Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1084
Like Tree309Likes
  1. #21  
    Thanks, this should be a Sticky!
  2. resteasy's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #22  
    this is perfect thank you man. I was about to gather info as I'm coming in blind (have jailbroken and modded and created my own patched theme for iphones and know that scene very very well). This is my first WebOS device and I am stoked!
  3. #23  
    Making my way through some of this now. Thanks for the write up BTW. This might be a stupid question or maybe it was covered and I missed it but what if you want to remove something that was installed. How would you go about that?
  4.    #24  
    Well, over my years with the pre I've gotten plenty of help here at the forums. I'm just happy to be able to give something back.

    Welcome to all new touchpad users! I think you're going to like it around here.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 09/15/2011 at 12:39 AM.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DegreesLower View Post
    Making my way through some of this now. Thanks for the write up BTW. This might be a stupid question or maybe it was covered and I missed it but what if you want to remove something that was installed. How would you go about that?
    Tap and hold on the icon and it will bring up an X that lets you delete the app.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Tap and hold on the icon and it will bring up an X that lets you delete the app.

    Figured that part out. I was more worried about one of the patches maybe causing a glitch. So was curious how to remove a patch.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DegreesLower View Post
    Figured that part out. I was more worried about one of the patches maybe causing a glitch. So was curious how to remove a patch.
    Ahh. Patches are easily removed in preware by going into preware and selecting "installed packages". In the years since I bought my pre I've never had any issues with a patch, but the removal option is easy to use and can reverse any changes you don't like.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Ahh. Patches are easily removed in preware by going into preware and selecting "installed packages". In the years since I bought my pre I've never had any issues with a patch, but the removal option is easy to use and can reverse any changes you don't like.
    Awesome, Thanks a lot. Didn't figure there would be any issues but doesn't hurt to know anyway. I am liking it more and more every minute now. Just need to get it to connect to my printer and I will be golden. Thanks again.
  9. #29  
    THIS WAS AMAZING!!! What a fantastic post. I always fiddle with new electonics for a day or so before going on-line to see what I can do to it. Just the mere notion that I can bump this up to 1.5 Ghz and can watch full flash sites (hulu etc.) is perfect.

    I was getting excited about an Android Port, but I might hold of for a long while.

    Are there any WebOS quick install programs that are being used on the Touchpad that you guys would recommend?
  10. #30  
    Oh, and anyone have a patch for Haptic Feedback on the keyboard?
  11. #31  
    Thanks for the post. Trying all these tips out on the TP. Can't wait to see what else I can unlock.
  12. #32  
    Thanks a ton. Just picked up the touchpad Sat morning. Haven't gotten around to looking into patches yet as I'm still getting used to my first webOS device, but your write up sold me and it was simple to do. Huge improvement. Thanks!
  13. JirafaBo's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    [B]
    With the home button on the LEFT hand side of the touchpad, you can do something fun with minimized app (center button or with the bezel-into-screen swipe mentioned above). Tap and hold on the app, pull it down toward the bottom of the screen, then let go. WHEEEE - slingshot
    I'm a little confused by this....

    With HOME button on left (holding in landscape) if I pull down a card, it makes the stretchy sound, but it doesn't shoot off upon release, it just goes back to center of screen.

    On the other hand, with HOME button on the right side (holding in landscape) if I pull down a card, it makes NO slingshot stretchy sound, and when I release.... it zooms off and closes just like if it were shot away. I feel like it's flip-flopped....
    Last edited by JirafaBo; 08/22/2011 at 07:10 PM.
  14. #34  
    Great post! Looking forward to setting up my TP 16gb with this guide. Any feedback on how well it plays music / if there is a shoutcast type app or any better than standard music app yet?

    Also is it easy to connect to bluetooth speakers? Or is that something we will have to wait on the bluetooth being unlocked?
    scjjtt likes this.
  15. JeffPom's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
    I'm a little confused by this....

    With HOME button on left (holding in landscape) if I pull down a card, it makes the stretchy sound, but it doesn't shoot off upon release, it just goes back to center of screen.

    On the other hand, with HOME button on the right side (holding in landscape) if I pull down a card, it makes NO slingshot stretchy sound, and when I release.... it zooms off and closes just like if it were shot away. I feel like it's flip-flopped....
    Did you pull all the way down? You should be hearing the "Angry Birds" launch sound... Pull down as far as you can.
  16. JirafaBo's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffPom View Post
    Did you pull all the way down? You should be hearing the "Angry Birds" launch sound... Pull down as far as you can.
    Yeah. HOME button on left, I pull down and get a stretchy angry birds slingshot sound, but letting go does nothing. With HOME button on right, I pull down and it shoots off the screen with a 'woosh' sound and closes.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjp770 View Post
    Great post! Looking forward to setting up my TP 16gb with this guide. Any feedback on how well it plays music / if there is a shoutcast type app or any better than standard music app yet?

    Also is it easy to connect to bluetooth speakers? Or is that something we will have to wait on the bluetooth being unlocked?
    Plays music beautifully, stock music app does a good job. There is another option in audiophile hd pro, but I haven't tried it personally. Hopefully danplc will port over music player remix as well, but in the meantime you won't feel too lacking. Shoutcast players exist as well.

    No idea on speakers, haven't tried bluetooth audio. Looks like they should work just fine but I can't say for sure.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
    Yeah. HOME button on left, I pull down and get a stretchy angry birds slingshot sound, but letting go does nothing. With HOME button on right, I pull down and it shoots off the screen with a 'woosh' sound and closes.
    Try pulling the minimized window further down, as far as you can. Should work.
  19. JirafaBo's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Try pulling the minimized window further down, as far as you can. Should work.
    Well I was pulling down as far as it would go, but you have to kinda pull from the top of the card. My bad for wasting y'alls time. btw, didn't figure it out til I was making a video with my phone to show you guys and of course, first try it worked.
  20. JirafaBo's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #40  
    ok next question. I really prefer my home button on the right side.... But I also like the slingshot fun. Any way to switch it to all orientations or either landscape?
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions