Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes
    no I think I will wait for the patch......thanks for the quick reply
    UltraVegas likes this.
    Welcome
    There is a patch for hulu. It is in the testing feeds.

Open Preware and wait for it to finish loading.
    Open the App Menu (tap "Preware" in the top left corner of the screen) and tap Manage feeds.
    Scroll to the bottom until you see the New Feed box.
    Type or paste a name and corresponding URL from above in the appropriate text boxes. Make sure the URL does *not* have a slash at the end.
    Make sure the IS COMPRESSED option is set to YES.
    Tap Add Feed and then tap Yes when the alert pops up.
    Repeat these steps for each feed you wish to enable.
    Gesture swipe back. Preware will alert you that you have added feeds and ask if you want to update them now. Choose YES.

here are the two feeds you have to add.

You have to add these to feeds in order to see the hulu patch:

Name: webos-testing-all
    URL: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ls/testing/all

Name: webos-testing-armv7
    URL: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-.../testing/armv7

Once the feeds are added you can do a search for the word hulu and install the patch.
    Hi ncinerate, thanks for the informative post, it's invaluable for a beginner like myself. Just a quick observation if you don't mind. In your initial post you write
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate
    If your touchpad isn't charging when plugged into the wall, this could be because of an odd quirk of the charger itself. It can be split into two pieces by twisting it and pulling it apart.
    It's not a bug, it's a feature: the plug part of the charger is replaceable, and indeed ships with different plug adapters depending on the target market. :-) Just in case you've wondered.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiergunner View Post
    well I dont really want to stream, does orb play onboard files?
    Kalemsoft has a good media player, it is pricey but I think you can check out a beta version. It was worth the money to me...
    chrisjpopp likes this.
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeciMester View Post
    Hi ncinerate, thanks for the informative post, it's invaluable for a beginner like myself. Just a quick observation if you don't mind. In your initial post you write
    It's not a bug, it's a feature: the plug part of the charger is replaceable, and indeed ships with different plug adapters depending on the target market. :-) Just in case you've wondered.
    I understood what palm/hp was doing with the charger, but I still found it to be incredibly stupid.

The very first thing my 2-year-old did when I initially plugged in the touchpad, was wait until I wasnt looking and immediately disassemble the charger. I turned back around and saw him reaching for two exposed prongs sticking out of the electrical outlet. Panic!

It's too easily taken apart, to the extent that they are often not properly locked right from the factory, or fall out of proper placement during use. It's a stupid design imho.
    quick question, do I have to clear logs once I upgraded to 3.0.2 if I already cleared them for 3.0.0?
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdiapers View Post
    quick question, do I have to clear logs once I upgraded to 3.0.2 if I already cleared them for 3.0.0?
    I believe the answer to that question is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 View Post
    There is a patch for hulu. It is in the testing feeds.

Open Preware and wait for it to finish loading.
    Open the App Menu (tap "Preware" in the top left corner of the screen) and tap Manage feeds.
    Scroll to the bottom until you see the New Feed box.
    Type or paste a name and corresponding URL from above in the appropriate text boxes. Make sure the URL does *not* have a slash at the end.
    Make sure the IS COMPRESSED option is set to YES.
    Tap Add Feed and then tap Yes when the alert pops up.
    Repeat these steps for each feed you wish to enable.
    Gesture swipe back. Preware will alert you that you have added feeds and ask if you want to update them now. Choose YES.

here are the two feeds you have to add.

You have to add these to feeds in order to see the hulu patch:

URL: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ls/testing/all

URL: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-.../testing/armv7

Once the feeds are added you can do a search for the word hulu and install the patch.
    ok I keep getting an error message, I am typing in the URL just as you have it. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus14 View Post
    Does it matter what order you install things? If I recall correctly, I:

-dialed ##logs# and set to minimal
    -then i installed preware and the recommended patches
    -then i updated to new OS version
    -when i went to preware, it updated but i was wondering if me going out of order affected anything bad

thanks!
    I basically did my TP in the same order you did and I have no problems at all. I don't believe it matters what order things are done as long as you put it in developer mode, which if you got as far as you have you obviously did do that important step!

Quote Originally Posted by n3ll1y View Post
    My tp is updated to 3.0.2, im just a bit confused what is webos doctor...once I updated to 3.0.2....am i still going to need the web doctor? and how do i get it?
    Since the webos doctor is causing so many problems I would say skip it. I don't have it on my TP and it is really only there to put your TP back to factory settings if you screw it up. There are other ways to do a factory reset however; if you are still able to move around on the TP just go to settings and into System Information where you can erase everything you've done to your TP or do a hard reset and start from just-out-of-the-box scratch. There are also button sequences that have been mentioned in this thread that will reset your TP.

Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I understood what palm/hp was doing with the charger, but I still found it to be incredibly stupid.

The very first thing my 2-year-old did when I initially plugged in the touchpad, was wait until I wasnt looking and immediately disassemble the charger. I turned back around and saw him reaching for two exposed prongs sticking out of the electrical outlet. Panic!

It's too easily taken apart, to the extent that they are often not properly locked right from the factory, or fall out of proper placement during use. It's a stupid design imho.
    Wow! I am glad you noticed your youngling playing with it! I guess HP forgot that some of us still have young kids and that they might want to think about childproofing them for the future. Great idea, but need to make it a bit trickier to dissemble.

Quote Originally Posted by beanctr10 View Post
    ok I keep getting an error message, I am typing in the URL just as you have it. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
    How are you copying the urls? The forum shortens them in the post so if you are copying it with the ... in it then yes, you will get an error as that isn't actually part of the real url. To see the real url right click and open each one in their own tab/browser window and copy the text you see in the url box. Let us know if this is what you are doing and are still having problems.
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

URL: ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all

Target Device: Pre/Pre+/Pre2/Veer/TouchPad/Pre3
    URL: ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7

you can copy and past these. Just leave the http that is already in preware.
    Last edited by shadowhawk2020; 08/28/2011 at 01:28 PM.
    well I cant for the life of me get any video to work. Someone mentioned a beta of the kalemsoft player, where can I find that? I'd be happy to pay for it but I'd like to try it and make sure it suits me first
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiergunner View Post
    well I cant for the life of me get any video to work. Someone mentioned a beta of the kalemsoft player, where can I find that? I'd be happy to pay for it but I'd like to try it and make sure it suits me first
    KalemSoft - Products

It's worth the download, install and purchase. The stock "player" in the gallery is a joke. The TouchPlayer app runs slowly when it comes to playback, the controls are non-existent and just plain sucks.

If HP was nice, they'd do a promo for the Kalemsoft player like they did for the camera.

I'm torn between buying the Kalemsoft player now, wait until the time runs out on it then play or wait until any specials/promos/other come out because I have a TP and so does my wife so that would be TWO purchases.

BTW - If you are going elsewhere such as the app store for the Kalemsoft player and get real funky playback like lines, multiple images, etc. then you have ver 0.3.0 which is not TP Friendly. Ver 0.3.3 of the player is what you want!
    Quote Originally Posted by klemyk View Post
    when you first open up Preware on the TP, the first thing it asks is a FileType Association question.
    it says "Preware is not associated to open application packages from email or web. Would you like to add preware to the association list for .ipk ?"

is the answer YES or NO ?

Thanks !
    The answer is... YES! Until I knew about Preware, if I tried to put a patch or homebrew app on, I would get this nasty MIME TYPE error.

With Preware, this went away AND Preware is fast becoming a great alternative tot he App store.
    Scorpio888 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjpopp View Post
    KalemSoft - Products

It's worth the download, install and purchase. The stock "player" in the gallery is a joke. The TouchPlayer app runs slowly when it comes to playback, the controls are non-existent and just plain sucks.

If HP was nice, they'd do a promo for the Kalemsoft player like they did for the camera.

I'm torn between buying the Kalemsoft player now, wait until the time runs out on it then play or wait until any specials/promos/other come out because I have a TP and so does my wife so that would be TWO purchases.

BTW - If you are going elsewhere such as the app store for the Kalemsoft player and get real funky playback like lines, multiple images, etc. then you have ver 0.3.0 which is not TP Friendly. Ver 0.3.3 of the player is what you want!
    Thanks, Kalemsoft worked wonderfully, I'll be purchasing it
    Thank you Shadowhawk2020 works great now. I am loving my TP more and more. It does so many things. I am happy that I found this site. Everyone here is very helpful, its good to get away from the trolls. I am still not sure about increasing my clock speed for now.I think I will take a wait and see approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjpopp View Post
    The answer is... YES! Until I knew about Preware, if I tried to put a patch or homebrew app on, I would get this nasty MIME TYPE error.

With Preware, this went away AND Preware is fast becoming a great alternative tot he App store.
    I have said no. You can still use preware to install files but if you say yes it seems like it won't let you download files. Could just be me though.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    thanks, love this guide.

maybe I'm just "special" but I had issues using Handbreak and found DVDFab to be much better for ripping movies to my Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I used ondemandtcl ok? Also can't seem to find any patch called hulu do you have a name for it? I don't use hulu but do I need this patch for other things? Oh and say someone had copyright material on their pc and wanted to use orb is that ok?
    My question is in regards to Orb. If you have new music and new pictures on your computer does it automatically detect it if it is saved in the same folders you selected in the setup or do you have to add them manually?

Thanks