Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Hi, I am a new touch pad user. I installed preware on it. But when I search for internalz , uberkernel or any other program on preware, I find nothing. Any help in resolving this issue would be highly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsureshraj49 View Post
    Hi, I am a new touch pad user. I installed preware on it. But when I search for internalz , uberkernel or any other program on preware, I find nothing. Any help in resolving this issue would be highly appreciated.
    Welcome to webOS Nation. Due to the current transition from the old format (Precentral.net) to webOSNation.com, those feeds will be unavailable for the next few days until they are updated. Just keep trying or keep checking back here for an announcement for when they are available. Nothing you're doing wrong, just bad timing.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Check your security/encryption and ensure you have WPA2 selected. Now you know your touchpad is going to operate at peak performance.
    This is probably the worst advice since we know that either WPA2?WPA or certain wifi settings on some of the latest Netgear, Dlink, LInksys etc routers will render the TP's wifi connection useless ie "no internet connection" due to a bug in WebOS drivers in v3.0.x...

...so I'd really suggest either removing this part completely or at least adding the whole story with explanation and a link to this thread: Wifi Issues on Touchpad?
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
    This is probably the worst advice since we know that either WPA2?WPA or certain wifi settings on some of the latest Netgear, Dlink, LInksys etc routers will render the TP's wifi connection useless ie "no internet connection" due to a bug in WebOS drivers in v3.0.x...

...so I'd really suggest either removing this part completely or at least adding the whole story with explanation and a link to this thread: Wifi Issues on Touchpad?
    That advice came from back when I wrote the post, and it was absolutely a correct statement (wpa2 was accelerated and worked best). I still use WPA2 on my router and have had absolutely no trouble whatsoever with wifi in 3.0.5... I'll read up on that post and remove the recommendation if there's an issue, I just haven't kept up with current wifi issues because I haven't -had- any wifi issues.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just wanted to share, I'm happy about my TP purchase yay! I was able to figure out how to install the preware as instructed. I was not abl to get CM7 to work but I am holding out on CM9 now actually.........Im not that agile when it comes to OS and upgrades I'd appreciate all the links to the latest and greatest.....and the most elementary intructions. please and thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    Most likely it should have been:

apt-get install lxde

It is probably a good idea to remove the ubuntu chroot package, rather than just using the rm command... regarding the ext3fs removal, I've posted some instructions in another thread. The procedure is the reverse of the one for creating the extra ext3fs logical volume - the one you can find here:
    UbuntuChroot - WebOS Internals

First, I assume you really do have a ext3 partition and not a loopback file. You should be able to see the logical volume with lvscan. This is for a 32GB touchpad.

# lvscan
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/root' [568.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/var' [64.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/update' [16.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/log' [24.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/mojodb' [256.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/filecache' [136.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/media' [18.00 GB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/swap' [400.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/ext3fs' [9.64 GB] inherit

Now assuming you have removed (and made a backup if needed) ubuntu and anything else that might use /media/ext3fs - for example optware can use the ext3fs too - now we can continue.

Close any apps running on the touchpad. Connect with Novaterm - the following should all be done via novaterm. First unmount and remove the ext3fs logical volume.

Code:
    umount /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs
    lvremove /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs
    Now remove the line in /etc/fstab that mounts /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs at boot time. There might be a line in /etc/fstab that looks a bit like this:

Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs auto noatime 0 0
    If you have that line you need to remount root in read-write mode before you can edit /etc/fstab.

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    Then remove that line from /etc/fstab and save the file (note: making backups of files before you change them is a good idea).

Now make root fs read-only again.

Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /
    So now we have no ext3fs logical volume and some empty space. Now umount these filesystems before resizing (I'm not sure if the pkill is needed, but I don't think it does any harm).

Code:
    pkill -SIGUSR1 cryptofs
    umount /media/cryptofs
    umount /media/internal
    Check the umount was successful (should return nothing because these filesystems should no longer be mounted).

Code:
    mount | grep cryptofs
    mount | grep internal
    Then when these have been unmounted, extend the size of your logical volume. We have to increase the size of the logical volume before we increase the size of the filesystem. First check the file system is clean.

Code:
    /usr/sbin/****.vfat /dev/mapper/store-media
    Opps... the forum thinks I'm trying to post a bad word.

Please go here for the correct command (instead of ****) to check you have a clean filesystem:

So now we have a clean file system, we can resize it. The following should make it take all the remaining free space in the volume group.

Code:
    lvresize -l +100%FREE /dev/mapper/store-media
    Please check with 'lvscan' and/or 'lvdisplay' as above.

Now we can resize the fat32 file system on that logical volume.

Code:
    resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media 26G
    The example above is for making it 26GB, but the size you need might be different… please check these links for more info.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...u-install.html
    gadgetXplorer: #webOS: How to remove EXT3FS partition

Now you should be able to remount your fat32 fs.

Code:
    mount –a
    Check with df command and it should be the same size as original before you created the ext3fs volume. Reboot and make sure everything is working as it should.

Um i get this when unmounting cryptofs and internal
    /bin/sh: unmount not found

please help i want my disk space back
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    Most likely it should have been:

apt-get install lxde

It is probably a good idea to remove the ubuntu chroot package, rather than just using the rm command... regarding the ext3fs removal, I've posted some instructions in another thread. The procedure is the reverse of the one for creating the extra ext3fs logical volume - the one you can find here:

First, I assume you really do have a ext3 partition and not a loopback file. You should be able to see the logical volume with lvscan. This is for a 32GB touchpad.

# lvscan
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/root' [568.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/var' [64.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/update' [16.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/log' [24.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/mojodb' [256.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/filecache' [136.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/media' [18.00 GB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/swap' [400.00 MB] inherit
    ACTIVE '/dev/store/ext3fs' [9.64 GB] inherit

Now assuming you have removed (and made a backup if needed) ubuntu and anything else that might use /media/ext3fs - for example optware can use the ext3fs too - now we can continue.

Close any apps running on the touchpad. Connect with Novaterm - the following should all be done via novaterm. First unmount and remove the ext3fs logical volume.

Code:
    umount /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs
    lvremove /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs
    Now remove the line in /etc/fstab that mounts /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs at boot time. There might be a line in /etc/fstab that looks a bit like this:

Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs auto noatime 0 0
    If you have that line you need to remount root in read-write mode before you can edit /etc/fstab.

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    Then remove that line from /etc/fstab and save the file (note: making backups of files before you change them is a good idea).

Now make root fs read-only again.

Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /
    So now we have no ext3fs logical volume and some empty space. Now umount these filesystems before resizing (I'm not sure if the pkill is needed, but I don't think it does any harm).

Code:
    pkill -SIGUSR1 cryptofs
    umount /media/cryptofs
    umount /media/internal
    Check the umount was successful (should return nothing because these filesystems should no longer be mounted).

Code:
    mount | grep cryptofs
    mount | grep internal
    Then when these have been unmounted, extend the size of your logical volume. We have to increase the size of the logical volume before we increase the size of the filesystem. First check the file system is clean.

Code:
    /usr/sbin/****.vfat /dev/mapper/store-media
    Opps... the forum thinks I'm trying to post a bad word.

Please go here for the correct command (instead of ****) to check you have a clean filesystem:

So now we have a clean file system, we can resize it. The following should make it take all the remaining free space in the volume group.

Code:
    lvresize -l +100%FREE /dev/mapper/store-media
    Please check with 'lvscan' and/or 'lvdisplay' as above.

Now we can resize the fat32 file system on that logical volume.

Code:
    resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media 26G
    The example above is for making it 26GB, but the size you need might be different… please check these links for more info.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...u-install.html
    gadgetXplorer: #webOS: How to remove EXT3FS partition

Now you should be able to remount your fat32 fs.

Code:
    mount –a
    Check with df command and it should be the same size as original before you created the ext3fs volume. Reboot and make sure everything is working as it should.

i get this whe unmounting cryptofs and internal:

/bin/sh: unmount not found

is there something im missing?
    sorry for the double post! i figured it out!
  9.    #969  
    Quote Originally Posted by the1publicenemy View Post
    sorry for the double post! i figured it out!
    Awesome to hear .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm using KalemSoft Media Player on my TP.
    I can access my desktop files ok, but when watching video the sound is quite a bit off.
    any ideas?
    Or is there another App I could use?
    I just did the update to it this week, it seemed to make the picture worse if anything !
    Hello,

Today I was trying to install WebOS doctor and it didn't go very well. I was wondering if i could get some assistance. My computer said it installed "bootie" but the Webos doctor never moved to "next" right now my TP is frozen with the USB image on the screen. I can't power it off either. Can anyone help me please. Thank you!
  12.    #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by frechettegirl View Post
    Hello,

Today I was trying to install WebOS doctor and it didn't go very well. I was wondering if i could get some assistance. My computer said it installed "bootie" but the Webos doctor never moved to "next" right now my TP is frozen with the USB image on the screen. I can't power it off either. Can anyone help me please. Thank you!
    Why were you doing a doctor?

Anyway - rebooting the touchpad with a hard-reboot requires you to hold down the power and center face button for 25-30 seconds. If that doesn't work, you can try holding power+volume up and down+home. Usually that'll do it.

Hi,

Since I upgrade to 3.0.5, every time I go to a website that use html5 as flash (for example: cnn.com), it ask me to "install flash player" and it says "this CNN feature is optimized for AdobeFlash Player version10.1 or higher". But my Touchpad already had it version v10.3.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Joe
    hey ncinerate, thanks a lot for your guide, and now specially on how to install CM9 it all went well. i just wanted to ask: will running a hp webos doctor erase the CM9 and leave the tablet as if new?
    Quote Originally Posted by thief2323 View Post
    hey ncinerate, thanks a lot for your guide, and now specially on how to install CM9 it all went well. i just wanted to ask: will running a hp webos doctor erase the CM9 and leave the tablet as if new?
    Webos doctor will not erase your android install. It may delete moboot, I cant really remember, but android will still be just how you left it. If your selling the touchpad also run acmeuninstaller to erase android.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
    Webos doctor will not erase your android install. It may delete moboot, I cant really remember, but android will still be just how you left it. If your selling the touchpad also run acmeuninstaller to erase android.
    thank you, could you please quickly explain what acmeuninstaller is? where do i get it and how do i run it? please....
  17.    #977  
    Quote Originally Posted by thief2323 View Post
    thank you, could you please quickly explain what acmeuninstaller is? where do i get it and how do i run it? please....
    It's explained in the post about installing android (look in my signature line just below this sentence). It'll explain how to get acmeuninstaller and how to use it.

Very nice tutorial! The only part that got me worried was when the touch pad started to install the cm9, it looked frozen.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thank you for the info. One question though, im trying to doctor my device to completely reset my device. Now I've got to the point where webos dcotor asks me to connect my device. I plugged it in correctly and a small prompt in the corner said something like Palm/Novacom (Bootie) installed. Something along those lines, didnt ask about OMAP drivers or if I wanted to install anything, just did it automatically. Now the next button is still greyed out? My touchpad is completely charged and I even checked in device manager to see if there was any question marks or exclamation points like one guide said. Ive tried all different usb ports (two 3.0 and two 2.0ports), different cables, everything I've read and still nothing. Any help? TIA

edit: got it working, had to use a different computer. Excellent guide!
    Last edited by rsalinas1; 03/19/2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Thank you SO Much for this thread!

Just picked up my TouchPad (bought used) and didn't even know where to start! This made life SO easy! It came loaded with CM7 but I upgraded to CM9 (I am very fluent with android/cwm). But I still found myself back to webOS due to the simplicity and overall feel of it!

Too bad there aren't as many apps for it, but I really only use the tablet to browse the internet, so this is perfect for me!

Thanks again and I can't wait to see what else I can do with this thing