Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    Hello to everyone,

i got my TP from the Firesale and i'm completely new to WebOS. I set my TP up following your guide (big thx!) and now i have some questions.

I'm an iTunes user, is there a way to sync my music using iTunes?
    Does the TP play Apple Lossless files? Are there limitations regarding sample rate or bit depth?

I already watched some video from flash based websites, is there a way to watch the sport streams on adthenet or similar sites that use the veetle or vshare players?

Greetz,
    M.J.
    Is the Hulu fix still in the test feeds? From the update to the first post it sounded like it was released. Just trying to decide if I want to mess with test feeds.

Did just about everything else in the guide. My TP flies and I'm enjoying it.

Trying to decide between Orb and PlayOn since the BHome app doesn't seem to work very well. I would gladly pay for it if it did. Especially if I didn't have to change my server software (or run multiple server programs).
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
    Is the Hulu fix still in the test feeds? From the update to the first post it sounded like it was released. Just trying to decide if I want to mess with test feeds.

Did just about everything else in the guide. My TP flies and I'm enjoying it.

Trying to decide between Orb and PlayOn since the BHome app doesn't seem to work very well. I would gladly pay for it if it did. Especially if I didn't have to change my server software (or run multiple server programs).
    I think it's still in testing feeds. Setting testing feeds up isn't difficult, and the hulu patch there works easy enough (easier than manually doing it, which I'd argue is also pretty damned simple).

Either way, worth doing if you use hulu (or espn3, or ibbc radio player, etc etc etc).
    I am trying to use web doctor to update. It seems to be stuck at 62% for about 20min now. Is that normal?
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky223 View Post
    I am trying to use web doctor to update. It seems to be stuck at 62% for about 20min now. Is that normal?
    Hard to say.

I'd give it more time. Worst comes to worse, you can re-attempt after a full restart etc.

You -did- turn off power saving on the usb ports right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Hard to say.

I'd give it more time. Worst comes to worse, you can re-attempt after a full restart etc.

You -did- turn off power saving on the usb ports right?
    Yes I did. How do I do a full restart? I will give it more time though.
  7.    #347  
    Yes I did. How do I do a full restart? I will give it more time though.
    Just reboot the computer etc, reboot the touchpad as per the instructions in the initial post here, and try to re-apply the doctor. If you're having trouble rebooting the pad, try holding down both volume buttons, the center button, AND the off button all at once for 30+ seconds. Should work.
    Just reboot the computer etc, reboot the touchpad as per the instructions in the initial post here, and try to re-apply the doctor. If you're having trouble rebooting the pad, try holding down both volume buttons, the center button, AND the off button all at once for 30+ seconds. Should work.
    There is a symbol that looks like a computer chip with an arrow. Its stuck on that and will not do anything.
  9.    #349  
    There is a symbol that looks like a computer chip with an arrow. Its stuck on that and will not do anything.
    Like I said, force a reboot.

Hold both volume buttons + the home button + the power button, keep em held for 30 seconds +, it'll reboot.

or try simply holding volume up/power. You want to get it into recovery mode. See the first post in this thread for some details.
    Like I said, force a reboot.

Hold both volume buttons + the home button + the power button, keep em held for 30 seconds +, it'll reboot.

or try simply holding volume up/power. You want to get it into recovery mode. See the first post in this thread for some details.
    Got it Thanks. Its at the part where you select language now.
  11.    #351  
    Got it Thanks. Its at the part where you select language now.
    Cool, good to hear it all worked out .
    Hello everyone!

I got my touchpad last week, from the firesale, but on ebay - paid 200 ($250) and have since ordered the touchstone charger, case and keyboard. All told, around 340 ($400). The touchstone charger is the best add-on for a gadget, ever!

I do have an iPad 2, and have been using macs for around 3 years. I'm not a fan boy, but have long hated windows for just not working, and giving me hours of frustration at work!

Firstly, thanks for the great advice from this forum, my TP is now fully pimped and clocked!

Second, the iPad IS the best tablet available, at retail - end of! It does "just work" and there are so many apps. I appreciate that not everyone will agree, but that is my view. I stumped up 659 for the 64GB wifi and 3G version ($800) and it is money well spent. I would never have bought the TP at full retail, but I love an outsider, so I have a 16GB model. I briefly owned an Asus Transformer with dock, a FAB bit of kit, but with nothing much to do on it - I have no idea why so many folks think Android & 'Honeycomb' is the b***ocks - it could be so good, but lacks the maturity of iOS's apps. I returned it before I got stuck with it, a great device, just had nothing to do on it! Literally!

I really hope the TP succeeds. I have no idea what HP's long term game plan is for this device, I may have just pi**ed my cash up the wall - but I thought it was worth a punt, to see what happens, and to support a device that had so much potential yet has its back to the wall!

So again, thanks to all of the devs that have supported this device and for making it what it is, I await the future with awe, anticipation, and amazement.

My first post, please, be kind to me!

Regards,

Peter (ukpetey)
    Hello all,

I'm having trouble joining the homebrew fun. I've downloaded the webos quick installer on my mac but for some odd reason it fails when it tries to install the novacom driver. The screenshot is attached. I've tried restarting both my TP and my mac and it still won't work. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quick question, and I apologize ahead of time if this is a repeated question. Do I click yes or no to the message "Preware is not associated to open application packages (.ipk files) from email or web. Would you like to add preware to the association list for .ipk?

This question showed up right after I installed preware and loaded the app for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatopias View Post
    Quick question, and I apologize ahead of time if this is a repeated question. Do I click yes or no to the message "Preware is not associated to open application packages (.ipk files) from email or web. Would you like to add preware to the association list for .ipk?

This question showed up right after I installed preware and loaded the app for the first time.
    I clicked yes (twice even) and my TP hasn't blown up yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by hurlbrrw View Post
    Hello all,

I'm having trouble joining the homebrew fun. I've downloaded the webos quick installer on my mac but for some odd reason it fails when it tries to install the novacom driver. The screenshot is attached. I've tried restarting both my TP and my mac and it still won't work. Any ideas?
    Started to do the same thing tonight and had the same error message. I feel like I've had this issue before on one occasion with my Pre but can't for the life of me remember how I overcame it other than sheer determination and further attempts. Any help would greatly be appreciated!
    Anyone using warthogkernel? 1.7 was pretty fast, but put it back on 1.5; but then tablet started doing odd things, like : freezing, pages getting glitches, twitchy, and just not loading. Dunno, reinstalled uber, going to wait to see what others think. Installed hulu patch, videos stream poorly, is it just me?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    I clicked yes (twice even) and my TP hasn't blown up yet!
    Sounds good enough to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by dobs10es View Post
    Hey Guys,

New to WebOS and TP here. Downloaded a few apps last night but am now just seeing these starting guides. Trying to install the patches and such and having issues with Preware. Made it where the app is on my TP and then when I click to download/install, I get a message:

"Preware is not assoicated to open application packages (.ipk files) from email or web.

Would you like to add preware to assoicated list for .ipk

Yes No

Make active Handler Yes"

Have I done something wrong thus far? Do I need to delete anything I've already downloaded? Any help as to what I should do with this page?

I greatly appreciate your help in advance.

-Dobs
    I selected Yes on mine. I don't know what you did wrong b/c I got the same message. I ddi have to tell you, I had a bear of a time trying to install Preware and after several days - I got it to work right. AND I still don't know what I did wrong. I think the above is just asking you if you want to be able to open files that ends in .ipk. Peeps - correct me if I am wrong.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    It appears to be running under Ubuntu

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html

Not for the faint of heart.
    LOL. I might have to pass it on to later.

Yeah, I explained that with some work, some effort, and some reading you -could- get chrome running on your touchpad .
    Thank you for the information! I am going to store this & may brave it in the future. I have the buggiest time just getting Preware loaded (not sure where I went wrong but I do have it up & running).

Cheers,
    Rena