Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    I wonder if the ripple is still a problem. I'm not getting the lag with it as I did before. I wonder if the update fixed the pull on resources it had before.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I wonder if the ripple is still a problem. I'm not getting the lag with it as I did before. I wonder if the update fixed the pull on resources it had before.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I gotta b honest. I never had a prob w the ripple. I actually like it as it confirms that I actually did tap the screen and the location of the tap. I tried the remove ripple patch prior to the update but removed the patch about 1 day after having it. Did it really cause that much of a lag? I didn't notice the ripple being a problem for me.
    ...perhaps this has been answered and I just missed it while reading the thread.

Do I need to remove all existing patches, mods, overclocking etc prior to updating to 3.0.4?

Sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Ok, I've updated the guide to 3.0.4 and shuffled some things
    around to clean everything up.

The patches section is still a bit slim because not every patch has been updated for 3.0.4. I'll add to that as they come online.

Enjoy!
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
  4.    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTouchpad View Post
    ...perhaps this has been answered and I just missed it while reading the thread.

Do I need to remove all existing patches, mods, overclocking etc prior to updating to 3.0.4?

Sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered.
    Nope, no patch removal necessary. Only things you need to revert before update are themes, these are not update safe.

Even if you screw up, fixing it is a webos doctor away.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Nope, no patch removal necessary. Only things you need to revert before update are themes, these are not update safe.

Even if you screw up, fixing it is a webos doctor away.
    Thank you very much for the reply...going to charge my TP overnight and then maybe tackle this tomorrow.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    It seems like that Toucplayer is also missing from preware for me. Is that really the case or am I just not seeing it?
    I'm getting an error when I try and install uberkernel. Something about the device Kernel not being the default one and so it doesn't install. The only thing I did was wipe the touchpad after the 3.04 update. Should I doctor it or was it my app/settings restore from webOS to blame?

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    93 5444k 93 5100k 0 0 438k 0 0:00:12 0:00:11 0:00:01 596k
    100 5444k 100 5444k 0 0 446k 0 0:00:12 0:00:12 --:--:-- 629k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/authenc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/lrw.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/serpent.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish_common.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/xts.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qce.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcedev.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcrypto.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.Jo
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibishirasu View Post

The only thing I did was wipe the touchpad after the 3.04 update.
    What do you mean by this?
    I am struggling with Kalemsoft, I think I got the ports right, but not sure how to enable UPNP on Router, can anyone help? Thanks if you can I am on Windows 7 if that matters.
    Last edited by LW1877; 10/22/2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: update
    I'm unable to open the flashplayer site. Any suggestions?

Also I can never load all the packages when I start preware. I almost always get an error and it doesn't show all the packages. I think most of the time it's 486 total packages and sometimes 463. Is this normal?
    Last edited by omnicious; 10/22/2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    That I went into device info and selected secure erase to reformat it.
    dear all, i'm new to the forum and i had TP 32 GB , i update it ti 3.0.4. as in the first step i installed the preware when i started it ,it takes very long time to load reading saved package list and the circle is still circulating with no list yet
    i was using the preware before in 3.0.2 and it works perfectly
    is it normal to take all this long time the list or any mistake????
    Resolved the issue, installed the palm kernel first and then uber. Must not have restored the palm kernel when I wiped the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    dear all, i'm new to the forum and i had TP 32 GB , i update it ti 3.0.4. as in the first step i installed the preware when i started it ,it takes very long time to load reading saved package list and the circle is still circulating with no list yet
    i was using the preware before in 3.0.2 and it works perfectly
    is it normal to take all this long time the list or any mistake????
    Turn off your touchpad holding in the power button on top. Restart it. You are good to go!
  15.    #735  
    Resolved the issue, installed the palm kernel first and then uber. Must not have restored the palm kernel when I wiped the touchpad.
    I was going to suggest this - glad to hear you got it sorted out .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  16.    #736  
    Quote Originally Posted by omnicious View Post
    I'm unable to open the flashplayer site. Any suggestions?

Also I can never load all the packages when I start preware. I almost always get an error and it doesn't show all the packages. I think most of the time it's 486 total packages and sometimes 463. Is this normal?
    Your unable to see -any- flash? What do you mean by your unable to open flashplayer?

If you've managed to somehow break your flashplayer it may mean a trip to the webOS doctor... I did that by accident a couple times while investigating a new HULU fix.

17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by LW1877 View Post
    I am struggling with Kalemsoft, I think I got the ports right, but not sure how to enable UPNP on Router, can anyone help? Thanks if you can I am on Windows 7 if that matters.
    Because of the massive amount of routers/options/configurations/etc etc etc there is really no way for me to answer this question.

I suggest googling how to enable UPNP on your particular brand of router and start there. Good luck!

I'm getting an error when I try and install uberkernel. Something about the device Kernel not being the default one and so it doesn't install. The only thing I did was wipe the touchpad after the 3.04 update. Should I doctor it or was it my app/settings restore from webOS to blame?

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    93 5444k 93 5100k 0 0 438k 0 0:00:12 0:00:11 0:00:01 596k
    100 5444k 100 5444k 0 0 446k 0 0:00:12 0:00:12 --:--:-- 629k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/authenc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/lrw.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/serpent.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/twofish_common.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/xts.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qce.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcedev.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/crypto/msm/qcrypto.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.Jo
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

same exact error so you suggest perform doctor or just erase everything ?

thanks
  19.    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by 999faz View Post
    same exact error so you suggest perform doctor or just erase everything ?

thanks
    Install the palm kernel from preware, then after a reboot, install uberkernel.

If that doesn't work, you've somehow borked up your kernel and need to do a full webOS doctor.

20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    I don't see the remove ripple patch, is it still there?
    It's in preware - just had to be updated for 3.0.4. It's a must-have patch for me, I hate the ripple and would remove it even without any added performance benefit.