Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Hmm... ok thanks. I'm not sure if I want to do that, since running my Pre+ apps in the touchpad isn't worth it really. so I suppose I'll make a new profile

Thanks. again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Try giving the touchpad some time to charge plugged into the wall and give it another shot. Once charged, you can try to turn it on. Try holding power for a long time, or, failing that, try holding power, home, and volume up and down simultaneously for 30 seconds.

also, why are you doctoring? Only doctor if you have a good reason to, update the touchpad from the system update app if at all possible.
    thanks! It's working again!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The auction on eBay begins Oct. 16 (Sunday) at 6:30 PM PST and it ends Oct. 23rd (Sunday) Pacific Standard Time.
    The beginning bid price is only $99.00.
    I sold my other one on eBay and after 11 bidders it sold for just a little over $100.
    The link is provided below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1190
    ok, so i cant read thru 35 pages, and quick search didnt help.

I didnt know about this webosdoctor thing until now, but i already got some apps installed and preware on it.....can i do the webosdoctor now? or does it have to be the first thing done? Thanks
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by hktofu View Post
    ok, so i cant read thru 35 pages, and quick search didnt help.

I didnt know about this webosdoctor thing until now, but i already got some apps installed and preware on it.....can i do the webosdoctor now? or does it have to be the first thing done? Thanks
    Woah woah. You only do webos doctor if you have a good reason to.

If you are updated to 3.0.2 through the normal channels, DO NOT USE WEBOS DOCTOR! Webos doctor is meant to fix a "broken" touchpad, not to "update" a working one . I included instructions on how to perform a doctor in the original post because at the time there was hundreds of thousands of new touchpads hitting and the update servers were slammed. It should be no issue to update to 3.0.2 using the updater inside your settings folder on the touchpad, so skip the whole webos doctor section in the "new touchpad, heres your guide" post.

If you have preware and you're good to go, you can just move down the page and start installing goodies and turning off logging etc. Soon, your touchpad will be remarkably nicer.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    thanks for the info, I was just about to do a reset, lol. Okay, so i got most the patches downloaded, but I cannot install "Increase touch sensitivity and smoothness"

Postinst:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg.....

2 out of 4 hunks FAILED ---saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej

any idea?
    ok... if i install 3.0.4 update... do i have to redo all my preware patches etc? and do i lose any data like bookmarks etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    ok... if i install 3.0.4 update... do i have to redo all my preware patches etc? and do i lose any data like bookmarks etc?
    I am wondering the same thing....
  9.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    Many patches won't be immediately compatible with 3.0.4. It won't break anything if you update, it will simply effectively deactivate those patches. When they are updated, preware will show you new updated patches you can install that will reactivate the relevant patches.

That said - I recommend performing the update. It's fixing a lot of annoying quirks and I'm loving 3.0.4 . It also makes several patches unnecessary - for example the touchpad sensitivity in 3.0.4 is remarkably improved which removes the need (in my opinion) of the "touchpad sensitivity" patch. Historically speaking, it usually takes a week or so for all the patches/overclocks/etc to get ported over to a new patch. You'll be back to normal very quickly.

Bookmarks carry over, as to many other little tweaks you might have done (my "just type" message is still changed, for example). No harm in upgrading.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    mibaksh likes this.
    nc! thank you so much! Currently applying the update.

I removed touch sensitivity a while back though, i noticed it was starting to behave... weird.

__

I am not sure if we are allowed to post links from other websites but there is a patch that fixes some quirks in Adobe Reader... adds bookmarks, rendering options etc. post or no?
    Many patches won't be immediately compatible with 3.0.4. It won't break anything if you update, it will simply effectively deactivate those patches. When they are updated, preware will show you new updated patches you can install that will reactivate the relevant patches.

That said - I recommend performing the update. It's fixing a lot of annoying quirks and I'm loving 3.0.4 . It also makes several patches unnecessary - for example the touchpad sensitivity in 3.0.4 is remarkably improved which removes the need (in my opinion) of the "touchpad sensitivity" patch. Historically speaking, it usually takes a week or so for all the patches/overclocks/etc to get ported over to a new patch. You'll be back to normal very quickly.

Bookmarks carry over, as to many other little tweaks you might have done (my "just type" message is still changed, for example). No harm in upgrading.
    Sorry, ncinerate, you are wrong. I have Arabic and Hebrew keyboards installed. The upgrade causes the touchpad to continuously reboot according to a number of posters inthe Webos Development forum (and maybe it's just a checksum problem). I'm going to avoid upgrading till more is known.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I have these listed under Linux Applications. Does anyone know what they are or if I should uninstall them before I update?

GNU Patch
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$
    Lsdiff

I also have this under Service:

SysToolsMgrService

I uninstalled all of the patches and the kernel as I have read that it "maybe" safer to do so, but I am not sure about these.

Thank you.
    The only thing you need to uninstall would be themes. Patches will be updated over the next week or so and Preware will let you know when the updates are ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The only thing you need to uninstall would be themes. Patches will be updated over the next week or so and Preware will let you know when the updates are ready.
    Thank you. I guess I did some unnecessary uninstalling.

But..do you know what these are? Did I get them from Preware or were they already installed?

Linux Applications:
    GNU Patch
    Lsdiff

SysToolsMgrService
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Thank you. I guess I did some unnecessary uninstalling.

But..do you know what these are? Did I get them from Preware or were they already installed?

Linux Applications:
    GNU Patch
    Lsdiff

SysToolsMgrService
    they are required items that preware notifies you of when you attempt to install a patch or other kernel or the like. You will get the 'this needs another item to install' popup and you get the option to view it or install it and it generally puts it in the linux installed app sector. I like the word sector. I uninstalled all of them before the update. Update was a success.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    hey everyone, after the update to 3.0.4 77 preware menu doesnt show the "patches" section and i cant install any, is it supposed to reappear on its own soon?
  17. w0z
    It also makes several patches unnecessary - for example the touchpad sensitivity in 3.0.4 is remarkably improved which removes the need (in my opinion) of the "touchpad sensitivity" patch.
    This is exactly what we need to know. I hope someone (Ncinerate?) will do a new summary thread of which patches 3.0.4 renders unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by thief2323 View Post
    hey everyone, after the update to 3.0.4 77 preware menu doesnt show the "patches" section and i cant install any, is it supposed to reappear on its own soon?
    Same thing here. No Patches option.
    This isn't directly related to 3.04, but in the past few days I've had a significant problem come up.

When I just get on my touchpad, the touchscreen responsiveness has gone way down. I can't get rid of cards. When I try to open another app (assuming I get the launcher to load), instead of getting the app, my web browser or another app on the home screen will start loading, and then suddenly starts loading dozens of cards. I can't stop it. Not only that, but I try to power it down and the screen button to shut down can't be pressed. There are also instances where the cards will literally shake on the page and switch between cards without prompting.

I did install a bunch of patches from Preware when I first got the tablet, so I'm not really sure what is going on.

Can anyone help me out here?
    Quote Originally Posted by thief2323 View Post
    Patches are back up!