Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jadams1 View Post
    I followed all instructions after having to webos doctor my tp. Was able to get preware downloaded and running, installed the recommended patches, and now when i go back to preware its stuck on the reading saved package list page?!?!?! HELP
    Restart you TP I had this yesterday and a restart fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chillg8r View Post
    it seems that MSL is the patch causing the problem. Update the others individually. I haven't seen an answer to the MSL issue yet.
    I was having the problems with the MSL, tried the Emergency Patch Recovery but that made it worse ;-(, so I had to visit the WebDoc.
  3.    #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
    I was having the problems with the MSL, tried the Emergency Patch Recovery but that made it worse ;-(, so I had to visit the WebDoc.
    Strange - no issues with MSL here. Go figure :/.

I've heard if your having issues, this post may have the solution:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3224613

Hope that helps someone else before they need to hit up the Doc!
    Last edited by ncinerate; 10/26/2011 at 05:50 AM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    I ask this question because yesterday evening I had some issues with the muffle logging and when using the EPR, everything was missng and I couldn't select the "shutdown" because it too was hidden/ "missing".

So I did a full erase and a Doc (3.0.4), no big deal I've only had the TP a couple of weeks and not much has been set up other than from the your first post.

Anyway, it did take me through the region selection etc. and I had to log back into the profile and update various apps. I installed the "Add Launcher" app prior to webdoc but when I got back to my machine it still had it loaded?

Do I have to something else to get a completely fresh system as if out of the box?

I also did a Secure Erase but again the additional launcher pages Games and Homebrew were there and the messenger app was not on the main toolbar. So from what I can see it hasn't taken me back to a fresh system.

I know I've missed something but not sure what?
    Hope this all makes sense! ;-)

Thanks
  5.    #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
    I ask this question because yesterday evening I had some issues with the muffle logging and when using the EPR, everything was missng and I couldn't select the "shutdown" because it too was hidden/ "missing".

So I did a full erase and a Doc (3.0.4), no big deal I've only had the TP a couple of weeks and not much has been set up other than from the your first post.

Anyway, it did take me through the region selection etc. and I had to log back into the profile and update various apps. I installed the "Add Launcher" app prior to webdoc but when I got back to my machine it still had it loaded?

Do I have to something else to get a completely fresh system as if out of the box?

I also did a Secure Erase but again the additional launcher pages Games and Homebrew were there and the messenger app was not on the main toolbar. So from what I can see it hasn't taken me back to a fresh system.

I know I've missed something but not sure what?
    Hope this all makes sense! ;-)

Thanks
    Running webos doctor should take you back to a totally fresh unit...... I have no idea why you would have things that carried over. Are you sure you ran a webOS doctor?
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Running webos doctor should take you back to a totally fresh unit...... I have no idea why you would have things that carried over. Are you sure you ran a webOS doctor?
    Pretty sure, I downloaded the 3.0.4 version from the web,using a simlar link to that of the 3.0.2 version just tweaked the URL. It went through what you describe in you main post.

I wondered if it has come from a restore but I thought that with this being a patch/app it wouldn't restore it would have to be reinstalled.

I might try the 3.0.2 version of the DOC then 3.0.4 OTA on full battery.
    Mine seems to work for about 30mins when the battery indicates 0%?? Not sure about that either.
    Last edited by Teejay1; 10/26/2011 at 07:08 AM.
    I am trying to reinstall webOS and restore my touchpad to factory settings. I put the TP to USB mode and when when I run the webOS doctor, it gets stuck on 12% with following message

26-Oct-2011 18:40:34 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint

INFO: Trenchcoat: Cluster 299510 out of range (5242976 > 839730). Setting to EOF

I keep on getting same message no matter what I try do. I even tried connecting the TP to windows and format it to NTFS format and try again with the webOS doctor but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Hi Everyone.

I'm on Google News, type in "Chicago", and bookmark the URL address.

It appears to be bookmarked, and when I press the "i" next to the bookmark (to edit it), the word "chicago" is part of the URL address.

But when I try to access the bookmark, what appears is as follows,

(i'm using the Spanish version of Google News)

Google

But if I try to edit the bookmark, I get the following:

Google

Question is, why doesn't the entire bookmark load?
    Please note that the long-form URL will appear in the URL box for about 0.25 seconds, then the shorter version, without "Chicago" will appear. The upshot?

Instead of a Google News with "Chicago" stories, i get the standard Google search page.
    hi guys, is there a way to send a recieve files with the touchpad via bluetooth now that it can be paired with any phone? i have a nokia n8 with symbian anna and when i try to send a file to the TP it says sending... and sent. but i never find it in the TP and the TP doesnt have a "send via bluetooth" option... is waiting for an official update our only choice?
    hey everyone i'm having problems with my tp, every once in a while the sound stops working in both speakers and headphones and videos wont play, a luna restart wont fix it, it has to be a complete device restart and i tought "fine its not that often" but it happened again and i tried to restart it and it wouldnt do it, it just acted as if i'd hit cancel instead of device restart, i thought i had to wait for the battery to run out but it did restart itself after like 7 minutes or so... what can i do to stop this from happening?
    Thief are you updated to 3.0.4?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Thief are you updated to 3.0.4?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    yes...
    My keypad and responsiveness was 100% better with 3.0.4, but I decided to install Buttah to see if it would become even better. Nothing seemed to change, so I uninstalled it, but now the responsiveness seems to be off. I am back to having hit certain keys twice for them to take. Could installing this and uninstalling it cause the default sensitivity to be altered? It could all be in my head, but I don't "think" so.
    If I had already set Logging to minimal, is there a need to use the Muffle System Logging patch? The reason I asked is because I had it installed, I saw that it needed to be updated and ran the update. I got an updating error, so I tried to remove and got the same error. I am updated to 3.0.4.
  16.    #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    My keypad and responsiveness was 100% better with 3.0.4, but I decided to install Buttah to see if it would become even better. Nothing seemed to change, so I uninstalled it, but now the responsiveness seems to be off. I am back to having hit certain keys twice for them to take. Could installing this and uninstalling it cause the default sensitivity to be altered? It could all be in my head, but I don't "think" so.
    I'm guessing placebo effect.

I too had no issues with sensitivity in 3.0.4. A handful of typing tests averaged out showed a SLIGHT improvement in typing using buttah for me. Removing it put me back to my normal average.

I have it installed now, but honestly I could use the touchpad either way. 3.0.4 sensitivity is pretty damned spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
    If I had already set Logging to minimal, is there a need to use the Muffle System Logging patch? The reason I asked is because I had it installed, I saw that it needed to be updated and ran the update. I got an updating error, so I tried to remove and got the same error. I am updated to 3.0.4.
    Just a few posts up from yours (now on the previous page) is the answer to your error question/issue. To save you from having to scroll and click, I will post it for you. I know ncinerate recommends (if I am incorrect, please correct me) the patch as removing any unnecessary logging is a benefit.

Last edited by Squatting Hen; 10/28/2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I'm guessing placebo effect.

I too had no issues with sensitivity in 3.0.4. A handful of typing tests averaged out showed a SLIGHT improvement in typing using buttah for me. Removing it put me back to my normal average.

I have it installed now, but honestly I could use the touchpad either way. 3.0.4 sensitivity is pretty damned spot-on.
    That's gotta be it. Although I did change the kepboard size to determine if I really like the large or not, and that could have thrown me off. Large seems a little more responsive to me. Could be the buttons are just bigger.

I guess I will just put it back on. Can't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Just a few posts up from yours (now on the previous page) is the answer to your error question/issue. To save you from having to scroll and click, I will post it for you. I know ncinerate recommends (if I am incorrect, please correct me) the patch as removing any unnecessary logging is a benefit.

Thanks for the help, it is all fixed now.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
    Same situation with me.