Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Ncinerate,

Thank you so much. I have spent hours following your advice and reading thru these 22 pages.

Question on Orb: Is there a way to stream slingbox/player from my computer to my Touchpad? I have the software on the computer and my smartphone but no slingplayer app for webOS. So I thought perhaps I cd stream the slingplayer from my computer thru Orb but haven't figured out how to do so. Any help wd be appreciated. No I don't have a TV tuner in my computer.

Many thanks again for this amazingly helpful tutorial.
    You just edited the post. Before you put in that link for the easy config you had the commands. What was the command to launch the GUI session?
    lxsession... or something like that.
    lxsession is it.
    Thank you ncinerate for a very informative getting started guide...helped me enjoy my Touchpad more than if I would have never found this guide.

Any word on the Hulu fix? I installed the Hulu patch but video is still very choppy audio is fine.

Also a very basic and stupid question...How do you copy, cut and paste?
    there's a hulu patch via preloader

press down and hold your fingernail you'll get a menu with cut copy paste.

my problem has been to get stuff to paste. I see paste as the only option but the choice will go away as soon as I remove my finger to select the paste option
    I already installed the patch for Hulu but video is still very choppy. Anything else?

Thanks for the cut, copy and paste solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blotch View Post
    I un-installed OVI on my 64 bit laptop, but still didn't work - possibly remnants left in OS as I didn't run CCleaner. I just used the 32 bit netbook and all worked perfectly, preware was installed in a minute or so... :-) So I still don't know wheteher it was 32vs64bit thing or OVI....but may be of interest to those still trying to install preaware!
    Quote Originally Posted by acz View Post
    hello, what is Ovi?
    I am pretty certain that Ovi has never been on the PC that I am using, so I am tending to think that the inability to process the jar file really does have something to do with 64 vs 32 bit.
    ACZ, Ovi is a program for connecting and transferring files to Nokia phones. If you've had Nokia, the chances are you did install it at one point.

Blotch, I don't know what to tell you but as soon as I uninstalled Ovi on my machine, the preware install took off. Good thing you resolved the issue, though.

On a personal neophite note, after all recommended tweaks this thing is flying so freaking fast, it's almost scary
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions on Page 1 and installed all of the recommended patches on my 32GB TP. However I noticed that I can no longer "turn OFF" the device by holding the button on the top-right. I press and hold that button and nothing happens.

Is this intended by one of the installed patches or is this another issue? Please advice. Thanks.
    Wow, you all are getting TONS of press, I hope tons of sales too. I almost feel like the time all the petitions forced FOX to resurrect Family Guy, Hahahaha.
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by left4dead View Post
    I followed the instructions on Page 1 and installed all of the recommended patches on my 32GB TP. However I noticed that I can no longer "turn OFF" the device by holding the button on the top-right. I press and hold that button and nothing happens.

Is this intended by one of the installed patches or is this another issue? Please advice. Thanks.
    That doesn't make any sense - try doing a hard reboot by holding volume/power/center button and go from there. Should fix the issue. If not, try installing the advanced reset options patch from preware.
    Tried the Hulu fix and got a message:

"cp: can't stat 'libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory"

Hulu said my device is not supported.

When I tried to reverse the process I got this message:

"cp: can't stat '/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak': No such file or directory"

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    That doesn't make any sense - try doing a hard reboot by holding volume/power/center button and go from there. Should fix the issue. If not, try installing the advanced reset options patch from preware.

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion but it did not work (most likely due to unresponsive power button). I ended up doing a reset through the "Device Info" option and upon reboot the power button worked again. Very strange. I don't know what could have caused this but all seems well for now.
  13. J A
    Wonderful job OP on this get started guide I have my TP on warthog kernel at 1.7 as well as every other tweak suggested and this thing is running like a champ. Thank you so much.

Only one issue I have encountered so far... Apologies if this has been discussed but is anyone else having trouble getting Orb streaming to work?
    I am able to view all of my pictures and documents no problem. The issue is when I try to play a video or music file, it loads up, i click play and then it just buffers nonstop. I changed the settings to use the Orb player like it says to do in the guide. Tried it on my other windows PC using the Orb player and it works fine. Also works on my ps3 so I am pretty confident it is a touchpad issue and not router related.

I have adblocker installed could that be the issue? Really want to get this working and I know its something stupid that I am just not seeing. Anyone have suggestions?
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by J A View Post
    Wonderful job OP on this get started guide I have my TP on warthog kernel at 1.7 as well as every other tweak suggested and this thing is running like a champ. Thank you so much.

Only one issue I have encountered so far... Apologies if this has been discussed but is anyone else having trouble getting Orb streaming to work?
    I am able to view all of my pictures and documents no problem. The issue is when I try to play a video or music file, it loads up, i click play and then it just buffers nonstop. I changed the settings to use the Orb player like it says to do in the guide. Tried it on my other windows PC using the Orb player and it works fine. Also works on my ps3 so I am pretty confident it is a touchpad issue and not router related.

I have adblocker installed could that be the issue? Really want to get this working and I know its something stupid that I am just not seeing. Anyone have suggestions?
    You sure you have orb set to "flash" on the touchpad? Look again .
    Quote Originally Posted by sunraph View Post
    Ovi is a program for connecting and transferring files to Nokia phones.
    Thanks.
    I have never had a Nokia phone, so my best guess is still some issue with the 64-bit OS.
    Ncinerate,

Anyone have any idea whether and how this can be done-streaming slingplayer through Orb from computer to TouchPad? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by selat View Post
    Ncinerate,

Thank you so much. I have spent hours following your advice and reading thru these 22 pages.

Question on Orb: Is there a way to stream slingbox/player from my computer to my Touchpad? I have the software on the computer and my smartphone but no slingplayer app for webOS. So I thought perhaps I cd stream the slingplayer from my computer thru Orb but haven't figured out how to do so. Any help wd be appreciated. No I don't have a TV tuner in my computer.

Many thanks again for this amazingly helpful tutorial.
    Last edited by selat; 09/06/2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: to make more clear
    Great, now my touchpad is dead.

I erased all data, and after reboot I shut it down.
    Then I connected it to my PC while holding volume up.
    It doesn't find a driver for "QHSUSB_DLOAD" and webos doctor can't do anything.

It doesn't power up anymore also while plugged in it doesn't work.

Edit: I was able to revive it and everything updated perfectly after the 3rd attempt. Don't know why it didn't work at first.
    Last edited by radry; 09/06/2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acz View Post
    Thanks.
    I have never had a Nokia phone, so my best guess is still some issue with the 64-bit OS.
    I've had no trouble and I'm on win7 64-bit. look for other applications that could be associated with .jar files.
    Quote Originally Posted by yibrushn View Post
    I've had no trouble and I'm on win7 64-bit. look for other applications that could be associated with .jar files.
    Well, that would be out of my league just now, but I would be pleased to learn how to do that.
    Thanks.
    Never miiiiind. Ran the Preware Hulu patch. Now Hulu works great!

Thanks.