Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    the webOS Doctor comes down as a .zip file and not a .jar. is it supposed to be a .jar file?
    i just figured out that i needed to change the extension to .jar. it would of been helpful if it was a .jar file to begin with or a note on the page to change it....not everyone is webOS savvy.
    Thank you very much for the guide, you're very awesome, but I have a problem:
    I was istalling the update 3.0.4 using webos doctor and suddenly the program (after the next) stopped at 42%.I don't know what to do. =( Can you help me??? Please...
    going back to 3.0.2 broke the app catalog....went back to 3.0.4 and the app catalog is still broke. there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside it next to the app catalog icon on the home screen and apps page.

ETA: nevermind, all i had to do is click on the triangle in software manager and it began the download and installation of the app catalog...fixed.
    Last edited by HumanSince1969; 12/14/2011 at 07:47 PM.
    Help! D:

New Touchpad was working GREAT, running 3.0.2. YouTube, Skype, etc. I wanted to update to 3.0.4 via WebOS Doctor and...
    Now my WiFi doesn't work. Every time I try to connect to my WiFi it just comes up "Cannot connect to the Internet through this connection. Try another network."

And I'm even trying my "Guest" network with no security -_-

Then, all of a sudden it hides the connection screen and shows spinning circle then gets a "Server Error" attempting to connect to HP.

Tried running WebOS Doctor again, still same issue. Tried resetting via Power+VolUp+Center, still same issue. Can't get past the damned WELCOME screen
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just did three new Touchpads over the past 48 hours. Unlike my own TP which updated OTA to 3.0.4 not one of the three found 3.0.4. They all went to 3.0.2 no problem, but I had to Doctor these three to get 3.0.4.

I have also noticed many here who had the same issue...seems like an HP end issue.

Great thread for both newbies and those that did their tweaks long ago...and much appreciated!
    updated to 3.04 and my app catalog does not work.

i click the yellow triangle but it loads a small white window then does nothing..

can someone help
    Thanks for your help.
    I just received my TP and don't know what I can do.
  9.    #889  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeter View Post
    updated to 3.04 and my app catalog does not work.

i click the yellow triangle but it loads a small white window then does nothing..

can someone help
    Try rebooting.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    i got it to work thanks..
    Excellent! This is the first bookmark everyone should make.
    pphan2 likes this.
    I am a new TouchPad user and I'd like to thank you ncinerate.

At first, I thought that the SSL search would also apply to the web browser's search button and I did a WebOS Doctor because I disabled the toolbar pop up notifications. Foolish of me, but now I know. Great to see the advanced users helping us newer owners.
    Last edited by pphan2; 12/16/2011 at 10:10 PM.
    I already have a password on my developer mode, where do I find info on resetting that.

thanks.......
    I'm not sure if this should belong to the Wifi thread (please merge if it is) but im pretty frustrated right now due to a failed transaction

(was gonna trade the touchpad + cash for an asus transformer) and I couldnt setup his webos account when we met up.

I was dual booting CM7 alpha 3.5 and webOS and did factory resets on both

CM7 is working fine after the reset with wifi and all but webOS simply goes "Cannot connect through this connection" through my home wifi, my pocket myfi device and my android phone tethering.

The wifi icon does connect and turn white but it displays that message and I cannot continue further.

Any suggestions on fixing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by KaliK0t View Post
    I'm not sure if this should belong to the Wifi thread (please merge if it is) but im pretty frustrated right now due to a failed transaction

(was gonna trade the touchpad + cash for an asus transformer) and I couldnt setup his webos account when we met up.

I was dual booting CM7 alpha 3.5 and webOS and did factory resets on both

CM7 is working fine after the reset with wifi and all but webOS simply goes "Cannot connect through this connection" through my home wifi, my pocket myfi device and my android phone tethering.

The wifi icon does connect and turn white but it displays that message and I cannot continue further.

Any suggestions on fixing it?
    had to use webOS doctor and now everything is working fine
    That is awesome feature! I'll try it as soon as I go home today! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It doesn't mention that overclocking the touchpad voids the warranty. The product is discontinued, but 1 year warranty is still there. You really should mention it.

Thanks for the post though.
    Its mentioned in the preware before you install it.

Sent from my Dell Venue using Tapatalk
  19.    #899  
    Quote Originally Posted by sw6lee View Post
    It doesn't mention that overclocking the touchpad voids the warranty. The product is discontinued, but 1 year warranty is still there. You really should mention it.

Thanks for the post though.
    As a member of the "devils advocate" club, I'm just going to say: So what?

If they were really looking for reasons to void your warranty, installing -any- homebrew might constitute a violation. As it sits, nobody is going to pull your touchpad apart and inspect it's jibbly bits to ensure you never ever overclocked it . Disclaimers are all present as you are attempting to install these sorts of things, and the general "you might melt your device into a puddle of unwarrantied slag" applies. Still, the reality is nearly 100% reliability with not a single instance that I have -ever- seen of someone being denied warranty coverage due to the patching they have done to their phone (kernel or otherwise).
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Thanx much for this highly informative totorial. It seems that "Uberkernel" is no longer available. Zat tru ??...dvwise2