Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
  1. xpl
    Thanks for the awesome guide. Much appreciated
    Ok, I went back and did the following security update:

While you're at it fixing "security issues", take a second to load up your touchpad web browser and surf to:

https://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile/

Tap on local storage. From there, you can manage your flash player privacy settings. At the -very- least you should use the "only from the sites I visit" setting to help prevent your flash player from assisting websites in tracking your surfing habits. Personally, I just turn the local data storage off. Yeah, it means I might need to adjust my volume next time I'm using youtube but I feel better without flash cookies watching me surf the web.

when I did Pandora didnt like it. I tried the "only from trusted sites" as well and it would not work so I had to go back to original setting. I there something I am doing wrong or do I need to do another step so I can use the only from sites i visit ortion?
    Quote Originally Posted by M. J. View Post

I'm an iTunes user, is there a way to sync my music using iTunes?
    Does the TP play Apple Lossless files? Are there limitations regarding sample rate or bit depth?

Was there ever any response to this question on iTunes?
    Dunno where to put this, but the UK ones say aeroplane mode, not airplane mode.
    That made me happy.
    fredfox_uk likes this.
    I'm curious about why I need to run webOS Doctor 3.0.2 on my Touchpad after I've already used OTA patching to get my Touchpad to 3.0.2, and why I need to do a full erase even before I run webOS Doctor. The Pre phone is much simpler.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

6.    #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    I'm curious about why I need to run webOS Doctor 3.0.2 on my Touchpad after I've already used OTA patching to get my Touchpad to 3.0.2, and why I need to do a full erase even before I run webOS Doctor. The Pre phone is much simpler.
    You don't.

It specifically says if you're having trouble getting the OTA patches, that you can do the webos doctor instead to achieve 3.0.2 status.

If the OTA patches installed fine for you, IGNORE the section about doing a full erase and a webos doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    Dunno where to put this, but the UK ones say aeroplane mode, not airplane mode.
    That made me happy.
    thanks for that, made me smile too, and my Pre says the same. HTC Desire says airplane :-) Its the little things !
    help - trying to overclock and getting the new kernel installed by the post install fails with "unable to verify" write error: no space left on device
    but there is 18 gig left on the device

Others have said reinstall default Palm Kernel and try again - but the default palm kernel is not listed in Preware - I may have deleted the feed for all I know but I don't think so. The other kernels - the testing ones - are shown including Uber

I have removed just about all the "getting started" items but may have missed some.

do i need to be in developer mode? Why no default kernel in preware?
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by papau View Post
    help - trying to overclock and getting the new kernel installed by the post install fails with "unable to verify" write error: no space left on device
    but there is 18 gig left on the device

Others have said reinstall default Palm Kernel and try again - but the default palm kernel is not listed in Preware - I may have deleted the feed for all I know but I don't think so. The other kernels - the testing ones - are shown including Uber

I have removed just about all the "getting started" items but may have missed some.

do i need to be in developer mode? Why no default kernel in preware?
    I have -NO- idea what you've done.

My suggestion? Full erase of device, webos doctor, and start over completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    It takes awhile. If it doesn't seem to be progressing after 15-20 minutes, try closing out, opening xserver/xterm back up. Sometimes this seems to freeze up at this step even though it HAS completed it. Once terminal is back up, go back to the right directory by typing:

cd /media/cryptofs

Now perform the next command:

mkfs.ext3 -F -b 1024 ubuntu.img 1900000

And so on based on the original instructions. Bear in mind this command will take awhile as well - just let the touchpad sit for 20-30 minutes to ensure it has finished before moving on.
    OK, after letting it sit for 3 hours or so on creating the file I came back home and it was done. Though the xterm had kind of locked up and I closed and re-opened. Then the rest seemed to work OK...until I tried to install Ubuntu chroot from preware. It threw this error both times I tried to install it. Any thoughts?

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --user-agent Preware --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.ubuntu-natty-chroot_11.04-3_arm.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...1.04-3_arm.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    60 61.4M 60 36.9M 0 0 64631 0 0:16:37 0:10:00 0:06:37 95871
    60 61.4M 60 37.0M 0 0 64618 0 0:16:37 0:10:01 0:06:36 78743
    curl: (18) transfer closed with 25598914 bytes remaining to read
    I have -NO- idea what you've done.

My suggestion? Full erase of device, webos doctor, and start over completely.
    There is 10 gig of photos and music on device - how do I do a "full erase" and not lose them?

I have done nothing to the device - many others are getting the "unable to verify" write error: no space left on device " - we are not all doing the same thing I am certain, and indeed all patches are removed with only "minimal logging" option change still in effect.. Program that installs each kernel checks that no changes were made to Palm Kernel before it replaces files - then copies the original files for backup - and when it gets the out of space result it restores the unchanged Palm files. Indeed the fact that no Palm Kernel option shows up in Preware may be because no kernel replacement has occurred.

So Webdoctor should be unnecessary. But if Web Doctor is run do I lose the packages I installed - some that are purchased like Germ. File Manager? The Webdoctor download takes a while and I assume running it takes more hours - but no problem if that is the way to go - assuming current non system files are not disturbed.

So the questions are:
    1. Preware does not show Palm Kernel - is this normal when no replacement kernel is installed?
    2. Webdoctor - does it do and require a total erase - including purchased apps and personal files.
    3. Webdoctor - is it even needed given the other folks getting the same "unable to verify" write error: no space left on device " verify error and restore of original files result? Can I do something so the install knows there is 17 GB left to play with?
    4. Minimal logging is still turned on - is that the reason "out of space" comes up?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I cant get Hulu to work. I tried the preware patch and doing it manually several times but it still wont work. I keep getting the hulu is not supported on your platform message. Any ideas?
    You don't.

It specifically says if you're having trouble getting the OTA patches, that you can do the webos doctor instead to achieve 3.0.2 status.

If the OTA patches installed fine for you, IGNORE the section about doing a full erase and a webos doctor.
    Oops. I read the start twice, guess I need to improve my comprehension skills. Thanks.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

guess what im replying from and where. yup behind a university proxy. i had to use firefox and ubuntu to do so. ill explain later.

nc, you didnt answer my photos question it seems to be an issue on virgin touchpads too.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I also get same hulu error message. It was working yesterday. Is hulu fix broken?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    just charged up my touchpad, printed this to get started THANK YOU!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    How do I play audio files on orb? Evertime I try to open one it says cant play Mime files??
  18.    #518  
    At this point hulu support is again broken. Too bad.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Thank you so much now tell me where to donate because this made my new TP from good to amazing.
    ncinerate likes this.
    great instruction nice to see it fall into place