Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Just came out yesterday

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Does the browser have any support for remembering passwords?
    Thanks
    I have gone through all the steps per the awesome set up instructions on the first page. I am not trying to set up my optonline mail account and cannot get the outgoing mail to work. every time i try to set it up i get an error 3099 unable to reach server, is there any resolution?

I am on port 587 thanks in advance
    I just became the proud of owner of a white 64gb TP. Yay!! I don't see a doctor for the 64gb is that right? I'm trying to get preware , just did it with my pre3 via WOSQI.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by funkiikong; 09/28/2011 at 07:29 PM.
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.
    ^wow *envied* the white is soooo sexy.

gonna try out splashtop now as well...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltface View Post
    Does the browser have any support for remembering passwords?
    Thanks
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltface View Post
    Anyone?
    If i recall correctly, the stock browser does not have that feature. You will have to download/buy the "Advanced Browser" app that has that functionality.

To be clear about it, under the bookmarks tab, you have an option to set login information for websites that need it, such as this forum, emails, or eBay etc...
    TP + P3 = synergized
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PR3mier View Post
    If i recall correctly, the stock browser does not have that feature. You will have to download/buy the "Advanced Browser" app that has that functionality.

To be clear about it, under the bookmarks tab, you have an option to set login information for websites that need it, such as this forum, emails, or eBay etc...
    Thanks, I saw it mentioned in the "Get Started" guide but it seemed almost like an Alpha or early Beta. I'll give it a try.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    When I go into developer mode and get to the place asking for a password it won't let me go any further without a password. What do I do now?
  10.    #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpetman View Post
    When I go into developer mode and get to the place asking for a password it won't let me go any further without a password. What do I do now?
    You just click past it. DONT ENTER ANY PASSWORD.

If you already screwed up and put one in, or if there's already one active, you'll have to do a webos doctor to get everything reset so you can try again.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    don't suppose there's a way to make the advanced browser the default on the launcher row at the bottom?

edit - never mind. Hold and drag. I'm a dummy.
    Last edited by shane.kelly55; 09/29/2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: mistake
    a new proud owner and a newbie webOS user, so big thanks for the invaluable instructions.
    One small glitch though, I've tried installing Xserver separately and as part of Xecutah but it doesn't show up when I run Xecutah. I can see Xterm and run it but Xserver isn't there. Starting from the Xserver icon gets me a message to run from inside Xecutah.
    Any ideas?
    Am I doing something wrong, I installed webOS Quick installer 4.31 and connected my touchpad to my computer and left it off usb mode. The installer shows that my touchpad is connected as it shows touchpad next to devices in the top right corner. I then go click on the globe to find preware and install that but I get nothing in any of the tabs except themes. Did I do something wrong or is the server down? Maybe I missed something since I'm a little sleep deprived but going by the instructions there doesn't seem to be anything to miss. I've googled it and I keep finding a couple threads by a guy that had the same problem but it turned out he already had preware installed so it wouldn't' show up on the list. I don't have it installed...

*edit*

nvm after downloading and reinstalling quick install about 3 or 4 times I get an app list
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (53.1 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (54.9 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (71.5 KB, 9 views)
    Last edited by Silveradoguy85; 09/30/2011 at 06:12 AM.
    ncinerate, along with proxy support, there is also the PDF scaling fix here

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html
    Need some help with uninstalling hidden ubuntu files.

I installed ubuntu using the minimal method in the guide. I wasn't getting much use out of it so I uninstalled from preware it to gain some space. Evidently there are still 1.9 gigs of files left in the hidden .palm folder but i'm not sure which files I need to delete.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Where is the "remove untrusted" and "EOM overlord monitoring", can't find either for my new Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan06 View Post
    Need some help with uninstalling hidden ubuntu files.

I installed ubuntu using the minimal method in the guide. I wasn't getting much use out of it so I uninstalled from preware it to gain some space. Evidently there are still 1.9 gigs of files left in the hidden .palm folder but i'm not sure which files I need to delete.
    This might need to be a separate thread and perhaps it would be good if you could tell us exactly which guide you used... do you mean the first page of this thread, or perhaps this one:

UbuntuChroot - WebOS Internals

In any case, you probably need to do the following in Novaterm, to delete the file created for the loopback filesystem:

Code:
    umount /media/cryptofs/ubuntu.img
    rm /media/cryptofs/ubuntu.img
    It might also pay to check this file: /etc/fstab
    If there is a line like this:

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/ubuntu.img /media/ext3fs ext3 loop 0 0
    Then remove that single line from the file (perhaps a good idea to make a back of the fstab file first) and reboot. Hopefully you have your space back.
    Last edited by alex80386; 10/01/2011 at 08:08 PM.
    Great post ncinerate. I followed your instruction to install ubuntu without any meta-doctoring. It is fantastic. Now I was checking it and on the terminal I typed "kill -9 -1" and now the touchpad hung up. I can see the keyboard and the remaining screen is black. Nothing is happening. I can't power off as well. It got stuck. Could you please help me out here to fix it. I tried connecting it to my mac but nothing is happening. Please help me.
    jen.c likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gajju View Post
    Great post ncinerate. I followed your instruction to install ubuntu without any meta-doctoring. It is fantastic. Now I was checking it and on the terminal I typed "kill -9 -1" and now the touchpad hung up. I can see the keyboard and the remaining screen is black. Nothing is happening. I can't power off as well. It got stuck. Could you please help me out here to fix it. I tried connecting it to my mac but nothing is happening. Please help me.
    So you killed all processes except init and the kill process itself... in any case, did you try the "Trigger a restart" option from the Troubleshooting section of the user guide?

http://www.hpwebos.com/us/support/ha...ouchPad_UG.pdf
    I've installed preware and about 40 preware items along with it, but I can't seem to be able to get Make It So to install. Fails every time. Is anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone have any idea as to how I could go about solving it?