Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou.cheers View Post
    First off, let me say Thank You for your "get Started Guide", it's invaluable! Now on to the newbie dumb questions

I love the "Advanced Browser". Makes me feel like I'm at my PC. Is there any way to make it the default browser, or to load when "just type" is invoked?

The other question concerns the bottom screen Icons. I like the quick launch concept. Are those configurable? Can I change them? Is there an app for that?

Again, Thank You!
    Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no way to make advanced browser the default with "just type". It would be great if a dev could hook that up if nobody has already. As far as the dock icons just tap and hold to rearrange or drag any of your favorite apps or shortcuts there as well. If you would like to delete one of the icons just drag it off the dock and it will disappear.
    192.168.1.1 ( and 0.1) seem no longer active ... correct?
    I just joined this forum to try to learn enough about using a
    Touchpad to decide if i want to buy one instead of an Ipad2. I have never been an Apple buyer and have always used Win Desktops. I dont have a cellphone and dont really need a portable pc to haul around with me.I would like to be able to use the Touchpad to connect to my big screen tv,but i cant tell if that is possible or not. If not i guess i will go with either an Ipad2 or some Android based tablet. I know HP has reversed itself on getting out of the pc biz,but what that means in real terms ..quality tech support etc ...is up in the air at this point from what i have read. I am fairly cabable on my desktop in terms of using it and fixing it so I figure I can educate myself with the help of a wonderful forum like this one , to use the Touchpad. My wife has an Asus Netbook which she opted for vs an Ipad or any other tablet pc.
    Since Im old im not too interested in reinventing the wheel in terms of learning how to use a different type of computer all over again,but i tend to want a non Apple tablet so Im focusing on the Touchpad

Im sure anyone on this forum can tell me if i can connect the Touchpad to my TV set or if that kind of improvement is somehow in the near future of HP's further development.

Thanks for all the work you did to provide education and guidance to users. Your forum gives me the confidence to move ahead and buy a Touchpad knowing I can find answers to my questions or problems if/as they develop.
    There is no way to connect a Touchpad to a TV. There have been people looking into it, but last I checked, there had been no progress.
    I ocassionally watch live TV on my TouchPad.
    1. I have setup one of my PCs at home with a PC TV tuner connected to an over-the-air TV antenna.
    2. On the same PC I have installed and setup Orb.
    3. No matter where I am (as long as I have an adequately speedy internet connection) I connect to my Orb running PC and watch live TV. I can even select the channel I desire.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc83 View Post
    Can anyone please help me with this error:
    I received the same error when i open preware. any solution to this?

help is greatly appreciated. today is the scheduled hp tp upgrade for me.. thanks!

EDIT: the attachment did not appear, im sorry, basically I am receving error when opening preware, a load of text and when preware opens, there's no available packages (not highlighted)

EDIT: it somehow loaded and the available packages is the only one that highlighted. I can see govnah but not uberkernel and other recommended patches.

help please
    Last edited by toneng; 11/26/2011 at 02:44 AM. Reason: missing attachment in quoted post
    i am getting a 64g this week and was wondering what happens to my paid apps on my launch day Pre when i sign into my Palm Profile on the Touchpad and it syncs my info.. if they have a webOs 2.x or 3.x version will i be required to re-buy them?
    hey guys, hey ncinerate, I'm having problems with the adobe reader, I made the pdf update that opens each file in the last page viewed and allows me to change quality in L,M,H and P. And I read mostly heavy pdf files like comics and scanned books and I can barely put M as quality because if I put H or P the whole page just goes blank and I won't load, I have to close it and open it again and just stay in M quality. Can't I use higher qualities without it having problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by BEARCATJER View Post
    I just joined this forum to try to learn enough about using a
    Touchpad to decide if i want to buy one instead of an Ipad2. I have never been an Apple buyer and have always used Win Desktops. I dont have a cellphone and dont really need a portable pc to haul around with me.I would like to be able to use the Touchpad to connect to my big screen tv,but i cant tell if that is possible or not. If not i guess i will go with either an Ipad2 or some Android based tablet. I know HP has reversed itself on getting out of the pc biz,but what that means in real terms ..quality tech support etc ...is up in the air at this point from what i have read. I am fairly cabable on my desktop in terms of using it and fixing it so I figure I can educate myself with the help of a wonderful forum like this one , to use the Touchpad. My wife has an Asus Netbook which she opted for vs an Ipad or any other tablet pc.
    Since Im old im not too interested in reinventing the wheel in terms of learning how to use a different type of computer all over again,but i tend to want a non Apple tablet so Im focusing on the Touchpad

Im sure anyone on this forum can tell me if i can connect the Touchpad to my TV set or if that kind of improvement is somehow in the near future of HP's further development.

Thanks for all the work you did to provide education and guidance to users. Your forum gives me the confidence to move ahead and buy a Touchpad knowing I can find answers to my questions or problems if/as they develop.

Hey bearcatjer, kudos on reading the post. It's great that you want to buy a tablet but it seems weird to me that you don't mention a budget, comparing an ipad 2 and a touchpad is comparing two very different price ranges, one starts at 500 and the other is half that price. I've had a touchpad for a few months now and I've done everything there is to do on it and let me tell you it's great. It performs awesome taking into account what I paid for it but I would still have personally prefered to have bought an ipad 2, but the touchpad costed 250 in my country and the cheapest ipad goes for 650. Ipad is waaay cooler and more powerful and if you don't want that I would go for a galaxy tab 10.1. The worst about webos is that it's practically dead. We support each other through posts and forums like this and we do pretty good but there are a lot more posibilities with android or ios, apps come out every single day and there is always third parties to design more, unlike web os. I'd say having web os is more or less like having a symbian phone, it's good but android and IOS have more posibilities, apps and games. It's just that a Galaxy tab 10.1 or an ipad 2 will cost twice as much as a touchpad so that's your call. And By the way there is no way to connect a touchpad to a TV. Good luck with your choice let me know how it goes...
    I'm getting ready to give my TP as a gift, what do I need to do to get my info off & prep the TP for a new owner? I have the 3.04 upgrade, preware and govna installed & am not sure if I want to keep those options and just erase my HP account and personal info or if I want to just go back to stock 3.04 ?

Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by geekbabe; 11/29/2011 at 04:23 PM.
  11.    #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by thief2323 View Post
    hey guys, hey ncinerate, I'm having problems with the adobe reader, I made the pdf update that opens each file in the last page viewed and allows me to change quality in L,M,H and P. And I read mostly heavy pdf files like comics and scanned books and I can barely put M as quality because if I put H or P the whole page just goes blank and I won't load, I have to close it and open it again and just stay in M quality. Can't I use higher qualities without it having problems?
    While patching does help improve the pdf experience, there are plenty of examples of things it won't help - and you may have found one.

you can do serious pdf work on the touchpad, but you'll need to install android to do it.

sorry!
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Thanks for your efforts.

I can't get pass the password section in DEVELOPER MODE. I'm trying to click through IAW your instructions, to no avail.

Any work arounds?

Thanks again.

WG
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    While patching does help improve the pdf experience, there are plenty of examples of things it won't help - and you may have found one.

you can do serious pdf work on the touchpad, but you'll need to install android to do it.

sorry!
    thanks ncinerate, one more question, i remember finding out there already was a way to install android on the TP and dualboot but that it wasnt final and stable, now your post has at the get started guide a section that says "how to install android soon" ... is there a stable and reliable way already? thanks
    is there anyway to get sites like hypem or pottermore to work? That and having connectivity with my phone. Just got my touchpad yesterday and have been browsing sites I usually visit on my laptop after doing most of the things in the op
    Thanks a bunch. Just picked up my Touchpad and though I think it's a little large/heavy, I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit.
    Thanks. I could not get ubuntu up and running using the other 2 methods, but your method worked.
    as i was going through the various tweaks, my touchpad hung and is now stuck at the hp logo.

I have tried to restart it by holding down the standby and home buttons together. however, it is does not work and it is still stuck at the logo when i run webOS.

android runs fine though.

please help!
  18.    #858  
    Quote Originally Posted by galgal90 View Post
    as i was going through the various tweaks, my touchpad hung and is now stuck at the hp logo.

I have tried to restart it by holding down the standby and home buttons together. however, it is does not work and it is still stuck at the logo when i run webOS.

android runs fine though.

please help!
    You've installed android on the touchpad, something not covered in the scope of this document as-of-yet. I have no idea what you've done to bork up the touchpad, but my suggestion would be to return it to stock with the android uninstaller provided by cyanogen, then run webOS doctor to get webOS back up and running before proceeding.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Hey everyone I'm Zach and i am brand new to this. just got my touchpad 2 days ago and i am brand new, and want to possibly put android or preware on my touchpad. help please? thank you
    **Guys... please keep the OpenSource discussions in those forums. Also, please remember that we have a whole other site for Android discussions. Thank you
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/09/2011 at 04:33 PM.