Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44449505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1084
Like Tree309Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanhuffman View Post
    Will my computer or Touchpad recognize each other in order to do that?
    Yes, just don't put the TP in usb mass storage mode, wosqi will install the novacom driver and it will be able to communicate with ur TP. U also have to put ur TP in developper mode. Check the OP, it has instructions for all this.
    HP TouchPad 32 GB: webOS 3.0.5 + CM9
    HP Pre 3: webOS 2.2.4
    HP Veer: webOS 2.2.4 (wife)
    You can always use the Thanks and/or Like button if you think my post was useful
    thanks a bunch.
    I have read that Adobe Flash Player is no longer available for WebOS. What can I use, like Adobe Flash Player, so I can view videos on Amazon?
    got a new hp touchpad put it on charge and all I am getting on the screen is a battery symbol with a question mark on it can anybody please explain what I should do next. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnburnley View Post
    got a new hp touchpad put it on charge and all I am getting on the screen is a battery symbol with a question mark on it can anybody please explain what I should do next. Thank you.
    Are you using the official power adapter that outputs 5.3 volts?

Sent using my etch a sketch: Nexus 4
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnburnley View Post
    Wow--I just encountered something similar yesterday. I had woken up early (4:30 am) and couldn't get back to sleep, so I grabbed my TP off of the Touchstone and headed to the living room recliner. After about 90 minutes of surfing and a few games, I finally was feeling drowsy and put the TP down on an end table. I didn't go back to it until 9 pm, only to discover that it had powered down. I forced a restart with the two-button salute--up popped the power plug icon. Ruh-roh...

Knowing that I had precious little battery life remaining, I immediately plugged into a stock TP wall charger, getting the charging battery icon. At this point, I thought all was well. After about an hour, I checked the TP, only to see that the charging icon was still there. This puzzled me, as I would normally have seen at least a 25% charge after an hour, meaning that the TP should have automatically booted up by then. An hour later, nothing had changed, so I forced another restart (with the charger still plugged in). It still came up to the charging icon. Not knowing what else to do, I went to bed (sometimes sleep just solves stuff on it's own, right?).

I woke up this morning to see the charging icon still on the screen--now I'm starting to fear that either the battery or the charging circuit has tanked. At a loss for an explanation, I went to my last troubleshooting default step--flailing aimlessly. In this instance, this consisted of unplugging the charger, putting the TP back on the Touchstone (why not?), and trotting off to the bathroom to think (and perhaps to mourn). While contemplating what it would take to fully configure my backup TP to take over as my daily driver (it's currently my wife's toy), I heard the heavenly "bong" sound of Luna opening up, followed by the "bee-boop" of WiFi connecting. Oh frabjous day!

Bottom line: I have no idea why putting my TP on the Touchstone cured the problem. Everything I think I know tells me that charging is always better on the stock wall charger. In fact, once the TP started up, I plugged it back into the wall charger--the battery level was only 1%, but immediately started ticking right on up, just like I expected it to. Why didn't the hours previously on the wall charger do anything? Why did the Touchstone have an almost immediate positive effect? I have no answer to either question--perhaps more-knowledgable hardware geeks than I can enlighten us with some theories. In any case, I hope that this gives you some ideas to try.

At the very least, I'd guess that your TP (if new in sealed box) sat in a hot warehouse far too long, depleting the battery. If my experience doesn't help you, search for any of the several "TouchPad battery won't charge" threads in the forum. One thing to know is that the TP's design requires that there be some minimum charge on the battery for the charging circuit to work. Throwing a TP in a drawer for several months has been known to deplete the battery to the point that charging no longer works (the fix is rather extreme, requiring a battery replacement). I hope that your TP's showing the "battery?" icon indicates that it's not that far gone, but I must confess that I'm not sure what that means.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    poehoes likes this.
    I think the battery with white question mark means the Touchpad is beyond charging until a software reconfiguration.

Others have had same problem - here's one such thread:
    How I Revived My Dead TouchPad

Here's the solution:
    TPDebrick v004 - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Wow--I just encountered something similar yesterday. I had woken up early (4:30 am) and couldn't get back to sleep, so I grabbed my TP off of the Touchstone and headed to the living room recliner. After about 90 minutes of surfing and a few games, I finally was feeling drowsy and put the TP down on an end table. I didn't go back to it until 9 pm, only to discover that it had powered down. I forced a restart with the two-button salute--up popped the power plug icon. Ruh-roh...

Knowing that I had precious little battery life remaining, I immediately plugged into a stock TP wall charger, getting the charging battery icon. At this point, I thought all was well. After about an hour, I checked the TP, only to see that the charging icon was still there. This puzzled me, as I would normally have seen at least a 25% charge after an hour, meaning that the TP should have automatically booted up by then. An hour later, nothing had changed, so I forced another restart (with the charger still plugged in). It still came up to the charging icon. Not knowing what else to do, I went to bed (sometimes sleep just solves stuff on it's own, right?).

I woke up this morning to see the charging icon still on the screen--now I'm starting to fear that either the battery or the charging circuit has tanked. At a loss for an explanation, I went to my last troubleshooting default step--flailing aimlessly. In this instance, this consisted of unplugging the charger, putting the TP back on the Touchstone (why not?), and trotting off to the bathroom to think (and perhaps to mourn). While contemplating what it would take to fully configure my backup TP to take over as my daily driver (it's currently my wife's toy), I heard the heavenly "bong" sound of Luna opening up, followed by the "bee-boop" of WiFi connecting. Oh frabjous day!

Bottom line: I have no idea why putting my TP on the Touchstone cured the problem. Everything I think I know tells me that charging is always better on the stock wall charger. In fact, once the TP started up, I plugged it back into the wall charger--the battery level was only 1%, but immediately started ticking right on up, just like I expected it to. Why didn't the hours previously on the wall charger do anything? Why did the Touchstone have an almost immediate positive effect? I have no answer to either question--perhaps more-knowledgable hardware geeks than I can enlighten us with some theories. In any case, I hope that this gives you some ideas to try.

At the very least, I'd guess that your TP (if new in sealed box) sat in a hot warehouse far too long, depleting the battery. If my experience doesn't help you, search for any of the several "TouchPad battery won't charge" threads in the forum. One thing to know is that the TP's design requires that there be some minimum charge on the battery for the charging circuit to work. Throwing a TP in a drawer for several months has been known to deplete the battery to the point that charging no longer works (the fix is rather extreme, requiring a battery replacement). I hope that your TP's showing the "battery?" icon indicates that it's not that far gone, but I must confess that I'm not sure what that means.
    I'm doctoring my touchpad now.
    Someone needs to edit first post to add instructions to set date back to 7/1/13 so one can grab the new app catalog.
    Also, I'm wondering if I will be able to access the pre-installed android partition after doctoring or what are the steps to do that? I assume the webos doctor did not touch the android partition.

edit: I think for android, all i have to do is reinstall moboot using acmeinstaller
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/28/2013 at 01:12 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'm doctoring my touchpad now.
    Someone needs to edit first post to add instructions to set date back to 7/23/13 so one can grab the new app catalog.
    Also, I'm wondering if I will be able to access the pre-installed android partition after doctoring or what are the steps to do that? I assume the webos doctor did not touch the android partition.

edit: I think for android, all i have to do is reinstall moboot using acmeinstaller
    Click on the Report Post button and make your suggestion (App Cat update inclusion) directly to the powers that be!!!
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    just curious...if i do all this to boost my touchpads speed and then put android on it will these changes still take effect or will the speed increase only be noticeable when webos is loaded and not android
    Quote Originally Posted by James Echevarria View Post
    just curious...if i do all this to boost my touchpads speed and then put android on it will these changes still take effect or will the speed increase only be noticeable when webos is loaded and not android
    All the tweaks are software tweaks which means they only apply to the os that you're booting.

That said, Android runs pretty much fast on the TouchPad out of the box.
    HP TouchPad 32 GB: webOS 3.0.5 + CM9
    HP Pre 3: webOS 2.2.4
    HP Veer: webOS 2.2.4 (wife)
    You can always use the Thanks and/or Like button if you think my post was useful
    i finally upgraded my mac os ( from 10.4 to 10.6) to enable downloading latest Java -- in order to install Preware

So far, I'm stuck.

I downloaded WebOS Quick Install - + Novacomm
    Put TP in Developers Mode (without password ) & selected USB
    connected to Mac -- TP Screen shows the USB symbol
    ( whole screen, just the symbol, large, in gray, on black )

I tried installing PreWare ... after a half hour or 45 minutes, a message came on saying it couldn't install

As a test, I tried installing 47 Laws of Power--- and it's been 2 hours -- the window above Quick Install still says INSTALLING... and a very faint wheel is turning ... that seems like an inordinate amount of time, don't it?

Am presently clueless as to what to do ( or not do ) next ( and, then ... )

Meanwhile am molto grateful for the forum & greet everyone & wish you all
    fair life-weather in this new year

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gach View Post
    i finally upgraded my mac os ( from 10.4 to 10.6) to enable downloading latest Java -- in order to install Preware

So far, I'm stuck.

I tried installing PreWare ... after a half hour or 45 minutes, a message came on saying it couldn't install

As a test, I tried installing 47 Laws of Power--- and it's been 2 hours -- the window above Quick Install still says INSTALLING... and a very faint wheel is turning ... that seems like an inordinate amount of time, don't it?

Thanks
    Did you reboot?
    i've rebooted and am trying again

i suspect there's something still wrong 'cos it's been a half hour & preware says it's still installing ( the wheel's still spinning )
    -- can anyone please tell me how long average does it usually take ?

( trouble shooting : when i use the same cord to recharge the battery it has to be pushed at an angle or else it won't function ... i am reconstructing that here but maybe that's the fly in the ointment ... )
    Last edited by Gary Gach; 12/22/2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gach View Post

So far, I'm stuck.

Thanks
    The TP should not be in USB mode. Try ejecting the drive from your desktop, and re-installing the Preware again. Hope this can solve the problem.
    This made getting my new TP ready for use, very easy. A lot of great info here. Thanks.
    To be honest, I have not used any HP product, not to mention HP's phones and tablets, but, read what you write this, I want to try

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    coque sony xperia z2
    Hello everyone.
    It's been a while.
    Been gone close to 2 years.
    Anything new to 'Getting Started' (Again)?
    I did just recently flash the A6 Firmware for the Battery Drain fix.
    Just call me Berd.
    Welcome back Berd! There are a couple of articles on coming (back) to webOS in 2014 on here. I think they are PivotCE articles.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    Just call me Berd.