Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1084
Like Tree309Likes
    Uberkernel isnt found in WebOS Quick Install list?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furball zen View Post
    Uberkernel isnt found in WebOS Quick Install list?
    It is present, did you look under Kernel section
    Thanks for putting this thread together.

I've managed to over clock my device.

The keyboard modding instructions were a bit confusing for me, so I left them for now.

Whats bugging me at the moment is, I can't find Touchplayer anywhere in either the HP market, or the Preware market?

Also Jstop, you say will 'Help keep my phone in order'
    I don't have a phone, I have the Hp Touchpad. Will it work as well in that also?

Thanks

Edit : I found touchplayer on private feed, but it wasnt working well for me, So I spent out on Kalemsoft player.
    Seems a pretty good player
    Last edited by theVenerable; 04/15/2012 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    It is present, did you look under Kernel section
    There are NO entries in this column...

Edit: found it in the Preware app.
    Last edited by furball zen; 04/14/2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Thanks for the thread! My 1st TP (32G) arrived today. I was able to install preware, overclock the processor and turn off that ripple effect. Unsure as to if I will attempt the CM9 install as this is my first device I have rooted.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Figure I should add my thanks as well.
    Wasn't sure about this thing when I got it, but after a few false starts and a couple of " oh geez, what happened" moments; this thread has been an incredible starting point.
    Already got a touchpad for my sister, ordered one for the b/f ( so he'll leave mine alone) and might get one for my nephew to take to school with him.
    Getting comfortable with webos; debating if I wanna try adding android soon.
    If so, nice to know there are helpful people for when I panic.
    Haven't used my TP for awhile and haven't been here even longer. Now I notice that none of the preware stuff that was working when I first got my TP are working anymore and there are no updates through preware itself.

I thought I'd just reinstall preware and all but I can't even get the webOS Quickinstall to work on my completely up to date Windows 7 computer!

I plan to hopefully do more research about this after class, but I thought it might be good to just throw this out there and see what happens.

So can anyone please recommend what I need to do?

Thanks!
    Angry Birds HD is no longer free. I cleared all my apps and when I tried to reinstall it failed.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for your thread. I've just sent a well earned donation your way. You have allow me to successfully set up 4 HP TouchPads. On top of that my daughter was wanting to get a tablet for my son-in-law. I suggested that unless she was wanting to spend $350-$400 that she could get a TouchPad for about $200 - which will practically do everything that all those more expensive tablets do. Well she did pick up one on a 1 day sale (and so did I for my wife). Coming to visit my daughter and son-in-law he already had set up his TouchPad bases on this thread - but he really wanted ICS installed. Nervously I followed your link - followed your detailed instructions and ICS was installed perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to make setting up our TouchPads a breeze. My TouchPad already had CM7 installed. I only boot up into it for Netfix - I have no interest in CM9 - but my wife will probably want it installed on hers - and now I know I can do it.

Thanks again for everything.
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
  10.    #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by scjjtt View Post
    Thanks so much for your thread. I've just sent a well earned donation your way. You have allow me to successfully set up 4 HP TouchPads. On top of that my daughter was wanting to get a tablet for my son-in-law. I suggested that unless she was wanting to spend $350-$400 that she could get a TouchPad for about $200 - which will practically do everything that all those more expensive tablets do. Well she did pick up one on a 1 day sale (and so did I for my wife). Coming to visit my daughter and son-in-law he already had set up his TouchPad bases on this thread - but he really wanted ICS installed. Nervously I followed your link - followed your detailed instructions and ICS was installed perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to make setting up our TouchPads a breeze. My TouchPad already had CM7 installed. I only boot up into it for Netfix - I have no interest in CM9 - but my wife will probably want it installed on hers - and now I know I can do it.

Thanks again for everything.
    No problem, and seriously, thanks for everything, that was very generous of you.

I know you have no interest in CM9 but you aught to give it a shot - I find it pretty useful overall. The depth of apps that can be installed is just too damn nice to pass up, especially since it's a dual boot. On a daily basis I'm using the superior web browsers (like dolphin hd, boat, chrome), google currents (awesome news reader, basically makes web content into magazines that you can read online or offline), netflix (obviously), and a handful of other nice little apps that make life easier. At any rate it's an easy install and worth the time taken to do it imho.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Hey, Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find a discussion on this specific issue. I had to send my TP in to HP for repair and wiped it. When I got it back, I reinstalled everything but the new CM9 install would not work. I noticed that the nighly filename had changed since I last did the install and no longer includes the prefix "update-cm9-2012..."

I replaced the July update file with the last update to include the old prefix (6/6), and it worked. My question is this: when I decide to update to a more recent version with the new file name type, what do I do to get it to work? Is there something else that needs to be updated so that the TP recognizes the newer CM9 update files? This isn't a big deal for me yet, but once the camera issue is addressed, I'll definitely want to update my CM9 version.
    and I am ready to send it back. It came with 3.5 os system. Downloaded HP movie app downloaded movie' which I paid $4 for and it won't play at all. Because I hooked 4 computers to a wireless router in my house along with printer I mistakenly thought this meant I am saavy enough to follow your directions for upgradjng this device to an amazing tool. Lets start with the fact that my router is WEP, WPA and I cannot figure out where to go to change that setting and if it will affect the other computers & prjnter if I do. Right now my Kindle Fire is capable of doing more (in my hands) than this touchpad. I've hit a wall help. Please.
    What router do you have? Normally you just need to run an internet browser in your PC and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, than login as the administrator set in the beginning of router installation (by default the user and password are both admin), then you'll free to make any changes to your router.
    Trying to go through your excellent tutorial, but the link for clockworkmod at Goo.im is broken, no file found. Any other location?
    Same issue with ACMEInstaller, all other downloads ok.
    Hi, just got my 32Gb Touchpad and tried to use it to access medical "cloud" programs. It was too slow and kept freezing using the webos browser and the stock out of the box set up. I read on this thread about overclocking and switching to android. I really don't need the apps and the other things, just want to use this as a functioning pad to input patient data to the cloud. Am I better to overclock and continue to use webos or install cm9 and use google chrome to get the fastest response or both?

Thanks,
    I'm having problem installing Preware. WebOS Quick Install (v4.4.0) keeps saying cannot detect device when trying to install Novacom driver.. I have the lastest Java, version 7, and I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I've tried switching to different USB ports and rebooting computer and TP, but it was useless. What am I missing? Thanks for your help!
    Yes
    I'm having problem installing Preware. WebOS Quick Install (v4.4.0) keeps saying cannot detect device when trying to install Novacom driver.. I have the lastest Java, version 7, and I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I've tried switching to different USB ports and rebooting computer and TP, but it was useless. What am I missing? Thanks for your help!
    Is the Touchpad in developer mode?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Is the Touchpad in developer mode?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    actually, I had figured it all out and was able to install.