Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4146474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1084
Like Tree309Likes
  1. wevudo's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmernator View Post
    actually, I had figured it all out and was able to install.
    How did you get it to work, I'm having the same problems.
  2. #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by wevudo View Post
    How did you get it to work, I'm having the same problems.

    Assuming you already have these files: Universal Novacom Installer, WebOSDoctor, and WOSQI 4.4.0

    Then, run the Universal Novacom Installer.

    When prompted, click Select File button and point towards the WebOSDoctor file already downloaded.

    After driver installation, developer mode is enabled in the Device and connected to PC.

    Run the WOSQI 4.4.0 and click the third button (globe button) on the right side. All available files will be downloaded.

    Select the Preware and install it.


    All the above actions are done in PC. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  3. #1003  
    guys i did most of the essential stuff in the first post back in late 2011 when i bought the touchpad, but i've been so busy with school and work that i never really had time to fiddle around with it until just now. has a lot changed since i followed the "get started" guide?

    also, is there a newer version of cm9 coming soon? i'd like to get it installed this weekend, but i'd be willing to wait if a newer, better version is coming sometime soon.
  4. #1004  
    From the last I heard is that the CM9 version is still the same "officially". Now there is a series of nightly builds that you could use, but I think the latest stable one hasnt change in a while.

    Also there was some talk about CM10 for the TP, but I have not seen any posts about it on here.


    Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  5. #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    From the last I heard is that the CM9 version is still the same "officially". Now there is a series of nightly builds that you could use, but I think the latest stable one hasnt change in a while.

    Also there was some talk about CM10 for the TP, but I have not seen any posts about it on here.
    thanks man. do you know if i should re-do the get started guide since i did it back in late 2011? has anything significantly changed from the op in this thread?
  6. #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
    thanks man. do you know if i should re-do the get started guide since i did it back in late 2011? has anything significantly changed from the op in this thread?
    Open Source has been released... So far no word on ports for TP.

    However, prior to that HP released an updated LunaSys that Internals turned into CE (Community Edition) and you can try out the updated Luna here: LunaCE 4.x
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  7. stulec52's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #1007  
    Similar to Spaceman Spliff, I'm just getting my TP back up running again after about 8 months of it lying dormant.

    What to do?
    Ok, so I'm still running webOS on it, which does all the music and photo stuff I currently need, as well as email basic surf etc.
    But as I pay for Netflix, I really want to use the TP for that, and not via Splashtop
    Also would like to watch BBC iplayer and ITV player.

    Is this possible? Practical?
    I feel like there is so much more I could be doing with it, but am not the most tech savvy person to the point where I fear bricking it if I mess about too much.

    Thanks in advance
  8. #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Open Source has been released... So far no word on ports for TP.

    However, prior to that HP released an updated LunaSys that Internals turned into CE (Community Edition) and you can try out the updated Luna here: LunaCE 4.x
    can you give me a layman's version of what lunasys does? i tried googling it and all im getting is a buncha nerdspeak that i'm too dumb to understand

    also, is there a superawesome faq/"get started guide" for installing lunasys? i dont even know what this "beta-woce feed" or tweaks is
    Last edited by Spaceman Spliff; 10/23/2012 at 07:55 PM.
  9. #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
    can you give me a layman's version of what lunasys does? i tried googling it and all im getting is a buncha nerdspeak that i'm too dumb to understand

    also, is there a superawesome faq/"get started guide" for installing lunasys? i dont even know what this "beta-woce feed" or tweaks is
    Lunasys controls the UI (user interface) and its reactions to your input. There's lots of nice new card manipulations in there. I left a link in my previous post.

    I'm on day two with my TP and loving the new card gestures.

    *shrug* I don't believe I'm terribly advanced beyond mediocre understanding of what Developers actually do - but I found it fairly easy to follow the first post in the thread (LunaCE 4.x) and get the install done. Tweaks then assists in setting up the new gestures and card behaviors.


    Also... Yes this is an awesome thread and the first post here is wonderfully written.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  10. #1010  
    quick question:
    ive been trying to find some of the software listed in the OP on preware and i cant find them. i'll open up preware, click applications and do a search all for "touchplayer" or "remove me", which are both listed as being in preware, but nothing comes up. any ideas?
  11. stulec52's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by stulec52 View Post
    Similar to Spaceman Spliff, I'm just getting my TP back up running again after about 8 months of it lying dormant.

    What to do?
    Ok, so I'm still running webOS on it, which does all the music and photo stuff I currently need, as well as email basic surf etc.
    But as I pay for Netflix, I really want to use the TP for that, and not via Splashtop
    Also would like to watch BBC iplayer and ITV player.

    Is this possible? Practical?
    I feel like there is so much more I could be doing with it, but am not the most tech savvy person to the point where I fear bricking it if I mess about too much.

    Thanks in advance
    I also keep reading about Android.
    but I can't find good information on what version to try, and how if I don't like it to revert back to webOS

    anyone?
  12. #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by stulec52 View Post
    I also keep reading about Android.
    but I can't find good information on what version to try, and how if I don't like it to revert back to webOS

    anyone?
    Here's a whole forum for you:

    http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
  13. stulec52's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    great thank you.

    I just want to really get some use out of my TP, poor thing never gets played with
  14.    #1014  
    Quote Originally Posted by stulec52 View Post
    great thank you.

    I just want to really get some use out of my TP, poor thing never gets played with
    Make the jump. Just make sure you install one of the latest nightly for CM9 (right now there isn't really a stable jelly bean release, but the ICS release is basically complete and rock-solid-stable).

    ICS on the TP is so good at this point that I haven't touched webOS in ages (and I have webOS tweaked like -crazy- to make it as capable as possible - it just can't really hold a candle to my tweaked ICS setup). Netflix works beautifully, everything works beautifully. My TP has basically become my 3 year old's daily driver, but I still pick it up every so often when I'm lounging on the couch. Perfect for general use and easily as capable as any tablet currently on the market in almost every single way (although the new ipad screens can give you pixel-envy).

    It's sad to see webOS slipping away, but that's the nature of technological advancement. Hell, I finally gave up my hacked frankenpre 2. Swapped up to a galaxy nexus. Of course, in true form, the first thing I did was gutted my old pre backplate to add inductive charging to this nexus - can't live without my touchstone .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  15. #1015  
    I will probably go to ICS on my TP but right now I use it with my headless Mac Mini via Splashtop HD. Works pretty good that way and still have full TP functionality.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE using Tapatalk 2
  16. stulec52's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #1016  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Make the jump. Just make sure you install one of the latest nightly for CM9 (right now there isn't really a stable jelly bean release, but the ICS release is basically complete and rock-solid-stable).

    ICS on the TP is so good at this point that I haven't touched webOS in ages (and I have webOS tweaked like -crazy- to make it as capable as possible - it just can't really hold a candle to my tweaked ICS setup). Netflix works beautifully, everything works beautifully. My TP has basically become my 3 year old's daily driver, but I still pick it up every so often when I'm lounging on the couch. Perfect for general use and easily as capable as any tablet currently on the market in almost every single way (although the new ipad screens can give you pixel-envy).

    It's sad to see webOS slipping away, but that's the nature of technological advancement. Hell, I finally gave up my hacked frankenpre 2. Swapped up to a galaxy nexus. Of course, in true form, the first thing I did was gutted my old pre backplate to add inductive charging to this nexus - can't live without my touchstone .
    I'm really not confident I could do the change to Android myself, it really needs to be a one click deal for me.
    I don't actually understand yet what nightly build means :">
    I will read more about it though and do want to try.
    thanks again
  17. #1017  
    Thanks for imparting all this useful knowledge. I'm anticipating the arrival of my HP Touchpad any day now and am getting a jump on digesting info about all the things I'll be able to do to it to make it mine. So glad to have found the WebOS Nation...
    LD
  18. #1018  
    Have new TP 4G recd unlocked which has Web OS 3.0.1. I Wanted to update to latest 3.0.5 without affecting sim unlock.
    Pl advice I can use webos doctor and will remain the device still sim unlocked.

    Thanks,
  19. #1019  
    Yes it will remain unlocked

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  20. #1020  
    I bought this:
    FS: New sealed HP Touchpad 32GB w/ Folio Case $215 Shipped

    I'm anxiously excited.

    I'm hoping it gets delivered early this coming week.

    First on my list will be to get Android up and running.
    Then, I'm going to ease myself into webOS.
    I've never really used webOS, so I have hopes that it'll do most of my wants/needs.
    If not, I'll still have android to fall back on.

    I've been content with Android on my Thunderbolt.

    So, I had better get reading up in these forums.
    Just call me Berd.
    barryb20 and mschumacher69 like this.

Posting Permissions