Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    3.0.5 probably 'down dated' your kernel to Palm stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    3.0.5 probably 'down dated' your kernel to Palm stock.
    The 86 build "down dated" the kernel? I was already running 3.0.5 with uberkernel at 1.5Ghz.

Sent from my Dell Venue using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Yeah, you should be fine. Everything should work as-expected and 3.0.5 patches should be back online for use fairly soon. Just stay away from enabling 3.0.4 feeds.
    What do I use in Preware to reload my patches once they are out of beta?
    Hi All,
    how can I change the setting in my router to reflect the security option WPA2.
    Cant find the setting under wifi.
    Please hehp.
    m
    Quote Originally Posted by narvarr View Post
    The 86 build "down dated" the kernel? I was already running 3.0.5 with uberkernel at 1.5Ghz.

Well I went back and uninstalled and then reinstalled uberkernal and govnah and now I have a total of 4 profiles showing...one of thm is a 1.7 overclock. But none of my other patches work either like private browsing and disable search notifications.

Hi I have a problem about full screen in Ubuntu (I have a bluetooth keyboard)
    I downloaded Tweaks from Preware and launched it. It says "Scanning installed tweaks".
    And I am not able to disable the virtual keyboard or any other things.
    Which makes it even worse is if I have Tweaks installed, there will be nothing at all in Xecutah . And I have to delete Xecutah, Xserver, Xterm, Tweaks and then install Xecutah, Xserver, Xterm again in order to get into my Ubuntu(still not full screen).

Can you guys please help me out? Thank you so much!!

(in Tweaks, the entire left panel is greyed out, aren't Xserver or Xterm supposed to have tweak supports? but how come in Preware neither or them has the green cross sign?)
    Last edited by hzesen1221; 01/24/2012 at 02:54 AM.
    I've been frustrated by the few times that I've hooked up my TP to my Windows PC, in that using the Windows "approved" method for unmounting a USB storage device (the "safely remove" method) drives the TP crazy and gives the "Ouch! That really hurt!" error.

Imagine my relief when I finally came across the solution in another forum thread (purely by accident--the thread was about mp3s, not USB), namely that I needed to use the "Eject" method in Windows Explorer (via the context menu), not "safely remove" from the taskbar.

I suspect that a lot of newbs would appreciate getting that piece of info as part of a basic introduction to the TP (especially since searching for the "right" way on the forums never led me to the right answer).

Just a thought.
    dear all,good news,the patches are back again through preware now and all works prefect,I tried them and I think all are working, any feedback
    great work! Many thanks!
    I guess the updates got in just in time when i overclocked to 1.7. everything works fine and I Have installed quite a few Preware apps. Speed is good.
    getting mine next week some time. Cant wait. Finally made the step
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I had problems upgrading to 3.0.5, would download but never complete installation. Tried to remove all the patches listed at the start of this forum but they would never uninstall. Did a power/center button/vol up reset and deleted all apps. Then was able to upgrade.

But..... now several apps like Splashtop and a game die with an error message. I can power down and then for a day or so they will work ok but then start dieing again. Also there are times when the touchscreen is not responsive for 15 or 20 seconds.

I'm not ready to take the leap to CM9 yet but when I do I would like to have Webos running cleanly.

How do I get back to a factory fresh level?
  13.    #953  
    Whew, finally had time to update the OP now that 3.0.5 patches are back up.

I'll do a bit more fiddling with the post to incorporate a few new patches everyone should install, I just need to find a little more time to get everything put together.

Anyway - Boltface, if you want to get back to factory fresh, utilize webOS doctor to restore your device to default 3.0.5. Logging into your palm profile will re-download and reinstall all your programs etc, so you'll be mostly back where you started. I suggest doing that, then re-doing most of the patches/etc suggested in the initial post here.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Anyway - Boltface, if you want to get back to factory fresh, utilize webOS doctor to restore your device to default 3.0.5. Logging into your palm profile will re-download and reinstall all your programs etc, so you'll be mostly back where you started. I suggest doing that, then re-doing most of the patches/etc suggested in the initial post here.
    Thanks Doc! The apps are downloading now.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltface View Post
    Thanks Doc! The apps are downloading now.
    Oh well. The doctor didn't fix the problem. What a pain.
  16.    #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltface View Post
    Oh well. The doctor didn't fix the problem. What a pain.
    That confuses me. You need to take time to make a main post on the board and seek help from the higher ups. If you are still having issues post-doctor there may be something wrong with your touchpad - perhaps even a hardware fault.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    ncinerate,

This is my first post as a new Touchpad user. Just received it yesterday. Your guide has been invaluable. I have an android tablet, but the Touchpad just seems more polished. Your guide has made what initially seemed overwwhelming much easier to understand!

It does almost all I need it to do. Two quick questions. Are there any TIFF viewers available for the Touchpad? I did an extensive search and didn't find anything (so probably no). And also - the deal breaker - why does Angry Birds play at less than optimal resolution? Is it my deviceand some setting I need to adjsut, or is it just the way it is? I would like to say it is my daughter complaining about that, but I would be lying : )

Thanks again. I will be doing much more lurking than posting, as I am a noob, but will enjoy reading all I can.

mlinder1958
    BTW, I just realized my Angry Birds problem is because I have the non HD RIO version installed. I'm sure you are relieved to hear that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    What do I use in Preware to reload my patches once they are out of beta?
    Question - I'm trying to update File Manager and TouchVol on my Touchpad, but keep getting an IPKG error. The error says:

"Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -i --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://cdn.precentral"

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error 404

I appreciate any help on this. Thanks in Advance.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    That confuses me. You need to take time to make a main post on the board and seek help from the higher ups. If you are still having issues post-doctor there may be something wrong with your touchpad - perhaps even a hardware fault.
    OK, you ask for it. Here is my story from the beginning.

Touchpad mod'd per your instructions at the top of this topic. All worked fine for some months. Then came 3.0.5. It downloaded probably at least 6 times over a period of a week or two, complete verification successfully but would die during installation with a error message saying installation failed and to try again later. I posted this problem and had a reply but got nothing that helped.

I then tried to remove all mods by individually uninstalling them. Most of them would uninstall or at least it said they completed uninstallation but in fact they were always there and never went away. Well one did go away, govnr I think. I went thru this 'several' times.

So I pressed power/volume up/center button. Got a prompt that ask if I wanted to remove all apps I said yes. Then I was able to upgrade to 3.0.5. Reinstalled all apps but no mods.

Everything seemed fine for a few days and then when I started Splashtop it would come up, run for a few seconds and freeze with a message saying "Application Error - The application Splashtop Remove has quit unexpectedly." The Splashtop screen was still there but nothing happening. Started up Angry Birds HD and hit Play and the screen disappears with the same "Application Error" message. These are the only apps that I've tried that caused this problem.

That's when I ask for help and you said to try Doctor. I did the doctor routine and it seemed to be fine. Downloaded all the apps again, no mods. It worked for a few days and the App Errors returned.

If I power down, the errors will go away for a couple of days and then return. My guess is that the limited success I had with Doctor was simply the power cycle that temporarily fixed the problem.

If anyone was able to slog all the way thru this note, and has any ideas I would be grateful.