Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    last bit of issues is that I tried deleting the filenotify.db3 file in var/luna/data/ but my photos are still... Weird on the touchpqd . Any solution yet? I remember reqding its because of the muffling of the logging
    ncinerate any ideas?

also, I just chatted with a web rep and they suggested that proxy settings support should be in future ota updates woohoo.
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    ncinerate any ideas?

also, I just chatted with a web rep and they suggested that proxy settings support should be in future ota updates woohoo.
    I'm not having any photo "wonkyness" and I have all the various patches and logging muffling installed and running.... What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? Maybe if I can understand what's going on I can recommend a solution.
    appears flaky components causing problem - sending back to HP

indeed touchpad "self healed" a bit with more functions working after simply not being used for a few hours but plugged in and on - usb stopped working - but may be again working - but I'm done with it - going to factory.

Various apps - including the HP app catalog - do not work as they did out of box - out of memory continues - etc - so 14 hours of full erase and web doctor - done 3 times - did not restore even back to flaky state out of box.
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    Thank you so much now tell me where to donate because this made my new TP from good to amazing.
    Just for you, I went ahead and added a button to the original post.

If you appreciate my continued efforts, feel free to

I'll toss whatever comes in towards more paid apps/reviews/thoughts for the original post while keeping everything updated and relevant.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your touchpad is up and rolling the way it -should-!
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
    OK, after letting it sit for 3 hours or so on creating the file I came back home and it was done. Though the xterm had kind of locked up and I closed and re-opened. Then the rest seemed to work OK...until I tried to install Ubuntu chroot from preware. It threw this error both times I tried to install it. Any thoughts?

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --user-agent Preware --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot_11.04-3_arm.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...1.04-3_arm.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    60 61.4M 60 36.9M 0 0 64631 0 0:16:37 0:10:00 0:06:37 95871
    60 61.4M 60 37.0M 0 0 64618 0 0:16:37 0:10:01 0:06:36 78743
    curl: (18) transfer closed with 25598914 bytes remaining to read
    After getting no ideas on where to start with this I decided to blow away the ubuntu.img file and start over. This time everything worked like a champ. Thanks again.

Now, does anyone know of a VPN client and RDP client I can load on this?

I opted not to bother with libreoffice at this time to save some space until I figured this other stuff out. Then I can see what's left. Don't see myself doing much that I can't just do with Google docs.
  6.    #526  
    rdesktop in ubuntu should work for the rdp.

not sure what to suggest for VPN, there are plenty of choices, try searching synaptic and picking one out.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Yep, rdesktop worked fine with network-manager-vpnc all running through my rooted HTC Hero.

Now, is there a way to get a mouse running on the Touchpad? If so, I'll be all set...for now. Then I have to go back and do it all again the HARD way.
  8.    #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
    Yep, rdesktop worked fine with network-manager-vpnc all running through my rooted HTC Hero.

Now, is there a way to get a mouse running on the Touchpad? If so, I'll be all set...for now. Then I have to go back and do it all again the HARD way.
    So far I haven't seen anyone successfully use a mouse on the touchpad. It -should- be possible through the bluetooth stack in ubuntu chroot, but it's going to take a greater dev than myself to make something like that happen. I've attempted various work-arounds and have even paired a device through the normal touchpad pairing system (it even shows the mouse icon in pairing), but in the end nothing happens and it's useless.

I've also been playing around a bit with trying to get a BT controller (game controller) to work, but that has also been a bust thus-far. If I stumble across a way to make it work I'll let you know.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Question regarding Orb, I set up my account and everything was working fine. I was able to access all my files:music, photo, movies, etc.. from my touchpad while my PC was running. Now when I go to myorb on the touchpad it says "No content found". I've refreshed my media library three times, closes orb caster on my PC and started it back up and nothing seems to work. Also if I go to the website on my computer it says no content found for the same categories. Any recommendations or help?
    Yeah, I got a mouse paired but not working. Oh well, I'll setup my Android tablet for VPN/RDP for now and keep playing with the HP. I just don't think I'd like trying to use it for work without a mouse. I don't even like using Ubuntu without a mouse. Hopefully it will be working soon.

Any thoughts on using a basic blue tooth keyboard with it? I like the HP but how do I use ESC (important in vi) or ALT? I'd much rather use the BT keyboard than the virtual.

Thanks for all of you help. Now I'll start hanging out in the main Ubuntu threads more.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thank you, both! I do have Govanh running and I did do some reading on it. It is not being compared to an Ipad (not a big fan) but more to an Archos. It just seems like it takes a looooong time to boot up and has some lags in opening up applications. It's been crazy the last couple weeks, so I haven't had a lot of time to sit and fiddle with it, but that is my mission this weekend. I will try your instructions and see if I can get it to work.
  12.    #532  
    Webos lookup has always taken awhile. You can mitigate this a bit with the advanced restart patch. That will let you restart Luna rather than the whole touchpad, which is often sufficient and happens much faster.

Either way, you don't reboot the touchpad often, so I wouldn't consider it a critical flaw :-).

Finish up all the directions and you should be happy with the touchpad responsiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    At this point hulu support is again broken. Too bad.
    maybe that's why when i installed the hulu from preware, i don't see anything in apps, download or anywhere.. i thought there was suppose to be an icon, but nada..
    hey, I installed ubuntu via the image method. I then removed it and went in to the .palm folder and found a bunch of folders. One folder happened to be 2GB, but I don't think it was right because after deleting it, my launcher and app icons were all gone. Anyways, meta doctored, but noticed that not everything is wiped from media. Some settings were saved and my launcher tabs still had games and homebrew on them. Thought? There still is a 2gb directory in .palm, so should I just leave it this time?
    Last edited by grandmastem; 09/16/2011 at 03:56 PM.
    I have uber installed on a Touchpad and was going to install "increase touch sensitivity and smoothness 10" but the only thing to install like that in the preware list is " increase touch sensistivity and smoothness" - without the "10"

I suspect the one shown is not for the touchpad - and the one with "10" is.

Is this correct.
    ?

how do I get the correct version - and is this not important as the Uberkernel may have this built in so the patch is unneeded - or perhaps the increase is not that great - or the patch without the "10" works on the Touchpad?
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    hey, I installed ubuntu via the image method. I then removed it and went in to the .palm folder and found a bunch of folders. One folder happened to be 2GB, but I don't think it was right because after deleting it, my launcher and app icons were all gone. Anyways, meta doctored, but noticed that not everything is wiped from media. Some settings were saved and my launcher tabs still had games and homebrew on them. Thought? There still is a 2gb directory in .palm, so should I just leave it this time?
    If you followed directions, there -may- be a strange-named 1.9 gigabyte FILE inside the .palm directory. I mentioned this because when I was fooling with it I unwittingly created several of these files and ate my hard-drive space up.

You're looking for a file, not a directory.

So if you're seeing a 2 gig directory, leave it alone .

17.    #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by papau View Post
    I have uber installed on a Touchpad and was going to install "increase touch sensitivity and smoothness 10" but the only thing to install like that in the preware list is " increase touch sensistivity and smoothness" - without the "10"

I suspect the one shown is not for the touchpad - and the one with "10" is.

Is this correct.
    ?

how do I get the correct version - and is this not important as the Uberkernel may have this built in so the patch is unneeded - or perhaps the increase is not that great - or the patch without the "10" works on the Touchpad?
    The "increase touchpad sensitivity" patch you see on preware is the updated version of this patch and is absolutely amazing.

So what I'm saying is - install the one you see, don't bother with the "touchpad sensitivity 10". I'll update the original post to reflect this. Thanks!

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Just for you, I went ahead and added a button to the original post.

If you appreciate my continued efforts, feel free to

I'll toss whatever comes in towards more paid apps/reviews/thoughts for the original post while keeping everything updated and relevant.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your touchpad is up and rolling the way it -should-!
    Thanks! I need to go get my PayPal account in order now ;-)
    I'm not having any photo "wonkyness" and I have all the various patches and logging muffling installed and running.... What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? Maybe if I can understand what's going on I can recommend a solution.
    sorry I didn't describe it better earlier. What happens is that I notice I can't zoom right into photos, say they are huge, like 1100px vertically. They look pretty pixelled. It loads a preview I'd say... Is that part of the system?

btw, you can probably add this to the front, muffle system logging /may/ break email attachments but Rod made a fix and its deployed in prepare named "Emergency Filecache Wipe" that fixes it :-)
    since my german qwertz bluetooth keyboard finally works ( http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3156916 ) the next big thing for ubuntu-chroot would be:

monitor-mode for wife using aircrack/airodump
    Last edited by mark_twain; 09/17/2011 at 06:23 AM.