Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1084
Like Tree309Likes
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by Caped Codder View Post
    Never miiiiind. Ran the Preware Hulu patch. Now Hulu works great!

    Thanks.
    Whaaaat! There's a hulu patch in preware?!?

    I gotta say it, whatever happens to our beloved platform, best damn mobile community ever. Thanks homebrew devs!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  2. #442  
    Hi,
    i managed to get Orb running smoothly and then tried to download an mp3 from my hard drive to the touchpad.
    The file appears in the music app but now I can't find it.
    I have tried Internalz and also tried searching when hooked up via USB.
    Does anybody know where Orb files get downloaded to?

    many thanks
  3. #443  
    Hi Guys, sorry in advance, this might have been asked a couple of times already, but the answer I found were "do it step by step as described again".
    I now try since 2 hours to get the doctor running. Meanwhile I deleted novacmd and other drivers a couple of times and re-downloaded/installed doctor a couple of times, too.

    Still the doctor keeps telling me to plug in my USB device. Windows finds it without problems and I can exchange files. I also try the "volume up trick" but can't see what help it is. Now I do it like described, which is:
    Run doctor
    Wait for the prompt to plug in the TP
    Hold the Volume Up button
    Plug in TP
    While keeping volume up pressed go into USB mode
    Once large USB Picture shows let go of Volume Up button
    Wait for something to happen in Doctor...

    Any tipps what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for the help and thanks for the guide! Can't wait to get over this step...
  4. #444  
    I just got my touchpad and I am trying to do the software update but it keeps saying "unable to connect. Try again later." I have been trying it for 1 hour and I'm getting frustrated. I am connected to the internet, I can surf, check mail, go to facebook and twitter. Is it just a busy time now. Is there a better time that is slower? Thanks for all the help. I can't wait to install preware and get it up and moving!
  5. Jammo's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #445  
    Thanks for taking the time to write up the information. It's a great source of information for me while I wait for my touchpad.
  6. #446  
    Great post! I successfully used it to get preware & patches, but have hit major snag puttng Ubuntu in img. All commands & responses are fine until "mkdir /media/ext3fs" when I get "no room left on device". I have copied music on & loaded some app but info says I have
    20g free. And the 1.9G img file was crsated correctly in /media/cryptofs. A "df -a -h|grep media" shows space in /media/internal & /media/cryptofs but I must be missing something here

    --Edit--Found I had mistyped something along the way, had a "/ubuntu.img" in root. All set. Sorry to bother
    Last edited by jfstiefel; 09/08/2011 at 10:14 AM.
  7. #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by yibrushn View Post
    I've had no trouble and I'm on win7 64-bit. look for other applications that could be associated with .jar files.
    I think that I might have messed up the file associations regarding .jar files here on my Windows 7 64-bit system. Can anyone tell me how to reset that to a default? Thanks.
  8. #448  
    Super post - i have done most of the stuff up to the overclocking and it works really well. I have had a quick look and couldn't find the answer so apologies if it has already been answered - but once you have done the patches and everything else do you turn off developer mode? or do you leave it in developer mode forever more?
  9. #449  
    Thanks for the clear instructions, now my touchpad is a better device.

    BTW, I copied some music to touchpad but the music app does not recognize them. Am I missing something?

    Thanks,
    -Muthu
  10. #450  
    I installed the prepare stuff apart from the ad blocker and the volume lite.
    Still running at 1.2, which I'm happy with... I do miss the ripple, I might bring it back.
  11. #451  
    Thank you for your expertise. I have the HP Touchpad and my wife has the Ipad. My daughter made the observation that the Ipad was faster. Now it is no longer faster.

    Thank you!
    werkx likes this.
  12. werkx's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by flitir View Post
    Thank you for your expertise. I have the HP Touchpad and my wife has the Ipad. My daughter made the observation that the Ipad was faster. Now it is no longer faster.

    Thank you!
    Like
  13.    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by kezmundo View Post
    Super post - i have done most of the stuff up to the overclocking and it works really well. I have had a quick look and couldn't find the answer so apologies if it has already been answered - but once you have done the patches and everything else do you turn off developer mode? or do you leave it in developer mode forever more?
    No reason to turn it off, I just leave mine on.
  14.    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    I installed the prepare stuff apart from the ad blocker and the volume lite.
    Still running at 1.2, which I'm happy with... I do miss the ripple, I might bring it back.
    I don't see much reason to stay at 1.2ghz - the chip is built for 1.5ghz (it's "underclocked" on our touchpads) and has no issues running that all-day-long. There's a negligible battery life difference and everything runs just that much smoother.

    In short, I'd say clocking it to 1.5ghz is the way to go.

    As for the ripple, I prefer the touchpad without it and got annoyed at the little lags etc that it caused in the onscreen keyboard and when inside applications. YMMV but things absolutely run better without it. On the same coin, one of the nice things about the touchpad is the ability to fiddle with it until it meets -your- desires. If you want tap ripple, go for it!
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by muthukumarn View Post
    Thanks for the clear instructions, now my touchpad is a better device.

    BTW, I copied some music to touchpad but the music app does not recognize them. Am I missing something?

    Thanks,
    -Muthu
    Should be fairly simple - are the music files basic mp3s or are you copying FLAC or something?

    Try another music handler like audiophile HD and see if -it- recognizes them. Make sure they are in a normal .mp3 format.
  16. #456  
    Need some help all! I added my work email account on my touchpad and was then prompted to add a pin for security. I am now not able to turn the pin off even though I have removed the email account. The option to turn it off has vanished! Any thought how I can turn it off?
  17. #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by heygee View Post
    Need some help all! I added my work email account on my touchpad and was then prompted to add a pin for security. I am now not able to turn the pin off even though I have removed the email account. The option to turn it off has vanished! Any thought how I can turn it off?
    Ignore that, I have finally figured it out. Even after removing the newly created email accounts, the Synergy accounts remained so had to remove them too for me to then be able to remove the device lock. I would like to ask though, if the wrong password was entered more than 4 times, what happens to the touchpad??? I would like to add the work email accounts back in but know the kids will tap anything to unlock it and end up locking it out ;-)
  18. #458  
    I am looking for a way to play music and control the left and right speaker volumes independently. Does anyone know of a procedure or an app that will do this on my HP Touchpad ?
  19. #459  
    Need help. Does the touchpad leave the developer stage on its own?
  20. #460  
    "unable to open saved packages database. Transaction failure code 1 unable to open a transaction to the database."
    How was it fixed?

Posting Permissions