Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    The OP did a really great job of collecting the patches and tweaks.

Big "LIKE" from me.

Is there something similar for the Pre3 yet?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Does installing the preware patch "Muffle System Logging" make Set Logging to Minimal
    (found in Device Info>Diagnostics>Collect Logs>Change Logging Levels...>Set Logging to Minimal) unnecessary? What does it do that Set Logging to Minimal does not?

If Muffle System Logging is not installed, I read somewhere that adding or updating apps, can reset the logging profile and the 'Set Logging to Minimal' may have to be done again.

Is there a way to tell on the TP whether or not logging is already set to minimum?
    hi everyone.. am i the only one having sound problems on the tp? what happens is that sometimes when i leave something open and lock the screen and then unlock it after a couple of minutes the sound either dissappears and and it's like its on mute but it's not or the sound damages and i sounds "dirty", like old speakers with gravel inside... both problems get fixed after a device reboot, but can i do something to not have them? i've been having them every two days or so... does anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I am having difficulty installing Preware on my wife's TP (I have previously installed it on a Pre+, Pre3, and my TP). TP is in developer mode and plugged into usb but not usb mode. Device is recognized in WOSQI. When I pull up the apps gallery, I only find preware under Pre, Pixi, and Emulator. I have tried to install from Pre menu, but get an error and then nothing on the TP downloads. However, it shows up as a app when I pull up Device Management on WOSQI (I have since deleted Preware from Device Management because I can't find it on the TP). Any idea what I am doing incorrectly?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    I am having difficulty installing Preware on my wife's TP (I have previously installed it on a Pre+, Pre3, and my TP). TP is in developer mode and plugged into usb but not usb mode. Device is recognized in WOSQI. When I pull up the apps gallery, I only find preware under Pre, Pixi, and Emulator. I have tried to install from Pre menu, but get an error and then nothing on the TP downloads. However, it shows up as a app when I pull up Device Management on WOSQI (I have since deleted Preware from Device Management because I can't find it on the TP). Any idea what I am doing incorrectly?
    Nevermind. I had to restart the TP and now Preware shows up under downloads.
    Windows 2000 # Novacom...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishing to get my Win2K (Service pack 4) IBM T30 Thinkpad to recognise TouchPad, as important mobile backup for WOSQI/Doctor/Preware etc.

Already have HPTP running fine through WinXP desktop. Preware etc installed. But Windows 2000 is giving me trouble!

Have installed latest WOSQI + Novacom + Java (and removed old Java versions) on Win2k machine.

Dev Mode: 'On'.

2K Device Manager recognises 'HP webOS-device USB Device' under Disc Drives and asks for a driver for "? webOS-device" in 'Found New Hardware'.
    No 'Palm Novacom Module' listed.

Temp disabled Firewall & AV.

'Novacomd' visible in Add/Remove Programs.

Nothing 'Palm' or 'Novacom' visible in 'Services'.

WOSQI not recognising TouchPad..

Been around in a few circles with this on two different machines with different versions of Java, Novacom and WOSQI.. and would now REALLY appreciate any hints!
    Is it 'Java' not hitting into Win 2000 'Services'?

Thank you!

EDIT: Later.. It has since been suggested to me elsewhere here that Win2K is the 'problem' and Novacom will only register with WinXP onwards.. though this was not apparently made clear in the postings & threads here?

TP 32Gb F4 3.0.4.
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/03/2011 at 08:51 AM.
    ncinerate, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this guide. I overclocked to 1.5 Ghz and now TV shows run much better.

I had some problems; couldn't get it to work using linux, but it did work in virtual Windows XP. Windows appeared to hang on the novacom driver install, although a restart showed that it installed OK.

When I changed the router setting from WPA/WPA2 to just WPA2, the sound was messed up, so I changed it back.

I'm confused about the webOSdoctor. Should it be installed so that it is there in case of trouble?
    Thanks, zoey_s
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
    "Option one is to tap the arrow at the bottom right of your screen, swipe to the right"

mine seems to work when I swipe to the left..just bounces back and forth when I swipe to the right...????
    Quote Originally Posted by fgdn17 View Post
    "Option one is to tap the arrow at the bottom right of your screen, swipe to the right"

mine seems to work when I swipe to the left..just bounces back and forth when I swipe to the right...????
    Maybe just drop in the 'No Launcher Button' patch and swipe away!
    I did a quick search but couldn't find anything on this.

I was fortunate to get a TP in early Sept, I've installed some apps and I'm finally getting around to installing preware and setting it to 1.5.

I got to step 1 in the first post and was at the part where it said "Perform a FULL ERASE".. but I don't really want to do it bc I've paid for some apps.

If I go ahead with the erase, will the app store recognize that I've already paid for the apps and make them available for me to download again?
    Quote Originally Posted by hiphoptouchpad View Post

I was fortunate to get a TP in early Sept, I've installed some apps and I'm finally getting around to installing preware and setting it to 1.5.

I got to step 1 in the first post and was at the part where it said "Perform a FULL ERASE".. but I don't really want to do it bc I've paid for some apps.

If I go ahead with the erase, will the app store recognize that I've already paid for the apps and make them available for me to download again?
    no need for a full erase. Start with the minimal logging tip and set to developer mode then the steps for preware install
  12.    #812  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiphoptouchpad View Post

WOAH WOAH WOAH .

If you read the post, here is -exactly- what is said:

Your second option, is to run webOS doctor to update to 3.0.4. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MANAGED TO UPGRADE TO 3.0.4 WITH THE NORMAL OVER-THE-AIR SYSTEM UPDATE DO NOT PERFORM THIS STEP.

Once again, DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU CANNOT UPGRADE IN THE "NORMAL" WAY!

Did you hear me? Don't run webOS doctor unless you have a good reason to (your touchpad is broken or your touchpad won't update with the update program).

Ok, I tried to warn you. Ready to do a webOS doctor? Lets go!

And then, a bit later in that same section, it talks about doing a FULL ERASE.

My point here is, you ONLY do these steps (including the full erase) if you -can't- get your touchpad updated to 3.0.4 using the normal update route on the device, or if you had a REASON to run webOS doctor. What you are reading is a section explaining how to run webOS doctor, a completely unnecessary step for most people. I included it in my "new touchpad" guide because at the time, tons of people couldn't get their touchpads updated during the HUGE crunch for updates that the firesale brought about. Also, some people -will- bork their touchpad during the whole tweaking process and may need instructions on how to fix it (webOS doctor does the trick).

So, for the umpteenth time, DONT RUN WEBOS DOCTOR OR FOLLOW ANY PART OF THE WEBOS DOCTOR SECTION OF MY ORIGINAL POST UNLESS YOU HAVE A GOOOOOOD REASON TO.

I say this with all the love I can .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  13.    #813  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    I'm confused about the webOSdoctor. Should it be installed so that it is there in case of trouble?
    Thanks, zoey_s
    See the above post .

Short answer: Only run webOS if you have a good reason to.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    See the above post .

Short answer: Only run webOS if you have a good reason to.
    I followed your instructions and updated and overclocked my TP without webdoctor. I think that I have figured out that webdoctor is a program run through a PC, not an app. installed on the TP.
    Thanks, zoey
    Ordered One 16 Gb 08/21
    Delivered 10/20
    #staycoolmybabies
  15.    #815  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey_s View Post
    I followed your instructions and updated and overclocked my TP without webdoctor. I think that I have figured out that webdoctor is a program run through a PC, not an app. installed on the TP.
    Thanks, zoey
    Yes, exactly.

WebOS doctor is a program you run on your PC to fully return the touchpad to stock settings etc. DONT RUN IT UNLESS YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON TO.

And, since you have properly set up and even overclocked your touchpad, you would fall into the "DONT RUN IT" category .

No reason to download it and have it ready either. If you break your touchpad and need webOS doctor, you'll know. Just come back to this post and you can get all the instructions explaining how to get yourself back up and running .

hey ncinerate i thought maybe you'd want to add this to the "cool things you could put into your TP" section after the guide, it's perfectly legal and free, its awesome and very easy to use. I just connect to my pc from wherever i am and have windows 7 on my TP

Get the app for your HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by thief2323 View Post
    hey ncinerate i thought maybe you'd want to add this to the "cool things you could put into your TP" section after the guide, it's perfectly legal and free, its awesome and very easy to use. I just connect to my pc from wherever i am and have windows 7 on my TP

Get the app for your HP TouchPad
    Its already there.
    The TouchPadTalk website referred to in a post waaaay earlier is offline and attempts to contact the owner haven't been responded to. Am looking for the information on connecting email, as my netaddress account allows me to see the folders in imap, but cannot see mail in them.

Settings they want used are:

1. Go to the set up section of your email software.
    2. Set the protocol (or mail server type) to IMAP.
    3. Change the Incoming Mail (IMAP) information to: imap.postoffice.net
    4. Change your IMAP User Name or Account to your new Net@ddress User Name using the following format: [email address].
    5. Change your "Reply To" address to your new Net@ddress address (for example, [email address]).
    6. For your Outgoing Mail (SMTP) information, you may use our SMTP server address, smtp.postoffice.net, or your ISP's Outgoing Mail server address, which you must obtain from your ISP. Note: If using our SMTP server, you must use authenticated SMTP.

Have been through all of that, and their tech support, yet the best we've been able to do is have the touchpad see the folders.

FWIW, this issue also exists for my Pre3, but my Pre+ had no problems picking up using pop3 (which doesn't work on the touchpad either)

Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot ncinerate! This was really helpful and made the touchpad way better in my opinion. I was also wondering if I should try and install android on the TP, or if I should wait for a Beta at least. Is it still far away from being a beta?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Finally received the TouchPad I bought on eBay today! Love it, and thanks for this great starting guide! Muy useful :-)