Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    any idea why hotmail.com mail access is broken? I don't want to sync my mail... Just access one email
    just hit 1.8ghz on mines no problem..trying to find more tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    any idea why hotmail.com mail access is broken? I don't want to sync my mail... Just access one email
    +1
    When you guys overclock to 1.5/1.7, are both CPUs are 1.5/1.7 or only CPU1? Mine seems to be only CPU1..
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineArch View Post
    When you guys overclock to 1.5/1.7, are both CPUs are 1.5/1.7 or only CPU1? Mine seems to be only CPU1..
    That's normal. The system -only- pulls the second processor online when it needs it (hard work).

If you leave govna on in the background and go use something intense, then go back to govna, you'll see that processor 2 was in use. It's how the touchpad saves power, because most programs don't really need the second core to operate at max-speed (or near to it). Activating the second core fulltime will speed things up a hair though...

If you feel the need for speed and want both processors on non-stop, then the F4 kernel is for you. Try 1.8ghz with both cores online fulltime . It screams, but it also burns power at about the rate you'd experience if you walked around on full 100% brightness... Which isn't to say that's all that bad (you'll still get a good days use out of it), but it is noticeably less battery life.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Wah? Full brightness won't even rjn 4 hrs here.. 25% runs about8 though

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7.    #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Wah? Full brightness won't even rjn 4 hrs here.. 25% runs about8 though

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Sounds about right. When I tested the F4 patch @ dual 1.8ghz it ran down the battery remarkably faster - and although I never reached a 0 battery, it certainly felt like it was between 4-5 hours worth of use compared to the normal 8+.

Which is a "good day worth of use" for most people - that'd even be remarkable battery life for a mobile device just a few years ago .

Still, I didn't find the extra speed to be worth it. F15C @ 1.7ghz or 1.8ghz = almost identical speed/benchmarks and the battery seems almost identical to how it was @ stock speed. Your mileage may vary.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Will your instructions work on a Mac? it seems everything revolves around Windows.
    I followed your instructions, and can't even install Webos Doctor on my Mac without getting an error message.

Can you refer me to instrucions for Mac? it would truly appreciated. I just received my TP yesterday. so yeah... I'm a real newbie.
    A very helpful post, thanks.
    Hey, thanks very much for this. Received my touchpad today and without any previous WebOS use, your guide effortlessly talked me through overclocking and installing some patches. Thank you very much

I have two questions I would be grateful if someone could answer....

1. In the OP, it discusses private browsing. I searched in preware and even manually trolled through the list everything section, and I cannot find anything that even mentions this. How do I enable this / find the patch?

2. I hear people mention a touch sensitivity patch... why is this needed and does it improve the experience? I find the touchpad perfectly responsive... no complaints so puzzled as to why I keep being recommended to install this?

Thanks for any help, and thanks again for that wonderful guide
    another thing, I'm accustomed to ios syncing between iDevices.. Is it possible to sync mail, settings etc to another touchpad?
    What ever happened to this patch? I can't seem to find it, I see the regular Increase...which is maintained my mau, but I can't seem to find the Increase...10 by WebOS Internals!

Any help would be appreciated.

Jay
    PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING THIS ON A MAC using LION SOFTWARE I am guessing?

I think it requires different drivers?

Ok, I am having problems getting this webOS Doctor Installed.
    I am presently using my MacBook Pro with Lion 10.7.1

Plugging the HP into my computer with the USB plug, the HP screen has the USB icon on its page while I appear for some time to be downloading it.

For some time I see a window that says it is verifying the application of
    HP webOSŪ Doctor(m) Build 71.68, webOS 3.0.2

Then I see it downloading the application of
    HP webOSŪ Doctor(m) Build 71.68, webOS 3.0.2

all the while my HP window has a large USB icon on its screen.......
    The the application asks me for permission to access my computer

the a grey window asking me to press whether its English US or English Canada
    Then CONFIRM english......
    the HP Legal thing scroll down and read...

Then a grey window telling me the Tool will reset my device if it has stopped responding during a software update.

This will take 15 minutes to a for, depending on your battery level. YOu cannot use your device during the reset process.
    After your device is reset, log ito your HP webOS account. Any information that your backed up to your HP profile will be restored………yadda yadda yadda

Then another window WELCOME to the Palm Ū webOS(m) drivers
    You will be guided through the process, yadda yadda

Then I am asked to select a disc where i want to install the PalmŪ webOS(™) Drivers Software and I am given 2 choices, 1 being my Mac Drive or the other, the HP Touchpad ( which it will not accept) so I assume it must be installed on the Mac Drive and I click on it to say ok

New windows tells me it will take 184kb of space on my computer.
    Click Install to perform a standard installation of this software o the disk "Mac Drive"
    and i press INSTALL

Then it says its installing them and validating

Then a new window that says THE INSTALLATION FAILED
    The installer encountered a error that caused the installation to fail.
    Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Ive now done this 2x and both times the exact same procedure has taken place and failed at the same time.

AM I DOING anything wrong?
    Whats my next step if i CANT get these installed?

TIA
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by Backbraker25 View Post
    Will your instructions work on a Mac? it seems everything revolves around Windows.
    I followed your instructions, and can't even install Webos Doctor on my Mac without getting an error message.

Can you refer me to instrucions for Mac? it would truly appreciated. I just received my TP yesterday. so yeah... I'm a real newbie.
    The mac should be fairly similar, as the only thing you actually need to do on the PC (or one of the -few- things) is install novacom drivers so you can install preware into the touchpad with webos quick install.

Webos quick install is a java app, so it'll run in mac just fine.... What kind of error message are you getting? Webos quick install doesn't install, it just runs - it's a .jar file. Do you have java installed?

Thanks for this info. 2doubt.

2: Now the tricky part. Hold the Volume Up button on the device and insert the USB cable into your computer, and the other end into your touchpad. After the large USB symbol appears on your touchpad screen, let go of the Volume Up button.

After this step, is there any way to get back to the normal running mode without running webos doctor? (For example, if you accidentally did this step, or you did it deliberately to run webos doctor, but later decided not to)
    I've read through the thread and I haven't seen this mentioned, if it has, please point me to the solution.
    My tp is 32gb, oc'd to 1.5 using UberKernel.
    When I go to the Comedy Central site and try to watch The Daily Show, video works well but the audio does not. Audio works with other sites/apps. Anybody else experience this? Thanks in advance.
    ^tried rebooting?
    i was having an audio problem and i rebooted, never had it repeated since.
    ^tried rebooting?
    Even though I had re-booted before, I tried it again with no positive result.
    I get audio using the Music app and on videos, using the native app and touchplayer and Kalem Media Player. Still no audio on Comedy Central's site :-( . Thanks for the response , anyone else have a solution, or at least an explanation why this is happening?
    ^tried rebooting?
    I had re-booted before, several times, but I tried re-booting again with no luck, as far as solving this problem. I get good audio using the music app as well as videos, using the native app as well as touchplayer and Kalem Media Player. Any help on solving this or at least explaining why this is happening will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    I've replied to this twice, but replies are not showing up. Will try again, and sorry if they all show up :-)

I have re-booted several times, but problem persists. I get good audio using music app and with native video app, as well as Touchplayer and Kalem Media Player. Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated.