual Box running on SL6.

For both approaches; First launch of WebOS QuickInstall prompts me to download novacom's drivers, and it does, but then locks/freezes at ui; relaunching WebOS QuickInstall appears to freeze at splash screen, no feedback when launched from command line as java -jar WebOSQuickInstall..... But I can see com on the usb port from virtual machine (WinXP) so...?

Do I need to blank the password for developer mode? Anything thoughts? Thanks.

Late edit: I should add it's WebOS 3.0.2
  5.    #105  
    Do not put a password on developer mode. I'm not sure if it'll fix your particular problem but I do know that's a cardinal no-no.
    Thanks this is awesome. Just got a touchpad and this suped this mofo up like crazy!
    I would add to the list of patches and preware apps
    Add launcher tabs
    and
    Increase Touchpad Volume

I found that if my device is not being recognized on my computer by either the doc or quick install that if I restart my touchpad while it is connected to the computer it usually takes care of it.
    Thank you very much for the guide my tp is running so smooth. Could someone please tell me how to set up govnah to use with uberkernel. I used to use it with my pre but I forget now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Do not put a password on developer mode. I'm not sure if it'll fix your particular problem but I do know that's a cardinal no-no.
    Right... bit late for that one. So... how do I break into this puppy when nothing wants to play nice. Novacom doesn't want to attach period... sounds like anther thread I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by werd561 View Post
    Dumb question but how do I turn this sucker off! If I hold the sleep awake button on top right it doesn't do anything except sleep/awake. Thanks!
    Ignore me it decided to work!
    Not sure if this was asked and answered. I apologize if it was. Is there any way to get MSN messenger on the TP? Thank you in advance.
    I got it. Basically the quick install in Winbloz doesn't prompt for pwd as it should. It does however in linux. Actually even novacom & novaterm behave the same way. But they all fly as expected under ubuntu. i.e., can login with pwd for all three (novacom, novaterm, and quickinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    No reason not to. Updates on the touchpad are NOT geared towards stopping you from running homebrew apps or patches. This is not a locked platform like IOS or a nintendo WII. Your update will simply fix some annoying problems present in the stock pad. It's even possible to get your hands on older webOS doctors and doctor back to previous versions if you -really- wanted to. Again though, it makes no difference if what you intend to do is swap out an OS.

And who knows, you might just get some fun use out of the device -before- the eventual android port.
    The great thing is, say you port android onto it.. then change your mind. A visit to the doctor and you're back on WebOS! just too cool!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by werd561 View Post
    Go to settings, device info, reset options, turn off
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy521 View Post
    Thank you very much for the guide my tp is running so smooth. Could someone please tell me how to set up govnah to use with uberkernel. I used to use it with my pre but I forget now.
    You have to install both Govnah and the Kernal you want to use using WOSQI or Preware. Then just run Govnah and set it up for whatever settings you want. More help in the Govnah Forum
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by beaker_ View Post
    I got it. Basically the quick install in Winbloz doesn't prompt for pwd as it should. It does however in linux. Actually even novacom & novaterm behave the same way. But they all fly as expected under ubuntu. i.e., can login with pwd for all three (novacom, novaterm, and quickinstall.
    Just so you know, a webOS doctor would also clear your password. So, so,that will help you get rid of it if you ever feel so inclined.
    how do you get rid of the password for dev mode?

i made a bad choice and added a password :*(

now when i try to leave it blank, it says i ant leave it blank.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    This is complete and striaght forward. I will do this real soon. I have been using my TP for a couple of days and it is nice as is. But I want to take it to the next level.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Thanks for the helpful guide ncinerate. I'm wondering if you are recommending we install all the patches available? There are 34 total patches available. Also, do i need to leave the developer mode on from now on or can i turn it off after all the patch? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by vladoski; 08/24/2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Best tweak: "Make It So". It's so much more visually appealing than "Just Type" lol. But in all seriousness, this post is amaaaaaazing and I love my TouchPad 10000x more because of it.