Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Wow, just wow !

This is an absolute phenomenal post, so incredibly informative, and so easy to follow.

I got my TP a few days ago, and liked it immediately, but couldn't help feel it was just a tad sluggish. Not any more its not

I signed up here last night looking for customising info, what a fantastic move thats turned out to be

thank you very much for your post
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    just bought my TP on ebay as I just could get one during the firesales... 210$... Still ok I guess. Plus once converted to euros it is not to bad :-)
    Just need to get it deliver over here in the Old Continent.
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by yasikwidit View Post
    I don't have ad blocker installed. I used to, but after seeing your post about it messing up sites like cbs.com, i removed it. Not sure what else I can do to get those videos playing.

I did device restart and tried to install the 2 patches again, and still got the same message saying error installing.

This is what it says for the increase touch sensitivity and smoothness....
    I'm going to go ahead and suggest you perform a webos doctor and start from scratch. Somewhere along the line something got borked up/corrupted in your touchpad, and trying to track down what's going on at this point is going to be tough.

Start over, go one step at a time, and you should have no issues .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlm_Ran View Post
    Wow, just wow !

This is an absolute phenomenal post, so incredibly informative, and so easy to follow.

I got my TP a few days ago, and liked it immediately, but couldn't help feel it was just a tad sluggish. Not any more its not

I signed up here last night looking for customising info, what a fantastic move thats turned out to be

thank you very much for your post
    Glad I could help. I had lots of webos modding experiece thanks to my pre- so the first thing I did with my touchpad was spend days digging through hundreds of threads getting my touchpad dialed in perfect. Once it was finished, I figured since I already did all the legwork others would appreciate having the info to do the same upgrades. I didn't expect things to take off in the way they did, but I am glad I've been able to help so many people elevate their touchpad to the next level .

I keep adding from time to time as I find new things, so feel free to check back every so often, you might find something new that you previously missed .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    My keyboard is a bit sluggish still, and I installed all the patches. Possible that I'm missing something? I also installed 1.5 overclock thanks!
    The available kernals to me in preware are no longer there. All im getting is the recovery kernal. None of the OC kernals or evern the experimentals category...Im using uberkernal..they were there the other day now they're not..

I just looked in my feeds manager and the feed for those is no longer there.

How can it delete itself?
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post
    The available kernals to me in preware are no longer there. All im getting is the recovery kernal. None of the OC kernals or evern the experimentals category...Im using uberkernal..they were there the other day now they're not..

No idea, never heard of an entire feed deleting itself.

Re-add it.

Hi I'm new. followed the first post ok and installed most patches, but the * Make It So (you *NEED* this patch =D ) one doesn't work? It still says 'just type'. Any ideas as to why that would be? I haven't overlcocked or anything yet, simply added the preware and then the patches listed.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post

Not sure if this fully answers how they deleted themselves, but some answers about the testing feeds are here:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    So im really glad someone took the time to make a very detailed walk through Thx a bunch.
    So far im stuck staring at webos quick install and while trying to get the preware installed have found that there is nothing quick about it. Just says "installing org.webosinternals.preware_1.8.3_arm.ipk" the 2 arrows on the program are still chasing each other but i dont know how much longer this will take. Been going for about 20 mins now.
    Should I start to panic or am I going to have to use web os doctor to wipe it and try again?
  11.    #571  
    Preware should install pretty quickly (and nowhere near 20 minutes).

You probably don't need to run webos doctor. Try rebooting the touchpad/computer and try installing again.

Failing that, try running webos quick install on a different computer or from inside a linux environment (like ubuntu running in a virtualbox). Some people have oddball setups that don't work properly or existing installed programs on their PC that bork up novacom etc.

swyping up with one finger gives you the card switcher view, if you swype up with to finger you imidiately land in the start up app screen.
    found on the current precentral.net main page, could be included in the excellent front page tips post
    swyping up with one finger gives you the card switcher view, if you swype up with to finger you imidiately land in the start up app screen.
    found on the current precentral.net main page, could be included in the excellent front page tips post
    i read this but have never been able to make it work. Also a double swipe up is ridiculously awkward to do for some reason

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Please help. I followed get started but i get error msg. when trying to install muffle system logging, increase touch sensitivity and uberkernel. what should I do?
    If you don't givethe exact error message how do you expect to get help

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Just wanted to reiterate the appreciation. I'll have no idea whether mine was sluggish or not as I've not used it without the tweaks.

-Norris04
    @eblade : just swipe with two fingers, give it a try ! not THAT hard..
    see title
    I followed all of the directions and got everything up and running, overclocked to 1.5 and all was well for the past 3 weeks. Got up this morning and when I pressed the power button, an electrical plug appeared on the screen in all white and the unit was not on. I assumed it meant to charge the TouchPad and when plugged in a large battery appeared. I left it for a couple of hours and upon return there is a large USB symbol in white and it won't turn on. Worked fine last night. Any ideas what to do now? I did not use WebOS doctor while upgrading the operating system.
    Last edited by selat; 09/23/2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Update: Was able to get it started by pressing center button along with power button-didn't know this option exists.
    @eblade : just swipe with two fingers, give it a try ! not THAT hard..
    doesn't work here.
    Only works if I drag s second finger after the firstone so it counts it as two swipes apparently.

On the topic people taking 20 Min to install preware after doctoring.. If the system is still reinstalling all your apps it will take a very long time for theinstaller to have enough resources to do the preware install. So don't try to install stuff after doctoring until your apps are done restoring, or it will take a very long time

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!