Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    >>Increase Touchpad Volume (lite)
    advanced reset options
    faster card animations hyper version
    increase touch sensitivity(THIS IS A MUST HAVE PATCH.)
    muffle system logging
    quiet powered messages
    remove dropped packet logging
    unset cfq io scheduler
    unthrottle download manager (Speeds up downloads massively!)
    private browsing

---------
    I do not see any of these in the Preware app. Am I missing something?
    I also do not see the overclocking option on Govnah for more than 1.188
    Deepwater07 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibar View Post
    advanced reset options
    increase touch sensitivity(THIS IS A MUST HAVE PATCH.)2
    muffle system logging
    quiet powered messages
    unset cfq io scheduler
    private browsing

---------
    I haven't checked yet, but are you saying that these patches are back up for the new update, or are they the ones you recommend? I had my TP working so great with everything you mentioned above and a bunch more. We'll get back there as the homebrew geniuses get the patches compatible again.

Oh wouldn't it be so grand if these patches were apart of the OS!! Why can't this happen. I still don't even know what improved with this new update!
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by ibar View Post
    advanced reset options
    increase touch sensitivity(THIS IS A MUST HAVE PATCH.)
    muffle system logging
    quiet powered messages
    unset cfq io scheduler
    private browsing

---------
    Please read the first sentence of the main post. This guide has not been updated yet for 3.0.4. Patches haven't all been made compatible yet.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    this guide was a fantastic help. it was the first thing i did before even opening the box to my TP.

as for the TP...

you can really see the missing fit/finish/polish on this OS compared to ios. I would never pay $600 for an ipad but im used to my I4 so there are a lot of quirks ive found in less than 4 hours with this device. there seem to be alot of corners cut or young ideas within the OS that seems to pop up as you doodle around everywhere. heck, there are multiple stock items that just dont seem finished at all.

that said, its a wonderful device for $150 and for what ill be using it for, i am super happy with it. I'd hang myself with the usb cord if i paid over $500 for it though. The overall package just isn't there for that type of money.

looking forward to future updates to polish out some of the issues and getting a better feel for the OS to appreciate it some more.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for this guide. I cannot wait for you to update. I just received my TP in the mail today!
    Quote Originally Posted by edemauro View Post
    Thank you so much for this guide. I cannot wait for you to update. I just received my TP in the mail today!
    Man, you got someone to do your updates for you? You're so lucky. And then a
    usb charging takes an eternity. hoping the wall charger is better.
    HP SMB: TP 32GB Confirmed 8/21 :: Delivered 10/19
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah12 View Post
    yes, use the wall charger, the output of the supplied charger is 5.3v, your USB ports are 5v +/- 5% and the touchpad is picky. and make sure you plug in the cable fully, it's pretty snug on the TP
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah12 View Post
    Goodest God, get yourself the dag gone Touchstone!! I still have my Pre- from 2-1/2 years ago. I haven't plugged in a cable in a WebOS device for charging purposes for that long. Happy times!
    After updating to 3.04 I put the Touchpad in the the big USB ICON by holding the up volume.... I cannot get the WebosQuick Install to see it tried the nocacom reinstall etal but no luck ...
    Is this my error?
    Thanks so much for all your hard work ncinerate, looking forward to the new patches. I am still on the 3.0.2 but I am sure I will be forced to update soon from what I am reading
    Quote Originally Posted by bsflyer View Post
    After updating to 3.04 I put the Touchpad in the the big USB ICON by holding the up volume.... I cannot get the WebosQuick Install to see it tried the nocacom reinstall etal but no luck ...
    Is this my error?
    You don't want it in USB mode. The laptop will recognize it by just plugging USB cable in. Am I correct everyone?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    bsflyer, a commonly overlooked step when doctoring your phone is to forget to reenable devmode. I know I've done that a few times. Just an Idea.
    ive read a long time ago around when the TP first came out that applying patches in preware yielded adverse effects when doing a luna restart at times. is this at all the case now or can i quit doing full restarts and just do luna?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i have my touchpad on my touchstone beside my bed and it lit in the middle of the night, woke me up and saw that it updated itself! i've been seeing the update notification but kept ignoring it as i'm currently happy with my my overclocked touchpad (warthog at 1.7). checked it this morning and saw some of the patches are working but my overclock settings weren't there. it does seem faster though.

to OP thanks for the guide! have been constantly checking this guide so i can tweak my TP for best performance!
  16.    #716  
    Ok, I've updated the guide to 3.0.4 and shuffled some things around to clean everything up.

The patches section is still a bit slim because not every patch has been updated for 3.0.4. I'll add to that as they come online.

Enjoy!
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    So what patches haven't been updated yet?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I got Touchstone updated to 3.0.4 a couple of days ago and this afternoon updated to 1.5.
  19.    #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by omnicious View Post
    So what patches haven't been updated yet?
    Lots haven't. It's not unusual for it to take a week or two after an update for all the assorted "most useful" patches to be back up and operating.

They'll get there though - 3.0.4 is already IMHO remarkably better than 3.0.2 and overclocking is back online which was the only major thing we were missing.

Make the jump.

I don't see the remove ripple patch, is it still there?